Bruno Guimaraes

I personally think we don't want to be seen to pay £100mill again.

But as i said though, the market has already been set and if we want players who make our team/squad better then we need to accept that's what we'll have to pay for that level of player.and

Your assumption may indeed be right but unfortunately, we don't know exactly what the reason for stalling, if indeed that is the case, and we are in the process of negotiating with Newcastle.

@tolmie's hairdoo seemed to suggest that we are, and that there is reluctance from Guimares. not wanting to upset the Newcastle fans. I guess we will have to wait and see, but if he wants to come to us, he needs to make it known to the Newcastle management and try and force the move for a perceived benefit for himself and ambitions.

He was underwhelming in the Copa America and his age profile is not what we really really pay over the odds for; but if Bruno G can take the strain off Rodri then bring him in. Forget swapping Kalvin Phillips the only long shot is Cancelo but he may be on too much money for Newcastle and would probably not fancy the move North-east.
Agree, he was pretty poor in the Copa America. Personally, I don’t see him as even being close to Rodri in ability or being able to cover for him. Doesn’t look any better than Nunes to me. Not bothered if we pass..

I know I said I will no longer post with regards to transfers but I couldn’t help myself here.

The only way this happens is if we come to an agreement with Newcastle. Which is unlikely as Newcastle valued him at his buyout clause and that we wouldn’t match. Bruno will not force anything, his utmost respect for the Newcastle fans rule that out.

Will City waste time or have they already moved on…

Have a good day!

I trust Txiki but he has (in the past) had a tendency to get caught up on deals for too long leaving us with nobody.

Kane for example when it was obvious he was never leaving. This deal feels the same, neither Bruno nor Kane will force themselves out.

I trust in Pep to make it work whatever happens, though. As always.

Indication from Newcastle United's ' hierachy that Bruno G is staying.

To be fair that’s the first rule of any negotiation- maintain that you are a reluctant seller and force the buyer to pay over the odds. Newcastle are hardly likely to start issuing statements saying they are tempted to cash in!

£90m. Take it or leave it. I think they’d find that hard to turn down.

The tweets Tolm was saying that were posted on here said we would do £85m so not much more is it? Unless Bobb goes there on loan fir a season as well?

To be fair that’s the first rule of any negotiation- maintain that you are a reluctant seller and force the buyer to pay over the odds. Newcastle are hardly likely to start issuing statements saying they are tempted to cash in!
No the signs have always been he is staying after the deadline passed with the release clause.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.