Bruno Guimaraes

834 minutes of Premier League football. Just over 9 games. When will we learn?
In all competitions, 17 games worth of minutes.
The fact that he only played 834 minutes suggests that Pep and not just the fans doesn't fancy him. Whilst correct Rodri and Mahrez got stick especially in their first season or so, Pep picked them alot more than he selected Nunes. We don't make many mistakes when it comes to transfers but he seems to be one of them.

The fact that he only played 834 minutes suggests that Pep and not just the fans doesn't fancy him. Whilst correct Rodri and Mahrez got stick especially in their first season or so, Pep picked them alot more than he selected Nunes. We don't make many mistakes when it comes to transfers but he seems to be one of them.
Nathan Ake didn't play much either to begin with. Even less than Nunes.

Nathan Ake didn't play much either to begin with. Even less than Nunes.
The problem with Nunes is it’s hard to see where he could regularly nail down a starting place for us. Not all for stats but as an attacking player his are bloody terrible. There is definitely talent there but where could he ever be truly good enough in an elite side? Don’t think he has the minerals to play deeper either.

834 minutes of Premier League football. Just over 9 games. When will we learn?
In all competitions, 17 games worth of minutes.
Probably never is the truth. I was all for giving Phillips a chance but he failed miserably.

Either way, nunes needs to be showing an awful lot more to be given the time to succeed. Debating it and getting it wrong on here don’t matter anyway -:)

I think unless the barcodes get off to a very good start this season he will be under huge pressure.

Is his reputation going to be any higher than it is now?

I think he would take it if offered.
Howe got a new deal 12 months ago. Him signing a new contract wasn't reported and it was only revealed last week, but the new terms means he now earns TWICE what Southgate was on.

Newcastle not able to offer CL football to their star players. there comes a point where Isak, Gordon, Bruno etc will ask if they have another pop in CL with them apart from the 4th place in group stage last season.
given so far they did not strengthen their squad this summer they maybe bit better with Pope and Tonali coming back from injury/suspension, but imo they would still need at least 2/3 club to underperform big time for them to clinch CL places.

Newcastle not able to offer CL football to their star players. there comes a point where Isak, Gordon, Bruno etc will ask if they have another pop in CL with them apart from the 4th place in group stage last season.
given so far they did not strengthen their squad this summer they maybe bit better with Pope and Tonali coming back from injury/suspension, but imo they would still need at least 2/3 club to underperform big time for them to clinch CL places.

I`m sure i seen Steffan saying somewhere that Newcastle still cant invest properly as from what they have spent to their turnover etc it wont allow it? Personally think Bruno G would be outstanding in our team and under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.