Bruno Guimaraes

Ray, you're in the "thank God you don't work for City" category for me...just saying...
I am not any different to you or the rest of the supporters. There have been plenty of misguided hype with a few over the years and manager recommendations aren't cast iron guarantees either. Fulham quite rightly stood their ground with Bayen Munich and their attempt Palhinha

It would depend what they were looking for. If it was a conventional DM then yes he’d be okay. We aren’t though we want somebody to play alongside Rodri like gundogan did, but also fill in when Rodri is rested without too much drop off, so for that Guimaraes is far superior.
Is he the only option I wouldn’t know I’m open to the club having other options . Paulinho isn’t one though, a very different kind of player.
We have failed in a couple of times in bringing in that type of player. No guarantees with Bruno G either. And that is at the very least £100m and that does have a deadline.

I am not any different to you or the rest of the supporters. There have been plenty of misguided hype with a few over the years and manager recommendations aren't cast iron guarantees either. Fulham quite rightly stood their ground with Bayen Munich and their attempt Palhinha
I respect you as supporter and it's obvious you support City 100%. I just think you're way off the mark regarding Bruno G. and if someone's going to make an error in judgement regarding an incoming player I prefer it to be Pep, simple as...

We have failed in a couple of times in bringing in that type of player. No guarantees with Bruno G either. And that is at the very least £100m and that does have a deadline.
Not really failed, we failed with a straight Rodri back up in Phillips, Gundogan only left last year, we tried according to rumours Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta,couldn’t for whatever reasons settled on Kovacic who’s okay as an option but was only ever an option. Now it seems we want Guimaraes so we have 3 to rotate ,I can see why. Price isn’t my problem the club look after finances and I have to reason to worry about it.

Nunes was a Pep favourite as well. I am fully aware the idea is trying to convince Pep to stay but signing his recommended targets isn't the way forward.

It doesn't say he was a Pep favourite and aside from bigging him post-CL tie, Nunes wasn't a Pep favourite he was demanding be signed - otherwise he would have been a priority, rather than 4th/5th choice on the list. A better example would be Maguire, but still, redundant. You're taking that part to fit a narrative you're creating.

I respect you as supporter and it's obvious you support City 100%. I just think you're way off the mark regarding Bruno G. and if someone's going to make an error in judgement regarding an incoming player I prefer it to be Pep, simple as...
In terms of getting the best out of the player I agree but in terms of judgement in recruitment they aren't infalliable either.

Last edited:
It doesn't say he was a Pep favourite and aside from bigging him post-CL tie, Nunes wasn't a Pep favourite he was demanding be signed - otherwise he would have been a priority, rather than 4th/5th choice on the list. A better example would be Maguire, but still, redundant. You're taking that part to fit a narrative you're creating.
Nunes was still a player Pep admired and was brought in as cover for Rodri even though he wasn't first choice. Same with the cheaper option in Kalvin Phillips was brought by recommendation from Bielsa. I am not sure Bruno G id especially with his age.

Last edited:
Not really failed, we failed with a straight Rodri back up in Phillips, Gundogan only left last year, we tried according to rumours Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta,couldn’t for whatever reasons settled on Kovacic who’s okay as an option but was only ever an option. Now it seems we want Guimaraes so we have 3 to rotate ,I can see why. Price isn’t my problem the club look after finances and I have to reason to worry about it.
You could argue Nunes is still a failure considering with the Bruno G links, even he he has shown enough for having another crack at the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.