Bruno Guimaraes

I speak regularly with a couple of necastle fans both season ticket holders and independently they have both said his biggest asset is always being available to receive the ball in space all over the pitch, and keep the ball moving. Building from the back through the pitch he always appears in in good positions.
The older one of the two compared him to Martin Peters, before my time but google tells me he was known as the ghost always ghosting into space unnoticed.
I asume most of us on here have only seen him playing us when they have little possession or bits on TV where you don’t see his off the ball movement, I trust both these geordie season ticket holders as both being very knowledgeable.
Screenshot 2024-06-03 155411.png

Yeah he'll do.

I speak regularly with a couple of necastle fans both season ticket holders and independently they have both said his biggest asset is always being available to receive the ball in space all over the pitch, and keep the ball moving. Building from the back through the pitch he always appears in in good positions.
The older one of the two compared him to Martin Peters, before my time but google tells me he was known as the ghost always ghosting into space unnoticed.
I asume most of us on here have only seen him playing us when they have little possession or bits on TV where you don’t see his off the ball movement, I trust both these geordie season ticket holders as both being very knowledgeable.
I like Bruno G far more than Paulinha. He can be a 6 and/or 8 for us. I just wish he was 3 years younger.

The always being available will be the thing that Pep will love the most. He loves a player receiving the ball on the half turn with the awareness of what they’ll do with the ball when they get it. Fluidity in motion.

We don't need anything too fancy with Rodri's cover. And he would be more available than Bruno G as well and doesn't have a deadline.

When is Kovacic going to play if we sign Bruno? Not to mention Lewis. Hasn't Kova done a good enough job sitting next to Rodri not to spend 100M on this guy?

I'd much rather put that money towards a real game-changer like Musiala.

Don't know how do other top teams do it who have more players than us?

From what I have seen, this rumour is coming from putting 3 assumptions together.

1. Newcastle need to sell for PSR.
2. He would be the player that would bring the most money in.
3. We are a club with financial resources.

Is that pretty much it, or is there anything more that suggests we are actually after him. Maybe a distant 4th, we tried to sign Paqueta last summer, so he is seen as somewhat similar, ish.

We don't need anything too fancy with Rodri's cover. And he would be more available than Bruno G as well and doesn't have a deadline.
I get this logic, but Bruno would start the majority of games for us. The idea is to stop signing squad player, and start signing players who can elevate us somehow. Other teams are catching up, Madrid getting stronger as well, so we need to step it up. I would also prefer Wirtz or Musiala, but Bruno is someone we need even more right now. Palhinha is a great player, but he would be nothing more but a good Rodri cover. Bruno is a level above, IMO. I think Echeverri is our future KDB replacement anyway...

I get this logic, but Bruno would start the majority of games for us. The idea is to stop signing squad player, and start signing player who can elevate us somehow. Other teams are catching up, Madrid getting stronger as well, so we need to step it up. I would also prefer Wirtz or Musiala, but Bruno is someone we need even more right now. Palhinha is a great player, but he would me nothing more but a good Rodri cover. Bruno is a level above, IMO. I think Echeverri is our future KDB replacement anyway...
Ahead of who? Bernardo Silva isn't looking to be moved on anytime soon, Foden has had his best season yet as a professional football and despite KDB's advancing years he is still a very useful player to have. Kovacic and Nunes look good for another season too.

Ahead of who? Bernardo Silva isn't looking to be moved on anytime soon, Foden has had his best season yet as a professional football and despite KDB's advancing years he is still a very useful player to have.
KDB. He is getting older, looked knackered towards the end of the season despite only playing from January. We are negotiating a reduced wage for KDB as we speak, so I think he will play less next season.
Rodri needs a rest sometimes as well.

Otherwise, there are more games next season anyway, so key players will play loads of games anyway, probably more than they want. We need some fresh legs in the starting 11, and Bruno is exactly that.

I like Bruno G far more than Paulinha. He can be a 6 and/or 8 for us. I just wish he was 3 years younger.

The always being available will be the thing that Pep will love the most. He loves a player receiving the ball on the half turn with the awareness of what they’ll do with the ball when they get it. Fluidity in motion.
To be honest maybe a month ago I just thought he was a Rodri back and couldn’t see us spending the money. Only when the talk got louder I asked the Newcastle fans if he was just a DM back up. They both convinced me he could do that but was much closer to a Gundogan than a pure Rodri MK 2, that’s when I got on the Guimaraes train.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.