Bruno Peres

LIke i said, 15 million is more than enough for him. to reject that is just pure greed.
Up until a few months back, I'd have said exactly The same. Sadly though I've now come to the conclusion that If we went for a right back, from the dog and duck, these days, they'd insist that the track suits we gave them in exchange were supplied by Georgio Armani.... Fact of life.!!

Not sure on this one myself, to be honest, but if Pep thinks he's better than what we currently have, then go for it. Can't keep walking away.

Last edited:
I agree with you.....was pointing out the argument used for Nolito being a great signing ;)
Jonny.....Just because Pep wants a player doesn't elevate them to greatness.... that argument has been used for years by 'in Arsene we trust' arse fans.

No but you were looking for 'why is this a great signing' on a fans forum.....

All due respect to the football geniuses on here.....I'll take Pep's judgment over that....

People need to realise that we have a city premium on any player we buy. It's life. Who cares what any transfer costs if it's affordable I'm respect to the first team and merchandise over the contract.
Also... pep is signing players he not only trusts but have a superb work ethic. Half the battle in the prem is matching teams with hard work and then our talented players take over. Too many games were lost with the team thinking it'd be a walk over.
Yes all city fans want the best players. But they don't create the right blend. Peres is very quick. Attacking and recovery is key in the full backs this season. That's why Zabba and kola are being moved on. Left back has always been our weak link to which I'm sure it'll be addressed. In pep we trust lol

Imagine saying this after we signed Fernandinho who was nowhere near the Brazilian team prior to signing with us. Some of Brazil's problems is the way the team is selected with agents and "who's the most marketable" affecting selections vs who's in form/best players. Then you compare it to another National team with questionable team selection. That's not a knock on Sagna who's been great for us and France but you didn't use the greatest examples to back up your points at all.
That happens everywhere mate. -Certainly with regards to the England team - No matter how useless they are. Rooney & Smallin were surely prime examples of that point in Euro 2016

Last edited:
So I downloaded two matches to watch him because I think competent fullbacks are a top priority this season, and I was impressed with a couple things, as well as disappointed with others.

He was the quickest player on the pitch. The guy's got afterburners. He'did probably be our quickest player. His speed gets him out of trouble.

The way he dribbles reminds you of a proper winger.

His passing and crossing, though, seemed wayward, and I am certain he will make me shit myself when he is defending a corner. Not confident or strong in the air from the little bit I saw.

Last edited:
Peres(RWB) 31 Appearances, 3 goals(31 shots), 32 chances created(4 assists), 45 tackles, 36 interceptions, 41 clearances, 5 blocks, 7 headers won

Kolarov(LB) 28 appearances, 3 goals(26 shots), 38 chances created(3 assists), 25 tackles, 46 interceptions, 94 clearances, 8 blocks, 43 headers won

Nothing wrong with his stamina, still bombing past our left winger in the 90th minute. You don't have to have pace to be a wingback, Lichtsteiner & Evra are not quick and they do just fine for Juventus in those positions. His work ethic is iffy but he does more defensive work than Peres

Your flogging a dead horse mate. Kolorov is not what we need going forward.

Serie A is struggling these days and this is how every outgoing transfer goes. There are no top players going to Italy to play (with the exception of Juve) and all their brightest more talented players are leaving. They are trying to squeeze every penny out of the clubs who are taking their talent, as well they should I guess. They are also trying to lowball everyone on the players they are buying (Zaba).... Serie A is in a bad state right now. It's a shame too because Euro football is better off with the Milan teams competitive again.

I for one hope we finalize this. Great pace going forward, offensive minded and Pep approved. Good for me

You can say that again..... he's what 26....and only played 3 seasons of 1st team football..... rest of career been spent loaned out... nowhere near the current worst Brazil team in my lifetime (probably ever)..... and people have decided he's better than the current French national right back? I remember being in the Spain team was reason enough to declare Nolito as the second coming of christ!.....so why is this guy a great signing?
O think Sagna will bench him initially, but eventually I expect him to take over because of his offensive abilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.