BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

2 things I noticed were that when the penalty was given after the VAR review, they knew what the decision was, but didn't tell us. I spent 10 seconds not knowing what the Ref had given. Second thing is, at one point one of them said 'Everyone other than City fans are hoping for an Arsenal win here... Really ?
They knew it was a pen but didn’t want to believe it or inform us until it left the Algerian Robbens foot

I had to suffer talksports version, as I was driving back from the Lake District, it surely couldn't have been as bad as that ? I don't know who the woman in the studio was, or who she supports, arsenal, liverpoool, or united, but the bias against City was just pathetic.

Its the hope that kills them though, and its hilarious.

Rival fans were actually joking calling it 'Arsenal Fan TV', it was bad.

I think most of the media bias stuff on here is over the top, but they've created a narrative from scratch about inconsistency and decisions when there was really very little to it. The main two that had me laughing out loud was the Rodri slip that went for a corner and Darren Fletcher was talking up a possible red card and Laporte having his arm dragged up by an opposition player and them talking like he'd raised his arm deliberately to hurt him. I dunno if Keown on commentary got carried away or if they were responding to the crowd but it was as bad as I've ever heard today.

It was disgraceful. Absolute scum the lot of 'em.

It was genuinely like watching an Arsenal fan channel.

Fletcher, McManaman and Keown are all god awful in their own right but together they managed to become even worse than the sum of their parts.

I wonder if Arsenal fans picked up on the blatant bias.
Don't have much time for McManaman as a commentator, but he was the only one who didn't get carried away on some of the incidents where the other two absolutely did so he was ok but only ok.

Funny how there’s never such a debate when we don’t get penalties.
Fuck em!
They want a title race and we ain’t giving them one
For me honestly
1) Ederson tackle was 50/50 could have been given but we never get those so why should others. He was never gonna score
2) Jesus one was a 50/50 but never gonna get a penalty even though it should be
3) Bernardo clearly fouled twice with legs and shirt pull. Anyone who thinks it’s not a pen is biased end of
4) rodri won the ball and the arsenal players and fans wanted a red?????
5) Gabriel deserved both yellow cards. No question
So all in all the ref did ok in the face of a hostile crowd and an arsenal team constantly in his face Hounding him
BT is awful
Known and mcmanaman are useless and the commentator got caught up in the ‘story’
As I stated previously where was jake with his var issues when we got four dodgy decisions at Brighton
Brighton sending off nailed on - not given
Jesus penalty more of a pen than odergard

BT are fucking scum, the bias today was shit even by their scummy standards. Funny they never mentioned the headlock on Jesus or the push on Ake in the first half. Or Saka not getting booked for hacking down Sterling. But if we look at the two decisions they have majored on, it shows they are trying to subvert the rules and create a false narrative.

Ederson, my initial thought was no penalty, the replays were inconclusive, VAR stated the same, there was no clear and obvious error. So should VAR have said, even though we have all the angles and cannot see an offence why don’t you have a go ref, see if you can find something. Of course not.

Bernardo, my initial thought, he went down pretty easily, but the replays nailed it, a dangled leg and a shirt pull, bang to rights! Thus VAR had no choice if it was to retain any credibility.

maybe City should push for their own broadcast rights, I would prefer to pay City than BT or Sly.

I’m still fuckin livid lads. That twat Keown should be tied to a stake and made to watch MUFC videos on repeat. He is an absolute cock of the highest order - a complete bellend of a man. Fuck sake, he even got paid today for coming out with that shite.

I’m still fuckin livid lads. That twat Keown should be tied to a stake and made to watch MUFC videos on repeat. He is an absolute cock of the highest order - a complete bellend of a man. Fuck sake, he even got paid today for coming out with that shite.
Don’t be to harsh, he’s got to look in his Mirror every morning

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.