BT Sport or BT Bias?

Esteban de la Sexface said:
These people commentating on City aren't City fans. They aren't bitter. People only hear bitterness because that is what they are listening for.

Michael Owen said we were the best team in the premier league and would win it 3 times last night. He said we were a joy to watch twice.

Not everybody lives in the same City bubble we do.

the major incidents from last night

1. Dawson disallowed goal - he was onside when the ball was played.
2. Penalty and red card - never a pen, never a red card
3. Dawson on Aguero - rough but there was never any intent to use the elbow.
4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best!
Fair play on the wind up, but I'm going to bite anyway.

1. Dawson wasn't offside when the free kick was taken, but Adebayor was, and he went for, and touched, the ball, so it was offside. Pretty simple really.

2. The penalty was a bit harsh, but Rose had to go through Dzeko to get to the ball, he also touched Dzeko's trailing leg, so contact was actually made before he made contact with the ball. Oh, and if the ref gave a penalty, then he absolutely had to give a red card.

3. Agreed, it was not an elbow, and I think Aguero made more of it than he had to.

4. Shite. This is what the Filth used to do to Arsenal. We are not in the 70s or 80s, and kicking lumps out of opposition teams is supposed to be a thing of the past. People want to see football, not a poor substitute for a Sunday League kick about.

5. Owen is a bit of an enigma. He dishes out platitudes, but does have sly digs as well. I personally hate his monotonous drawl......he's the commentators equivalent of Giggs' definition of brotherly love.

4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best.

1. I'm yet to see a replay showing that.

What is absolutely clear is that Adebayor was offside. The test by the way is not whether he was interfering in play, the test is whether he was 'active'. He was trying to head the ball into the net in the centre of the goal about 4 yards from the goal line. Usually I would sympathise with the idea that Adebayor was not active, but it is difficult to imagine him being any more active than that. So even if Dawson was onside (which has not been established) the goal was properly disallowed.

2. The red card follows from the could which denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so if the pen was rightly awarded so was the card. There are two reasons why it was a pen: (a) Rose had to go through Dzeko to get the ball. (b) Even though Rose touched the ball he did not take it out of Dzeko's control. After Rose got a touch on the ball what prevented Dzeko from taking the shot was not that Rose had put the ball into Row Z, or had knocked it away out of Dzeko's reach, but the fact that Rose took Dzeko's legs away.

3. Agreed

4. Agreed, but was deserving of more protection from referees and more comment from pundits.

Sigh said:
They were both offside when the free-kick was struck, and Ade remained so throughout, and his proximity to Joe meant that he was ipso facto interfering with play, and Dawson came back into an offside position as Ade went for the ball and made contact. This isn't hard. There are camera angles directly in-line.

Stop focusing on the magicians right hand. He has two you know.

Same with Rose. Stop looking at his right leg, and watch his left.

Dawson looked offside to the assistant when the ball was struck, but he wasn't.. Zabba was keeping him on. It was a wrong decision. We can accept it, we don't have to prove it was right, we still get the goal chalked off and keep the 3 points.

The penalty is subjective. Rose had to make the tackle. He clearly got the ball but in the process he caught Dzeko, I don't think there was enough contact for Dzeko to go down in the manner he did. I wouldn't have given it in real time.

Incidentally, the lead up to their offside goal was never a foul from Yaya on Rose. Things were heated and Mariner was losing control at this stage. Rose tipped over very easily.

Mariner was very poor for both sides last night

p.s. underlining your main points and saying ipso facto does not give more credence to your argument. It is like putting a big FACT at the end. :)

Watched BT for the first time last night in the pub and ended up screaming at the TV. Owen kept going on about the injustice of the penalty decision but they never mentioned Bentaleb's impersonation of LeBron James.

Owen is just fucking appalling generally. No wonder they want Andy Gray back.

As for the offside, they kept saying he's got it wrong as he'd told them he was flagging Dawson. But Adebayor was 100% offside and active yet they as good as said that didn't matter.

Theoretical situation.

1. We are playing second leg in the Nou Camp. Vinny scores the exact same goal as Dawson last night, disallowed, there would be uproar
2. Clichy makes a last ditch tackle on Messi, in the exact same manner, penalty given and Clichy off, there would be uproar

We don't need to justify what were favourable decisions given to us by a linesman. As I said the decisions stand. Same as they would if they went against us.

There is no agenda, or bias or conspiracy.

There are unqualified journalists, pundits and referees that are not fit for purpose, which is another argument.

Sigh said:
They were both offside when the free-kick was struck, and Ade remained so throughout, and his proximity to Joe meant that he was ipso facto interfering with play, and Dawson came back into an offside position as Ade went for the ball and made contact. This isn't hard. There are camera angles directly in-line.

Dawson looked offside to the assistant when the ball was struck, but he wasn't.. Zabba was keeping him on. It was a wrong decision. We can accept it, we don't have to prove it was right, we still get the goal chalked off and keep the 3 points.

The penalty is subjective. Rose had to make the tackle. He clearly got the ball but in the process he caught Dzeko, I don't think there was enough contact for Dzeko to go down in the manner he did. I wouldn't have given it in real time.

Incidentally, the lead up to their offside goal was never a foul from Yaya on Rose. Things were heated and Mariner was losing control at this stage. Rose tipped over very easily.

p.s. underlining your main points and saying ipso facto does not give more credence to your argument. It is like putting a big FACT at the end. :)

Yer get the comment that 'the ref gave us nothing all night'! But we are getting an increasing number of referees who make dreadful decisions for both sides. I often wonder whether they are subconsciously evening up one bad decision with another!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sigh said:

Yer get the comment that 'the ref gave us nothing all night'! But we are getting an increasing number of referees who make dreadful decisions for both sides. I often wonder whether they are subconsciously evening up one bad decision with another!

It is usually a slippery slope from the first perceived injustice or incorrect decision. Home fans are good at putting pressure on refs, almost every home teams fans are on at the ref from about the 10th minute in.

When things aren't going well it is always the ref or the pitch or the alignment of the stars or boardroom disputes.

That is why I liked Sherwoods comments after the game "They are better than us".

Theoretical situation.

1. We are playing second leg in the Nou Camp. Vinny scores the exact same goal as Dawson last night, disallowed, there would be uproar
2. Clichy makes a last ditch tackle on Messi, in the exact same manner, penalty given and Clichy off, there would be uproar

We don't need to justify what were favourable decisions given to us by a linesman. As I said the decisions stand. Same as they would if they went against us.

There is no agenda, or bias or conspiracy.

There are unqualified journalists, pundits and referees that are not fit for purpose, which is another argument.

On first sight I thought Ade was offside and it was no penalty. On seeing replays I'm sure Ade was offside and it was a penalty. Doesnt really make a difference whether ut goes our way or not.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
xenon_ said:
These people commentating on City aren't City fans. They aren't bitter. People only hear bitterness because that is what they are listening for.

Michael Owen said we were the best team in the premier league and would win it 3 times last night. He said we were a joy to watch twice.

Not everybody lives in the same City bubble we do.

4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best.

Sexface dropping science on these bubble-dwellers :D

'Tis bad science. If we are using the camera to point out that Rose played the ball, look carefully, very carefully and you will see that Rose's left thigh makes contact with the calf on Dzeko's right leg BEFORE he plays the ball.

Just seen that Tottenham are indeed appealing the red card.

I said, straight away, mate... "He made contact with Dzeko a split-second before he touched the ball." But when you see the replay, it's simply not enough to impact Dzeko, (It's like 0.001 pounds of pressure, 0.1 second before he gets the ball,) who goes down after Rose's foot makes contact.

Technicalities are all well and good, and most deifnitely worth fighting for, but why can't you just admit when we dodged a bullet. It was a decision that sometimes gets given, sometimes it doesn't. We got the better end of the stick.

And for the record, it was an amazing, heroic tackle, in my opinion. In that situation, if you blow the whistle, though, then you have to issue a red card, because it's the rules.

Had the situation been reversed, there would be a large percentage of City fans going mental at the injustice. Take off your blue-tinted goggles and just look at it from an outside perspective. Instead of slowing down the footage to 3 frames per second and trying to find a way of saying "City get no favours from officials."

the most shocking part of the night was Jake Humphrey saying spurs was cheated hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahah

we was running riot with 11 vs 11 dzeko could and should scored 4 in the first half the ref was giving us nothing and the yellow cards and spurs getting away with murder just shows how well city played

cheated what on earth was he watching

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.