BT Sport or BT Bias?

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Theoretical situation.

1. We are playing second leg in the Nou Camp. Vinny scores the exact same goal as Dawson last night, disallowed, there would be uproar
2. Clichy makes a last ditch tackle on Messi, in the exact same manner, penalty given and Clichy off, there would be uproar

We don't need to justify what were favourable decisions given to us by a linesman. As I said the decisions stand. Same as they would if they went against us.

There is no agenda, or bias or conspiracy.

There are unqualified journalists, pundits and referees that are not fit for purpose, which is another argument.

1. Not from me there fucking wouldn't.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Dawson looked offside to the assistant when the ball was struck, but he wasn't.. Zabba was keeping him on. It was a wrong decision. We can accept it, we don't have to prove it was right, we still get the goal chalked off and keep the 3 points.

The penalty is subjective. Rose had to make the tackle. He clearly got the ball but in the process he caught Dzeko, I don't think there was enough contact for Dzeko to go down in the manner he did. I wouldn't have given it in real time.

Incidentally, the lead up to their offside goal was never a foul from Yaya on Rose. Things were heated and Mariner was losing control at this stage. Rose tipped over very easily.

Mariner was very poor for both sides last night

p.s. underlining your main points and saying ipso facto does not give more credence to your argument. It is like putting a big FACT at the end. :)

Yer get the comment that 'the ref gave us nothing all night'! But we are getting an increasing number of referees who make dreadful decisions for both sides. I often wonder whether they are subconsciously evening up one bad decision with another!

It is usually a slippery slope from the first perceived injustice or incorrect decision. Home fans are good at putting pressure on refs, almost every home teams fans are on at the ref from about the 10th minute in.

When things aren't going well it is always the ref or the pitch or the alignment of the stars or boardroom disputes.

That is why I liked Sherwoods comments after the game "They are better than us".

I only let him have a minute in either half free of abuse. After that he is fair game!

On the red card thing.. there is a pundit who works on RTE here in Ireland, John Giles, he has an interesting point on the penalty and red card scenario, his thoughts are,
1. Give the penalty
2. If the penalty is scored, no further punishment.
3. If the penalty is missed, red card.

Could lead to a lot of penalties being blazed over the bar, dependant on the situation of course.

Ban-jani said:
Theoretical situation.

1. We are playing second leg in the Nou Camp. Vinny scores the exact same goal as Dawson last night, disallowed, there would be uproar
2. Clichy makes a last ditch tackle on Messi, in the exact same manner, penalty given and Clichy off, there would be uproar

We don't need to justify what were favourable decisions given to us by a linesman. As I said the decisions stand. Same as they would if they went against us.

There is no agenda, or bias or conspiracy.

There are unqualified journalists, pundits and referees that are not fit for purpose, which is another argument.

1. Not from me there fucking wouldn't.

Nor me.

On the red card thing.. there is a pundit who works on RTE here in Ireland, John Giles, he has an interesting point on the penalty and red card scenario, his thoughts are,
1. Give the penalty

Could lead to a lot of penalties being blazed over the bar, dependant on the situation of course.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I think it was a penalty but why can't a bit of common sense be applied to sending players off (instead of it always being the last man rule) - Rose was going for the ball and got it but for me there was too much contact with Dzeko to let it go but a sending off seems harsh. I know that's the rule but harsh non the less.

I agree completely that the ref was awful last night:
- Clear penalty when Bentaleb virtually caught the ball (juggled it like an England slip fielder) => not given
- Zabaletta completely up-ended on the edge of the box - NO CALL
- Adebayor lunges his body in front of Demichelis and sticks his foot on his body => Demichelis gets booked
- Aguero clouted in the face by Dawson => NO CALL
- Capoue stamps violently on David Silva's foot => No card of any colour.

About the only correct decision was ruling out the offside goal. The penalty we got was borderline. The defender did catch Dzeko's left leg slightly before the ball - question is whether that impeded or up-ended Dzeko. I wouldn't have been upset if that wasn't given. But assuming the other calls above had been correct, my bet is the score would have ended up little different.

1. Give the penalty

That's gotta be one of the dumbest suggestions I've heard regarding rule changes. And there's been a few pearlers.

xenon_ said:
1. Give the penalty

That's gotta be one of the dumbest suggestions I've heard regarding rule changes. And there's been a few pearlers.

I know it is a non runner but it would be piss funny watching players miss on purpose to get a fella sent off.

Just remove the compulsory part of the rule.

If it's obviously a deliberate foul, like tugging back or a deliberate trip, then red card. If it's a genuine attempt for a winnable ball or an accidental foul/collision, then a penalty and maybe a yellow.

In most cases it's pretty obvious which is which.

1. Give the penalty

Depending on who's given away the pen, doing a Jonesy or a Wellshite might be a better option! Particularly if yer already one or two up! It'd probably lead to a booking for 'deliberately missing a pen' in the same way that 'aggressive walking' copped for one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.