BT Sport or BT Bias?

pee dubya said:
Just remove the compulsory part of the rule.

If it's obviously a deliberate foul, like tugging back or a deliberate trip, then red card. If it's a genuine attempt for a winnable ball or an accidental foul/collision, then a penalty and maybe a yellow.

In most cases it's pretty obvious which is which.

It should be, but the compulsory red card was brought in precisely because defenders would take the chance on the colour of the card in order to stop a goal being scored. And then you'd have people ranting that it ought to have been a red and wasn't. Truth is there's no ideal way of handling this, you're always going to get anomolies.

I still don't believe BT Sport are biased - but they didn't have a great night last night.

Henkeman said:
pee dubya said:
Just remove the compulsory part of the rule.

If it's obviously a deliberate foul, like tugging back or a deliberate trip, then red card. If it's a genuine attempt for a winnable ball or an accidental foul/collision, then a penalty and maybe a yellow.

In most cases it's pretty obvious which is which.

It should be, but the compulsory red card was brought in precisely because defenders would take the chance on the colour of the card in order to stop a goal being scored. And then you'd have people ranting that it ought to have been a red and wasn't. Truth is there's no ideal way of handling this, you're always going to get anomolies.

I still don't believe BT Sport are biased - but they didn't have a great night last night.
I thought that Hargreaves, the wanker and Ginola were brilliant.

Hargreaves wanted to get the fuck in out of the rain. I hadn't a clue what Ginola was talking about (and Hargreaves looked like he wanted to dry hump him), the other long prick was just trying to play devils advocate.

I think the rules are fine as they are. In some cases, it might end up being a little harsh, but you want to encourage open play leading to goals and the penalty for a professional foul has to be severe enough that's it's a major disincentive. I don't view Rose's tackle as "perfectly timed" as I heard a couple of commentators say. It was a last ditched tackle from behind and he definitely caught Dzeko's left thigh before he got the ball. He rolled the dice on a risky tackle and he lost. You loosen the rules then a lot more defenders will take the chance and the game as a spectacle will diminish.

Ban-jani said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
Theoretical situation.

1. We are playing second leg in the Nou Camp. Vinny scores the exact same goal as Dawson last night, disallowed, there would be uproar
2. Clichy makes a last ditch tackle on Messi, in the exact same manner, penalty given and Clichy off, there would be uproar

We don't need to justify what were favourable decisions given to us by a linesman. As I said the decisions stand. Same as they would if they went against us.

There is no agenda, or bias or conspiracy.

There are unqualified journalists, pundits and referees that are not fit for purpose, which is another argument.

1. Not from me there fucking wouldn't.

Agree entirely. It was off side - even if Adebayor did not touch the ball which Sherwood said he did. Penalty more marginal but he still played the man before the ball so whilst you could understand the referee not seeing that touch and and not giving it, the decision was actually excellent.

andyhinch said:
Ban-jani said:
Theoretical situation.

1. We are playing second leg in the Nou Camp. Vinny scores the exact same goal as Dawson last night, disallowed, there would be uproar
2. Clichy makes a last ditch tackle on Messi, in the exact same manner, penalty given and Clichy off, there would be uproar

We don't need to justify what were favourable decisions given to us by a linesman. As I said the decisions stand. Same as they would if they went against us.

There is no agenda, or bias or conspiracy.

There are unqualified journalists, pundits and referees that are not fit for purpose, which is another argument.

Nor me.
Same here. It was offside, and the fact that it's one of our players who scored it doesn't alter that. Disappointment? Certainly? Uproar? Only from those with blinkers on.

jimharri said:
andyhinch said:
Ban-jani said:

Nor me.
Same here. It was offside, and the fact that it's one of our players who scored it doesn't alter that. Disappointment? Certainly? Uproar? Only from those with blinkers on.

Sorry, point 1 from OP indicates he doesn't know the offside law. The penalty given was debateable. But the penalty not given was not debatable. How many times does a guy need to handle on one play for a pen to be awarded?

omcfc said:
Lucky Toma said:
His head definitely brushed the ball but even if he didnt he would still have been interfering with play.

Exactly. Joe didn't know that Ade would not make a firm connection. He would have been preparing himself to make a save from Ade's header. Therefore it has affected play. Therefore offside.

The assistant gave the offside because he said Dawson was off. Ade didn't come into the decision making process for him.

He was wrong. We dodged a bullet. Thank fuck.

Now you're falling for the bollox the big daft numpty presenter was banging on about. Do you really think the ref told a bt reporter why he gave the decision, and in such detail?
'BT sport understands.,,,,,,,' my arse

xenon_ said:
On the red card thing.. there is a pundit who works on RTE here in Ireland, John Giles, he has an interesting point on the penalty and red card scenario, his thoughts are,
1. Give the penalty
2. If the penalty is scored, no further punishment.
3. If the penalty is missed, red card.

Could lead to a lot of penalties being blazed over the bar, dependant on the situation of course.

That's gotta be one of the dumbest suggestions I've heard regarding rule changes. And there's been a few pearlers.

'Pearlers', not heard that for yonks.

But doncha just love it when Owen jumps straight to a conclusion and then the replay shows the opposite! He is so full of himself I'm amazed he can fit in the commentator's chair - the blown up wanker. BT production team must be a cage full of monkeys which explains why the sound went on mute - they probably chewed through the cable....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.