BT Sport or BT Bias?

Last night was shameful with Owen doing his usual and then the lanky **** at the end claiming Spurs had been cheated.

manchester blue said:
Owen is awful. He does dish out praise, it's hard not to when a team plays like that without looking stupid. His thoughts on the controversial incidents are so one sided though. No mention that it wasn't even a free kick for the offside and his thoughts of MDM's booking were a joke. The man is biased and actually a bit thick and so bloody dull.

Have they got rid of Halsey? That was another failed experiment for BT sports...
I could give less biased commentary on a rag game tbh. if I was getting paid that is.

blueinsa said:
Last night was shameful with Owen doing his usual and then the lanky **** at the end claiming Spurs had been cheated.
We were the only ones cheated last night. We were cheated of a good and proper goal riot.
Should have been 6 up by half time.
That first 30 mins was as good as I have ever seen any team play and only to go in at the interval last night felt like an injustice.
Only some smart keeping and Dzeko's finishing kept spuds in it until the red card.

I was tempted to turn the sound off so I wouldn't have to listen to his biased monotone, but then I would not have heard the excellent noise from our travelling boys and girls! Good on you, Blues!

I don't think Owen is particularly anti City, he's just a shite commentator. Every game I've watched him commentate on and he either talks nonsense or states the bloody obvious. There were many occasions last night that he was poor. The "well thats definitely offside, we can't see when the ball was played but its offside" was the pick of the bunch although defending Ade's stamp was shocking also.

I thought the interviewer after the match was poor too. Ask's Sherwood about the offside and to Sherwood's credit he isnt complaining and said he thought it was offside (although for Ade not Dawson) so the guy moves on to the next question and says something along the lines of "well the sending off SURELY that was the wrong decision"

I've never liked Sherwood but he went up in my estimations last night

jimharri said:
I presume all those who are (justifiably, by the sound of it) pissed off with BT's coverage tonight will cancel their subscription and switch their phone/broadband supplier now.
already done it and sky are half the price for a 'slower' connection which isnt slower at all

The sad thing about all this is he is there ONLY (infill what he is as i don't know) on BT<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 am --<br /><br />The sooner there is a button to mute the bullshit and have sound only the better.

MCFCinUSA said:
I was pretty horrified when it was announced Neville had secured a job as a TV pundit, but to be fair he's turned out to be one of the best on the box - and it's also impressive that he can maintain what appears to be a neutral stance, all things considered.

Whoever the hell appointed Michael Owen at BT Sport needs a rocket, as not only is the guy dreadful in his delivery, but he's absolutely shocking in his bias.

This evening we were denied a perfectly good penalty (one assumes because the referee's line of sight was obstructed) but Owen says "it hit his hands but no penalty for me" and Spurs are trying to kick lumps out of us (and getting away with several ugly challenges including two on Silva & MDM) all of which he can see with the benefit of the replay cameras, and Owen starts on about Spurs have been unlucky when eventually Rose gets sent off and we get a penalty awarded to us.

Is it me, or is Michael Owen about the worst ex-footballing 'pundit' on TV?

".. and I'll tell you this.." he makes Steve McManaman sound like a god.

You are spot on mate, the guy is a fuckin disgrace and apart from his outrageous bias against us , his punditry and commentary skills are at best appalling, monotone delivery and zero research, I hated Neville as a player but I have to say he's up with the best out there. Owen can fuck off, whatever he thinks or says is irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.