Bukayo Saka

Agree with all that one thing Saka brings is chaos the unpredictability like Kdb foden and silva Mahres and Grealish are predictable
As much as I agree, players like Grealish were unpredictable before coming to city. Pep coaches it out of them as he wants players to play a certain way and do specific things.
That's not a critism of Pep, who I am to critise success. I'll just say thank you and enjoy it..

But.... There's little point in buying players based on their unpredictable nature because we will again coach it out of them so that they fit our successful system.

As much as I agree, players like Grealish were unpredictable before coming to city. Pep coaches it out of them as he wants players to play a certain way and do specific things.
That's not a critism of Pep, who I am to critise success. I'll just say thank you and enjoy it..

But.... There's little point in buying players based on their unpredictable nature because we will again coach it out of them so that they fit our successful system.

I spent time reading this over and over and, technically, it's true that the 'unpredictable' players have that aspect coached out of them.

But, it's not coached out but more of the demand not to lose the ball, which is not the same thing, even if the result is the same. I think it's the demand to know when and where to be 'unpredictable that matters.

For example, both De Bruyne and Cancelo have the freedom to play, but one losing the ball in an area makes a difference than when the other does.

It's an annoying caveat to the way we play which is what made Sané stint exciting that he could lose the ball further up the pitch with a failsafe option behind him, same as De Bruyne and Cancelo doesn't have the same protection. Grealish falls in the same boat as Cancelo as Cancelo is often quite close to Grealish, having pushed right up with him.

It's quite a conundrum to ask Cancelo to sit deeper to counteract this as it stifles our options in attack under this current setup, but also makes us weaker as other teams target this aspect with good reason.

Is that a bad thing?

The Mark1 version contributed hugely to our titles.

If we got that version,great.

If we got the sulky half arsed regressive version we saw for the last couple of seasons here.....yes it would be.

However....i think Saka has more to his game,and he certainly makes better decisions with the ball.

I championed him as the replacement a good while back,and was quickly attacked by the pack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.