Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:
Interesting CL week for the German clubs. Leverkusen as expected had another great result and are really punching way above their weight, I cannot see them getting past the last 16, but a great job making it that far and the experience will do them well. They actually were the better team for me against Shaktar and were unlucky not to win.

I did not see the Schalke game, but from what I hear it was typical stupidity and naivety from them. They came thinking they could dominate at Stamford Bridge and were easily picked off. Results have gone their way and they too should make the last 16, but barring an inspirational performance from the entire team, that's the furthest they will go.

Dortmund were slightly unlucky to not get a draw, but with the injuries they are being found out. It's been clear for a while that they lack creativity when teams sit back against them. The injuries to Gundogan and Hummels magnified the problem, but it's been clear. They need to add a creative midfielder as soon as possible and has to be a world class one. Reus was poor and Klopp should have taken him off. It's a huge week coming up for Dortmund. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it could shape the future of the club. Beat Bayern and Napoli, and they will likely make the last 16 and be in a position to resign Reus, Gundogan and Hummels. Fail to win these games and Gundogan at least will leave alongside Lewandowski and nobody is going to believe in them. You cannot keep replacing world class players. Mkhitaryan is not the replacement for Goetze.

EH?

They hammered Munich in the super cup and have had their strongest league start ever, they look stronger than ever tbh especially when Gundogan returns.

Would expect them to win there last two CL games and qualify.

Another way of looking at things is that they are currently on level points with Leverkusen, 4 points behind Bayern already and likely to go out of the Champions League. Worse Lewandowski is leaving at the end of the season and Gundogan looks likely to be off too. If that happens why will Reus and Hummels hang around?

If you think Dortmund are better than ever, I think you are alone.
ElanJo said:
Dortmund not as good as they were last year

Hit massively by injuries. Piszcek and Gundogan are two world class players. Lukas arguably the second best right back in the world and Gundogan one of the best midfielders in the world already. Add to that the massive loss and failure to replace Goetze and it's no wonder they are weaker.

That being said they have more squad depth this year than last (but the bad injury crisis has hurt them). Goetze was just an incredible player and talent. Said it before, but he and Neymar will be the new duo fighting it out for the best player in the world. Mkihitaryan is not good enough or even the right sort to replace him.

To have any chance of competing with Bayern they need to spend 50 million odd on a Lewandowski replacement and a new creative AM, whilst keeping a hold of the team. Anything less and they will have an Arsenal situation where they continue to lose their star every year and will take years and hefty investment to improve. Getting out of the CL group is vital for them.

supercrystal7 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:
Interesting CL week for the German clubs. Leverkusen as expected had another great result and are really punching way above their weight, I cannot see them getting past the last 16, but a great job making it that far and the experience will do them well. They actually were the better team for me against Shaktar and were unlucky not to win.

I did not see the Schalke game, but from what I hear it was typical stupidity and naivety from them. They came thinking they could dominate at Stamford Bridge and were easily picked off. Results have gone their way and they too should make the last 16, but barring an inspirational performance from the entire team, that's the furthest they will go.

Dortmund were slightly unlucky to not get a draw, but with the injuries they are being found out. It's been clear for a while that they lack creativity when teams sit back against them. The injuries to Gundogan and Hummels magnified the problem, but it's been clear. They need to add a creative midfielder as soon as possible and has to be a world class one. Reus was poor and Klopp should have taken him off. It's a huge week coming up for Dortmund. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it could shape the future of the club. Beat Bayern and Napoli, and they will likely make the last 16 and be in a position to resign Reus, Gundogan and Hummels. Fail to win these games and Gundogan at least will leave alongside Lewandowski and nobody is going to believe in them. You cannot keep replacing world class players. Mkhitaryan is not the replacement for Goetze.

EH?

They hammered Munich in the super cup and have had their strongest league start ever, they look stronger than ever tbh especially when Gundogan returns.

Another way of looking at things is that they are currently on level points with Leverkusen, 4 points behind Bayern already and likely to go out of the Champions League. Worse Lewandowski is leaving at the end of the season and Gundogan looks likely to be off too. If that happens why will Reus and Hummels hang around?

I certainly dont think they've got any worse than last season, even without their best player they've had their best ever start to a campaign. Hardly signs of a decline.

Once Lewandowski leaves and is followed by one or two others then it will be very difficult to remain competitive with the likes of Bayern but that goes with saying.

greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
[/b]
EH?

I certainly dont think they've got any worse than last season, even without their best player they've had their best ever start to a campaign. Hardly signs of a decline.

Once Lewandowski leaves and is followed by one or two others then it will be very difficult to remain competitive with the likes of Bayern but that goes with saying.
Even fans who only saw their games against Arsenal can see the difference. This may be their best ever start, but that only puts them level with Leverkusen. Do you think that Leverkusen are as good as Dortmund were last year?

Dortmund's 5 best players last season were Reus, Gundogan, Goetze, Lewandowski and Piszczek. Hummels would usually be up there, but he had a poor season for his standards last season.

This year they have been without 3 of their 5 best players for pretty much the whole season and the replacements are not good enough and it shows.

City with the money have far more depth obviously, but it would be like playing the first half of the season without not only Kompany, but Toure and Silva as well.

supercrystal7 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:

Even fans who only saw their games against Arsenal can see the difference. This may be their best ever start, but that only puts them level with Leverkusen. Do you think that Leverkusen are as good as Dortmund were last year?

Dortmund's 5 best players last season were Reus, Gundogan, Goetze, Lewandowski and Piszczek. Hummels would usually be up there, but he had a poor season for his standards last season.

This year they have been without 3 of their 5 best players for pretty much the whole season and the replacements are not good enough and it shows.

City with the money have far more depth obviously, but it would be like playing the first half of the season without not only Kompany, but Toure and Silva as well.
Well they can't do anything about Leverkusen winning can they.

I just struggle to see how they've regressed when results have actually improved from last season even without Gundogan. I also Mkhitaryan will be a brilliant signing once he settles in.

greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Well they can't do anything about Leverkusen winning can they.

I just struggle to see how they've regressed when results have actually improved from last season even without Gundogan. I also Mkhitaryan will be a brilliant signing once he settles in.
Leverkusen having the same results as them despite having harder fixtures puts their results into perspective. I personally think this has more to do with the slow starts that other good teams in the Bundesliga have made. Wolfsburg, Schalke and Hamburg all had disastrous starts. Their performance in an easier CL group than last year are also telling. Last year they topped a group with City, Madrid and Ajax, this year they are third. Ignoring all this we can just see that the team is weaker from looking at them play. Reus has carried them this season.

As for Mkhitaryan he just does not have the vision, creativity or close control of Goetze. He is a decent enough player, but is not only not in the same class as Goetze, but not the right player. Mkhitaryan is a player in the Lampard mold, though from further upfield. What they need is someone to unlock defences.

That's why the week after the internatonal fixtures is so important. Win those two games and they are a point behind Bayern and likely to be into the last 16 of the CL. Lose both and they will be out of the CL in the group stages, 7 points behind Bayern and desperately trying to stop Gundogan and Reus leaving.

Just gets worse for Dortmund, Subotic out for ~6 months with a double cruciate tear.

blink922 said:
Just gets worse for Dortmund, Subotic out for ~6 months with a double cruciate tear.
Awful news, the worse injury in football and they usually take longer than estimated to get back. We are still waiting for Glenn Murray to get back. Any news on how Badstuber is doing?

supercrystal7 said:
blink922 said:
Awful news, the worse injury in football and they usually take longer than estimated to get back. We are still waiting for Glenn Murray to get back. Any news on how Badstuber is doing?
Badstuber is still a long way from coming back. At best he recovers just before the start of the World Cup...

greasedupdeafguy said:

I think they will. Lewa will be replaced and I don't think any of the others will leave, no one has made any noises about leaving and they are mostly under long contracts so they would cost a fortune. Dortmund are currently negitiating removing the get out clause (usable from summer 2015) in Reus contract too, in return for a big pay rise.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:58 am --<br /><br />
blink922 said:

Schweinsteiger will be out until the spring by the looks of it too so it's not just them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.