Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern has a new record revenue - 363.4 million GBP for the last season...

Upps, Manchester United has announced 363.2... ;)

hallstreetblue said:
Ruhr said:
Bembeltown said:
One of the few derbies in Germany that rivals Schalke - Dortmund in terms of hatred. Only other derbies I can think of at the moment that have a similar impact on a town/region are red Munich - blue Munich, Frankfurt - Offenbach, Chemie Leipzig - Lok Leipzig, Düsseldorf - Köln and maybe the Hamburg Derby.

hate derbies in germany

Schalke - Borussia Dortmund
Schalke - RW Essen
Hannover 96 - Eintracht Braunschweig
BFC Dynamo - Union Berlin
Lok Leipzig - Chemie Leipzig
Eintracht Frankfurt - Kickers Offenbach
Borussia Mönchengladbach - 1 FC Köln
1. FC Köln - Fortuna Düsseldorf
Hamburger SV - FC St. Pauli
FC St. Pauli - Hansa Rostock
VFB Stuttgart - Karlsruher SC
Hamburger SV - Werder Bremen

(surely 1. FC Nürnberg - Bayern München and Eintracht Frankfurt - 1. FC Kaiserslautern, but both not a classical derby regarding the distances)

have i forgotten one?

VfL Osnabrück - Preußen Münster

yep, but it is a smaller one. But i´ve forgotten the oldest derby in germany: Greuther Fürth vs. 1.FC Nürnberg

Maldeika said:

If I remember correctly you can´t compare the values as German and English clubs calculate the revenue differently?

At least I seem to remember that we had this discussion before.

Maldeika said:

Even if you calculated revenue using the same numbers not as impressive considering you won the CL and they went out in the second round.

Still the Bundesliga has a real chance for growth, but it depends greatly on how the other teams do in the CL.

Also why don't the Bundesliga increase the number of teams to 20? It will give the clubs two extra games, I am sure the fans won't be upset about it. The players might have to cut their winter break short, but it's way too long anyway. Would also allow some of the teams in the Bundesliga 2 with big fan bases to go up.

Considering how much money they get from the TV deal for example, while also having more sponsorships than us, I wouldn't say its not that impressive. They do have 600~ million fans right? LOL

I'm very happy with the revenues of course, I wouldn't measure it vs other clubs because I don't find it helpful. Another thing to note, United go on way more International tours which should generate sufficient money if I'm not mistaken. We are now in the process of opening an office in the US, while there is also talk that Bayern might participate in a tournament there next year, similar to the one in which Chelsea, Madrid, Milan etc. played.

supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:

Even if you calculated revenue using the same numbers not as impressive considering you won the CL and they went out in the second round.

Still the Bundesliga has a real chance for growth, but it depends greatly on how the other teams do in the CL.

Also why don't the Bundesliga increase the number of teams to 20? It will give the clubs two extra games, I am sure the fans won't be upset about it. The players might have to cut their winter break short, but it's way too long anyway. Would also allow some of the teams in the Bundesliga 2 with big fan bases to go up.

If you consider that Bayern has far less TV income and less matchday revenue...

18 teams just is great. The schedule is too full already with the 18 teams. And the winter break ain't too long. The players are off only the week around Xmas and New Years - and visit training camps the 2 weeks after (usually in warmer countries) - the league already starts again mid to end of January. There is no football at Xmas tradition in Germany - we have winter sports... People in continental Europe e.g. watch the "Vierschanzentournee" (Skijumping) or Biathlon (there is Biathlon at Schalke between Xmas and New Years) and Nordic or Alpine Skiing, too. And it is not very convenient in the stadiums in January even if the pitch is heatened...

The average maximum temperature in Munich in January is 1.4 degree Celsius, in Hamburg 2.9, in London 7.2
The average minimum temparature in Munich in January is -4.9 degree Celsius, in Hamburg -2, in London 2...

The Regionalliga Bayern in which Bayern's second team - their U23 plays - has a break from end of November to 1st of March...

Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:

18 teams just is great. The schedule is too full already with the 18 teams. And the winter break ain't too long. The players are off only the week around Xmas and New Years - and visit training camps the 2 weeks after (usually in warmer countries) - the league already starts again mid to end of January. There is no football at Xmas tradition in Germany - we have winter sports... People in continental Europe e.g. watch the "Vierschanzentournee" (Skijumping) or Biathlon (there is Biathlon at Schalke between Xmas and New Years) and Nordic or Alpine Skiing, too. And it is not very convenient in the stadiums in January even if the pitch is heatened...

The average maximum temperature in Munich in January is 1.4 degree Celsius, in Hamburg 2.9, in London 7.2
The average minimum temparature in Munich in January is -4.9 degree Celsius, in Hamburg -2, in London 2...

The Regionalliga Bayern in which Bayern's second team - their U23 plays - has a break from end of November to 1st of March...
Yeh we are blessed with a very mild climate here in Britain, despite the complaints. I take the point about the weather. In England I cannot remember it ever being too cold to go to the game. Also I appreciate that Germany has a different culture geared towards winter sports. Thanks for the answers and it answers the question.

EDIT
I once heard it said that German football is geared towards the match going fan and English football geared towards the TV fan. It seems to be the case, but I wonder what will happen if say 3 German teams make the quarters and they start getting real pressure from TV.

supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:

Yeh we are blessed with a very mild climate here in Britain, despite the complaints. I take the point about the weather. In England I cannot remember it ever being too cold to go to the game. Also I appreciate that Germany has a different culture geared towards winter sports. Thanks for the answers and it answers the question.

EDIT
I once heard it said that German football is geared towards the match going fan and English football geared towards the TV fan. It seems to be the case, but I wonder what will happen if say 3 German teams make the quarters and they start getting real pressure from TV.

It is not really like this. But you can still see much football for free. A summary of the Saturday matches is shown between 18:30 and 20:00 on Saturday on free TV. A lot still hear the radio broadcasts.

The real big football fans have Sky what broadcasts really all Bundesliga matches and all CL and Cup matches. The Bundesliga matches are in a Bundesliga package - the CL and Cup matches are in the "sports package" that includes formula 1 and other sports, too. The Bundesliga package costs me about 30 EUR each month. I do not have the sports package - it would cost me an additional 12 EUR each months and I am really only interested most in the Bayern matches. And the 3 group matches that are not shown on free TV I can stream somehow (and get a download later to watch them again) - and in the later stages I might buy a single ticket for the CL day (that costs 15 EUR) or stream, too. Depends how import the match is for me. Last year I streamed the Arsenal match but bought the single tickets for Juve and Barcelona.

The formula one is broadcasted in free TV, too.

One of the Wednesday CL matches is broadcasted in free TV. Usually it is Bayern if it is on Wednesday as they have the most fans. The Moskow match might not be as it starts earlier.

You mean - 3 teams make the quarter finals in the CL. Last year it was two teams in the semi final - and the first match between Bayern-Barcelona was not broadcasted in open German TV as well as the second match between Real and Dortmund. You need to have Sky to watch that.

-------------

The winter break does not guarantee that you have nice weather with the matches. You cannot plan weather - it might be colder some years in November or February. With the break you somehow play 4 or five weeks less in that colder period.

Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:

EDIT

It is not really like this. But you can still see much football for free. A summary of the Saturday matches is shown between 18:30 and 20:00 on Saturday on free TV. A lot still hear the radio broadcasts.

The real big football fans have Sky what broadcasts really all Bundesliga matches and all CL and Cup matches. The Bundesliga matches are in a Bundesliga package - the CL and Cup matches are in the "sports package" that includes formula 1 and other sports, too. The Bundesliga package costs me about 30 EUR each month. I do not have the sports package - it would cost me an additional 12 EUR each months and I am really only interested most in the Bayern matches. And the 3 group matches that are not shown on free TV I can stream somehow (and get a download later to watch them again) - and in the later stages I might buy a single ticket for the CL day (that costs 15 EUR) or stream, too. Depends how import the match is for me. Last year I streamed the Arsenal match but bought the single tickets for Juve and Barcelona.

One of the Wednesday CL matches is broadcasted in free TV. Usually it is Bayern if it is on Wednesday as they have the most fans. The Moskow match might not be as it starts earlier.

You mean - 3 teams make the quarter finals in the CL. Last year it was two teams in the semi final - and the first match between Bayern-Barcelona was not broadcasted in open German TV as well as the second match between Real and Dortmund. You need to have Sky to watch that.

-------------

The winter break does not guarantee that you have nice weather with the matches. You cannot plan weather - it might be colder some years in November or February. With the break you somehow play 4 or five weeks less in that colder period.
I know that a winter break is no guarantee of weather and it seems weather patterns are changing a bit, but I guess it is a general guide.

Good seeing how TV works there.

Still makes me laugh you saying you can get a CL ticket for 15 euros. I remember paying 30quid for Palace matches in the championship.

supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:

EDIT

-------------

I know that a winter break is no guarantee of weather and it seems weather patterns are changing a bit, but I guess it is a general guide.

Good seeing how TV works there.

Still makes me laugh you saying you can get a CL ticket for 15 euros. I remember paying 30quid for Palace matches in the championship.

That single CL ticket is just for Sky customners without Sport package. You get all matches from Tuesday and Wednesday - so it is actually a two-day-package.

It is inconvinient to go into the stadium at temperatures less than 10 degrees. You cannot do a longer break than Germany does and it is best to take it in January then. And it has its advantages. Italy and Spain make holidays around Xmas and New Years, too - but just about 2 weeks - they do not have a football at Xmas tradition like in England, too. Maybe it has to do with being more religious in that countries, too - atleast with being catholic...

We do not have different PayTV packages in Germany. It is Sky or free TV - and the free TV parts into public and private TV stations. The public TV stations can only send advertisings in the preevening programme. About 3.5 million households in Germany get Sky. The average household size in Germany is 2.01 - so about 7 million of 80 million Germans watch PayTV - the most probably because of sports.

Five to 6 million Germans watch the Bundesliga Highlight show in public TV every Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.