Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bayern blade said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I certainly dont think they've got any worse than last season, even without their best player they've had their best ever start to a campaign. Hardly signs of a decline.

Once Lewandowski leaves and is followed by one or two others then it will be very difficult to remain competitive with the likes of Bayern but that goes with saying.

I think they will. Lewa will be replaced and I don't think any of the others will leave, no one has made any noises about leaving and they are mostly under long contracts so they would cost a fortune. Dortmund are currently negitiating removing the get out clause (usable from summer 2015) in Reus contract too, in return for a big pay rise.

-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:58 am --

blink922 said:
Just gets worse for Dortmund, Subotic out for ~6 months with a double cruciate tear.

Schweinsteiger will be out until the spring by the looks of it too so it's not just them.

Replacing Lewandowski would cost something like 25-30 million. They could gamble and buy a promising youngster, but in such a key position this would set them back. The point is Dortmund are only negotiating to remove get Gundogan and Reus to resign. Gundogan has been repeatedly linked to Madrid and seems to be delaying his decision. Then they are still lacking an attacking midfielder and they don't have enough money to replace these players.

Schweinsteiger being out for so long is a very big loss for me. I still think he is the best midfielder in the world and has been for the last few years.

Gundogan's father said, if I'm not mistaken, that they are stalling negotiations because they are waiting for him to recover from his injury. Which makes sense, as he will be in a better position to negotiate then.

As for Schweinsteiger, I agree, it's a huge loss no matter how we look at it. He will be missed a lot in the bigger games, hopefully he recovers as soon as possible!

Rotweiss said:
Gundogan's father said, if I'm not mistaken, that they are stalling negotiations because they are waiting for him to recover from his injury. Which makes sense, as he will be in a better position to negotiate then.

As for Schweinsteiger, I agree, it's a huge loss no matter how we look at it. He will be missed a lot in the bigger games, hopefully he recovers as soon as possible!
Yes that's what he said, but it really does not make sense, because Gundogan is already in an incredibly strong position. Nothing about his position is really going to change. He is a key player for Dortmund, young, wanted by all the top clubs, etc. The only thing that changes for me is Dortmund's ability to compete in all fronts. That's why the week after the international break is so key.

There will be big big pressure on Dortmund a week on Saturday. They simply cannot afford to lose, I'd be happy if Bayern take a point but even if we lose we'd still be top and they still have to come to our place.

bayern blade said:
There will be big big pressure on Dortmund a week on Saturday. They simply cannot afford to lose, I'd be happy if Bayern take a point but even if we lose we'd still be top and they still have to come to our place.
Bayern havent won at Iduna Park in like two or three seasons, i think its about damn time

BayernMan said:
bayern blade said:
Bayern havent won at Iduna Park in like two or three seasons, i think its about damn time

I have friends in Dortmund and in Dortmund fan clubs in Höxter and Bad Driburg, you do not want them to hear you calling it that ! It is and always will be Westfalenstadion to the fans.

bayern blade said:
BayernMan said:
bayern blade said:

I have friends in Dortmund and in Dortmund fan clubs in Höxter and Bad Driburg, you do not want them to hear you calling it that ! It is and always will be Westfalenstadion to the fans.
Oh my b i always found the latter easier to spell

Ruhr said:
Bembeltown said:
One of the few derbies in Germany that rivals Schalke - Dortmund in terms of hatred. Only other derbies I can think of at the moment that have a similar impact on a town/region are red Munich - blue Munich, Frankfurt - Offenbach, Chemie Leipzig - Lok Leipzig, Düsseldorf - Köln and maybe the Hamburg Derby.

hate derbies in germany

Schalke - Borussia Dortmund
Schalke - RW Essen
Hannover 96 - Eintracht Braunschweig
BFC Dynamo - Union Berlin
Lok Leipzig - Chemie Leipzig
Eintracht Frankfurt - Kickers Offenbach
Borussia Mönchengladbach - 1 FC Köln
1. FC Köln - Fortuna Düsseldorf
Hamburger SV - FC St. Pauli
FC St. Pauli - Hansa Rostock
VFB Stuttgart - Karlsruher SC
Hamburger SV - Werder Bremen

(surely 1. FC Nürnberg - Bayern München and Eintracht Frankfurt - 1. FC Kaiserslautern, but both not a classical derby regarding the distances)

have i forgotten one?

VfL Osnabrück - Preußen Münster

hallstreetblue said:
Ruhr said:
Bembeltown said:
One of the few derbies in Germany that rivals Schalke - Dortmund in terms of hatred. Only other derbies I can think of at the moment that have a similar impact on a town/region are red Munich - blue Munich, Frankfurt - Offenbach, Chemie Leipzig - Lok Leipzig, Düsseldorf - Köln and maybe the Hamburg Derby.

hate derbies in germany

Schalke - Borussia Dortmund
Schalke - RW Essen
Hannover 96 - Eintracht Braunschweig
BFC Dynamo - Union Berlin
Lok Leipzig - Chemie Leipzig
Eintracht Frankfurt - Kickers Offenbach
Borussia Mönchengladbach - 1 FC Köln
1. FC Köln - Fortuna Düsseldorf
Hamburger SV - FC St. Pauli
FC St. Pauli - Hansa Rostock
VFB Stuttgart - Karlsruher SC
Hamburger SV - Werder Bremen

(surely 1. FC Nürnberg - Bayern München and Eintracht Frankfurt - 1. FC Kaiserslautern, but both not a classical derby regarding the distances)

have i forgotten one?

VfL Osnabrück - Preußen Münster

:) not much of a derby though. Only derbies for me, are local ones. Don't have many City derbies in Germany.

Koln v Aachen in the past?

Went to the Aachen UEFA Cup game a few years ago and it was played in Koln,they didn't like each other.

Aachen on Sport 1 tonight at Uerdingen,need a win.

Watching the game there is a banner in Aachen end saying 'Fuck you Venlo',not sure if it's aimed at the Dutch club for some reason but funny as the camera shot of the crowd stayed on it for ages,my kids thought it was hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.