Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotweiss said:
NoahCity said:
bayern blade said:
We have a few out too tbf, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Badstuber, Pizarro, Contento and Shaqiri, plus Alcantara not quite fit yet. But yes I agree we can cope more easily.
-------------------Neuer------------------
Lahm---Dante--Boateng---Alaba
-----------------Martinez-------------------
Muller-----Kroos--Gotze-----Robben
-----------------Mandzukic-----------------
This how you reckon you will line up BB?

I think we should go with that line-up. I saw pictures of Javi in training today, so there is nothing suggesting that he can't play. I hope this is how Pep lines the team up, as I think Gotze isn't as effective on the wings and Robben can play very well on the left wing as well.
I seem to remember he played on the left in the Pokal game against Dortmund back in February when Ribery was suspended.

NoahCity said:
bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Disappointing that what should be such be the domestic match of the year has been decimated by injuries. Bayern partly due to money and partly due to wisely building a squad can cope with the crisis much better. Hard not to see Bayern win. Dortmund would actually be better off putting their energies into the CL game.

We have a few out too tbf, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Badstuber, Pizarro, Contento and Shaqiri, plus Alcantara not quite fit yet. But yes I agree we can cope more easily.

I could imagine that Pep plays a more save version with Lahm next to Kroos on Saturday. Kroos ain't so defense minded - and Götze not either. And I do not think that it is too good to start with Götze. He is not the mental monster or the one with the best nerves. And the 8 in that system is not the position where you should show off as you want to "show" a reaction. Loosing out on dribblings in the middle of the park against Dortmund is too risky.

Götze's good matches at Bayern were the ones he came in as substitute - the ones the started were bad. I think that it is a big burden for him Saturday - and that is a risk for the team, too. It is enough when he gets minutes in the second half.

Robben for sure can play on the left. It is where he played a lot in his career. He even can do crosses from the left with his left foot. And the two goals in the Supercup came in parts of the match when he played on the left side. And with Müller and Mandzu there is always the possibility to switch positions.

NoahCity said:
bayern blade said:

Yes it looks like that will be the starting line up if we start with Martinez.

Some statistics before Borussia-Bayern from http://www.bvb.de/eng:

Borussia Dortmund against FC Bayern Munich – this classic match-up excites the fans. For the 26th year running, the two clubs will meet in Dortmund in front of a sell-out crowd! 80,645 in attendance, 450 media members as well as prominent figures from all walks of life will rush to Signal Iduna Park on Saturday night (kick-off: 1830 CET).

The Scenario: For this ninth time in the Bundeliga, Borussia Dortmund versus Bayern Munich is a first against second affair, with BVB winning four, Bayern two and two ending level. Borussia haven’t lost any of their last six Bundesliga matches against Bayern, winning four of them.

Home/away: Borussia Dortmund are one of three teams in the Bundesliga who have yet to drop a point at home this season, and they have also only once failed to find the net in their past 47 home games (a 0-0 against Stuttgart on 3 November 2012). Borussia have scored the most goals this season in the Bundesliga, including at home (total of 21 or 3.5 on average). Bayern are on a 24-game unbeaten run on their travels (20 wins, four draws) - their last away defeat was at Borussia on 11 April 2012 (1-0).

Personnel matters: Borussia Dortmund will not have their complete back four from last season available (Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer), and will also be without Gündogan. Bayern will have to do without the services of Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Badstuber, Shaqiri and Pizarro.

Tactics: 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 for Borussia Dortmund – 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 for Bayern Munich. Both coaches have options.

Head-to-head: The two clubs have met on 88 occasions in the Bundesliga with Dortmund winning 22 to Bayern’s 38, with the other 28 ending level. Even though Bayern have the better head to head record, it is still their worst against any team in the Bundesliga. The Bavarians have also only won one of their last seven games in Dortmund, losing three.

Statistics: BVB have their third best ever start to a Bundesliga season after 12 games, the best goal differential (+21) in the league and are the only team that have scored four or more goals on four occasions. Bayern are on a 37-game unbeaten run, a new Bundesliga record, and have a point more than at the same stage last season.

Biggest home win: It came on 3 June 1967 at Rote Erde stadium where Borussia romped to a 4-0 victory with two goals each from Lothar Emmerich and Reinhold Wosab.

Seen the results as expected Leverkusen win again and Schalke embarrass themselves again. Schalke could be so much more with a good manager in charge and some organisation.

Anyway one watching the Bayern vs Dortmund match? Dortmund have had the best of it. Reus with there best chance. Bayern looked a bit dangerous from a couple of Robben crosses. At the same time Dortmund look a bit toothless. Kuba been left one on one quite a few times in dangerous areas with Alaba, but the Bayern man has got the better of him.

For me this is the first proper test for Bayern to judge how good they are compared to last year.

Shame both teams have injuries, but Bayern are missing two first team, but nothing compared to Dortmund missing 5 first team players.

supercrystal7 said:
Seen the results as expected Leverkusen win again and Schalke embarrass themselves again. Schalke could be so much more with a good manager in charge and some organisation.

Anyway one watching the Bayern vs Dortmund match? Dortmund have had the best of it. Reus with there best chance. Bayern looked a bit dangerous from a couple of Robben crosses. At the same time Dortmund look a bit toothless. Kuba been left one on one quite a few times in dangerous areas with Alaba, but the Bayern man has got the better of him.

For me this is the first proper test for Bayern to judge how good they are compared to last year.

Shame both teams have injuries, but Bayern are missing two first team, but nothing compared to Dortmund missing 5 first team players.

I've gotta say considering the completely missing first choice back four, Dortmund haven't looked overly trouble in the first half and should really be 1-0 up. Surely Lewandowski had the best chance early on?

God I hate Bayern Munich so much!

At first I wasn't bothered, but now I really regret us letting Boateng leave so easily. He is having a great game now, and I haven't really seen him have a bad game since moving to Bayern.

EDIT: I say just as he is taken off for Thiago...

Bayern is a great team but what's the point of the Bundesliga?

More one-sided league than La Liga, no wonder the premier league pisses all over it for viewing figures.

cookster said:
Bayern is a great team but what's the point of the Bundesliga?

More one-sided league than La Liga, no wonder the premier league pisses all over it for viewing figures.

2012/13 - Bayern

2011/12 - Dortmund

2010/11 - Dortmund

2009/10 - Bayern

2008/09 - Wolfsburg

2007/08 - Bayern

2006/07 - Stuttgart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.