Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sort of feels like Bayern is pulling away systemically from the rest. Which is a shame. As the above poster pointed out, there had been some champions' rotation at the top of that table even quite recently.

But then again, all the media twunts who regularly tongue the Bundesliga "model" might be a little less vociferous at this going forward.

I do WANT to hate Bayern but still sort of admire/respect their quality. I am on business in Germany a lot (Bavaria in particular) and find the Bayern fans to be rather less obnoxious as a whole than our neighbours or Madrid's bunch.

cookster said:
supercrystal7 said:
cookster said:
Exactly, Bayern have a monster squad and the gap is growing season by season. Dortmund can't retain their best players, sad affair!
Yes true, but this is only something that really happened with the Gotze transfer. I know it's all if's but Dortmund keep Gotze and they would be just as good as Bayern.

Anyway huge, huge game for Dortmund now against Napoli. They must win or else they need to take a step back and reign in the spending. Sell Gundogan and Reus/Hummels if they want to go and reinvest on young talent once more. Forget about challenging for a while and be happy to make top four.

Not selling Lewandowski in the summer is one of the stupidest things I have seen a club do. Worse they rewarded him with a bumper contract for his last year.

And so the cycle starts, Bayern domestic dominance give them a clear advantage also in the Champs League. They'll have the domestic league sewn up by March, meaning they can rest their best 11 for Champs League.

Bayern's squad is so strong it hardly matters. When you have the likes of Gotze, Robben, Shaqiri and Thiago on the bench having the league sewn up does not really matter much.

bayern blade said:
Should we lose on purpose ? Of course not.

We are the best team on the planet at the momoent and I'm enjoying it just as much as anyone else would !

And so you should ;) however the Bundesliga is now currently on a par with formula one.

bayern blade said:

We are the best team on the planet at the momoent and I'm enjoying it just as much as anyone else would !
No it's not your fault, but Dortmund had an awful summer and now will pay for it. Klopp messed up by miscalculating the way teams would play against Dortmund, but the board messed up by believing they could keep replacing world class players. Last season should also have taught them exactly how hard it is to fight on all fronts. Dortmund were lucky to benefit from Bayern fighting for the CL and the league. Which is precisely why despite being much stronger last season than in the years they won the league, they finished with a lower points total. The Bundesliga as a whole has also improved.

If Dortmund don't qualify then for the round of 16 then Leverkusen could well become the second force. Schalke have squad with so much potential, but terrible management and a lack of loyalty will mean they won't get anywhere.

cookster said:
bayern blade said:

And so you should ;) however the Bundesliga is now currently on a par with formula one.

Tbf Dortmund played really well, 2-3 would have been fair. It was a fantastic game and a great advert for the Bundesliga.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bayern buy the best, help bring in ffpr, dominate for a while and then will wonder why they end up back in the mid 2000s being beat as they've killed the bundesliga and it begins to hurt them.

The Bundesliga has stricter rules than the FFP since years.

Look at Dortmund. They went from a club near bankruptcy to a very financial healthy club with a 300 million EUR revenue even if the TV income in Germany is not that high...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bayern buy the best, help bring in ffpr, dominate for a while and then will wonder why they end up back in the mid 2000s being beat as they've killed the bundesliga and it begins to hurt them.

You aim to be the best, what else should one do ? Be honest if City were seven points clear (of your biggest rivals) and beating everyone in sight you wouldn't be complaining.

What are we supposed to do, flog 2 or 3 of our best players or play a few of the youth team to let the rest catch up ? In anycase I disagree that Dortmund are finished, they will establish themselves as a top club for the long term.
At the moment we are top of the pile but everything goes in cycles, it's only 18 months since BVB won the double.

bayern blade said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You aim to be the best, what else should one do ? Be honest if City were seven points clear (of your biggest rivals) and beating everyone in sight you wouldn't be complaining.

What are we supposed to do, flog 2 or 3 of our best players or play a few of the youth team to let the rest catch up ? In anycase I disagree that Dortmund are finished, they will establish themselves as a top club for the long term.
At the moment we are top of the pile but everything goes in cycles, it's only 18 months since BVB won the double.
This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.