Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallstreetblue said:
I like the Bundesliga and it's great value for money. However, we've been hearing a lot of talk lately, about it being the best league in the world. For the time being, you have Dortmund and Bayern that can hold their own with the big boys. I say for the time being, coz I think Dortmund will be forced to sell a lot of there stars next season and will struggle after that. Leverkusen are a few years off being any kind of force in Europe; I mean, to get taken apart by a pretty average yoonited side....well, that's pretty shocking to say the least. This leaves only Bayern, who are for me, the best in Europe. But this says nothing for the Bundesliga. How can it be the best league in the world, with only one super power? It's still light years behind the Premier League, which is still very much the league to be in.

It's had five different winners in the last ten seasons, Bayern have won it "only" three times in the last seven years. Leverkusen were terrible last night but they generally are a decent side, they are the last team in the BL to beat us.
All round the Bundesliga is a competitive, entertaining league. Dortmund imo will continue to improve steadily.

bayern blade said:
hallstreetblue said:
I like the Bundesliga and it's great value for money. However, we've been hearing a lot of talk lately, about it being the best league in the world. For the time being, you have Dortmund and Bayern that can hold their own with the big boys. I say for the time being, coz I think Dortmund will be forced to sell a lot of there stars next season and will struggle after that. Leverkusen are a few years off being any kind of force in Europe; I mean, to get taken apart by a pretty average yoonited side....well, that's pretty shocking to say the least. This leaves only Bayern, who are for me, the best in Europe. But this says nothing for the Bundesliga. How can it be the best league in the world, with only one super power? It's still light years behind the Premier League, which is still very much the league to be in.

It's had five different winners in the last ten seasons, Bayern have won it "only" three times in the last seven years. Leverkusen were terrible last night but they generally are a decent side, they are the last team in the BL to beat us.
All round the Bundesliga is a competitive, entertaining league. Dortmund imo will continue to improve steadily.

And the Premier League has had 4 different winners and 7 of the last 10 CL finals has featured 8 English clubs (yoonited v chelsea 2008)
Europe's top competition has been won 12 times by 5 different English clubs
13 times by 2 different Spanish clubs
10 times by 3 different Italian clubs
and 7 times by 3 different German clubs

Are we in agreement that, the Bundesliga is far from being the best league in the world and that it's light years from being anywhere near the Premier League? (thank fook for google (;)

Erm.....you know what I mean :)

bayern blade said:
hallstreetblue said:

The past is not the present though. Bayern's main reason for struggling was that they were going through a period of transition, bringing through a lot of young players and fighting on a lot of fronts with a small squad.

This is the present and they have a monster squad, fantastic depth and are about to take another of Dortmund's key players. Dortmund have already said they won't spend much in trying to replace him.

If a weak Bayer Leverkusen can enjoy their best ever start as as a weaker Dortmund it shows how much disarray the league is in this season.

That being said in all likelihood Leverkusen, Schalke and Dortmund will all progress with a win, but I am not sure they will. Dortmund have the best chance of progression, but it could be that all three of them crash out.

Dortmund will fall apart. They lose Lewandowski, they will lose Gündogan soon. And they are not able to replace quality time after time. It will be enough to qualify for the Champions League, but Bayern will run the show even more than in the late 80s and turn the Bundesliga into a boring shith...
It is now for 40 years that challengers of Bayern fall apart after some years. It happened to Mönchengladbach, Hamburg, Bremen, Schalke, Leverkusen and Dortmund before.

Ruhr said:
Dortmund will fall apart. They lose Lewandowski, they will lose Gündogan soon. And they are not able to replace quality time after time. It will be enough to qualify for the Champions League, but Bayern will run the show even more than in the late 80s and turn the Bundesliga into a boring shith...
It is now for 40 years that challengers of Bayern fall apart after some years. It happened to Mönchengladbach, Hamburg, Bremen, Schalke, Leverkusen and Dortmund before.
Losing Lewandowski was never a huge blow for me. I am just shocked at how stupid the board were in not selling him. They literally threw away close to 25 million, when they are cash strapped.

Leverkusen just don't have the players to mount a challenge. The best course of action for them would be to cash in on Lars Bender and keep on with their current plan of replacing players. They should save as much money as they can and gradually replace the players they lost.

Schalke for me could actually be in a better position than even Dortmund. They must get a proper manager though and then bring in some experienced winners. An experienced centre back and midfielder would do wonders. They don't have to be great, but proven winners. Guys like Lampard or Evra (Raul was the right type) just to give the young team some belief and confidence. They have incredible assets in the likes of Draxler, Meyer and Goretzka can realistically be sold for a combined total of close to 80 million. Sell those players at the right time and reinvest.

However, the only team with a hope of competing with Bayern would be Dortmund, but Klopp's incredible job has made the board arrogant and complacent. They seem to think that Klopp can constantly replace stars, when no team in the world can. If they win against Marseille then they need to gamble. Spend the money on a proper Gotze replacement and sign a striker wisely. If they don't beat Marseille or don't want to gamble then sell Gundogan in the summer for around 30 million, sell Reus if he won't waver his minimum release fee and perhaps even Hummels as well. Invest in young talent, give up trying to compete with Bayern for the mean time and just become a feeder/development club until you are lucky enough to get another great generation and then invest the money that has been saved.

Ruhr said:

That's true but there is always somebody challenging. In anycase it's hardly our fault.

Tbilisi said:
Bembeltown said:
Thursday is Euro League time again.

We play in Bordeaux this time around and will be down there with 12000+ fans. Biggest away travelling support ever for the Euro League group stages according to the Uefa.

Will be good! :)

Thats fantastic support in anyones book

Bembeltown,I watched some of your game on BT,apart from the goal was a bit of a yawn but the support was unbelieveable.

What got so many to go and also what was all the Orange about?

bayern blade said:
Ruhr said:

That's true but there is always somebody challenging. In anycase it's hardly our fault.
Well in a small part it is. It's one thing going for Gotze, who is one of the greatest talents in world football, but going for Lewandowski was just to weaken Dortmund. The same with buying Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio. The problem with this is that in the long term it comes back to haunt Bayern. The Bundesliga stops being competitive, star players then leave and then the big names don't want to play in the Bundesliga anymore. Bayern lose TV money, lose pulling power and begin to decline. Why join Bayern when you can join PSG and get more money?

supercrystal7 said:
bayern blade said:
Ruhr said:

Well in a small part it is. It's one thing going for Gotze, who is one of the greatest talents in world football, but going for Lewandowski was just to weaken Dortmund. The same with buying Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio. The problem with this is that in the long term it comes back to haunt Bayern. The Bundesliga stops being competitive, star players then leave and then the big names don't want to play in the Bundesliga anymore. Bayern lose TV money, lose pulling power and begin to decline. Why join Bayern when you can join PSG and get more money?

Money is a factor but not the only one, the difference in pedigree between clubs like Bayern and PSG is why top players still join the usual teams like Barca, Man U, RM, and Bayern. Gotze has said that he had many bigger offers but chose to stay move to Bayern. Even Lewa could have easily moved to RM or Chelsea and gotten a much bigger offer yet it seems like Bayern is his destination.

BayernMan said:
supercrystal7 said:
bayern blade said:

Money is a factor but not the only one, the difference in pedigree between clubs like Bayern and PSG is why top players still join the usual teams like Barca, Man U, RM, and Bayern. Gotze has said that he had many bigger offers but chose to stay move to Bayern. Even Lewa could have easily moved to RM or Chelsea and gotten a much bigger offer yet it seems like Bayern is his destination.

Well Chelsea despite not having much pedigree at the start were already taking players such as Mikel and Robben from United. PSG have signed many of the biggest names in the world and once again beat United for Moura.

The things players tend to look for
- a great chance to win the big trophies
-a glamorous club
-a glamorous location
-high wages
-a competitive league

If Bayern slip back slightly from being the best team in the world, then their appeal is going to drop substantially. Teams like PSG will have a more glamorous city, higher wages and an equal chance of winning trophies. Not to mention TV revenue will be lower than the other clubs. Nobody is going to tune in to watch Bayern win every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.