Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bayern blade said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bayern buy the best, help bring in ffpr, dominate for a while and then will wonder why they end up back in the mid 2000s being beat as they've killed the bundesliga and it begins to hurt them.

You aim to be the best, what else should one do ? Be honest if City were seven points clear (of your biggest rivals) and beating everyone in sight you wouldn't be complaining.

What are we supposed to do, flog 2 or 3 of our best players or play a few of the youth team to let the rest catch up ? In anycase I disagree that Dortmund are finished, they will establish themselves as a top club for the long term.
At the moment we are top of the pile but everything goes in cycles, it's only 18 months since BVB won the double.

18 Months ago Dortmund had Gotze, whilst Bayern were suffering from competing on all fronts. The Bundesliga has moved on and Dortmund are going backwards.

The game on Tuesday will decide their fate for the next few years at least. This season has been a sharp learning curve for Klopp. I think he has realised 3 key things.
1. You cannot compete on all fronts without a good squad. He is probably now more aware of why Bayern struggled so much.
2. You cannot keep replacing world class players, the odds are not in your favour. This year they had a very poor transfer window. Only Socrates was a value signing.
3. No point having just runners you need people with vision and creativity to play them in.

To fix these things require money. Money they don't have, because they foolishly decided to not cash in on Lewandowski and now are about to crash out of the CL group stages. If they go out of the CL, I think no chance Gundogan stays and Reus has to do far too much. Reus might even go in the summer.

supercrystal7 said:
18 Months ago Dortmund had Gotze, whilst Bayern were suffering from competing on all fronts. The Bundesliga has moved on and Dortmund are going backwards.

The game on Tuesday will decide their fate for the next few years at least. This season has been a sharp learning curve for Klopp. I think he has realised 3 key things.
1. You cannot compete on all fronts without a good squad. He is probably now more aware of why Bayern struggled so much.
2. You cannot keep replacing world class players, the odds are not in your favour. This year they had a very poor transfer window. Only Socrates was a value signing.
3. No point having just runners you need people with vision and creativity to play them in.

To fix these things require money. Money they don't have, because they foolishly decided to not cash in on Lewandowski and now are about to crash out of the CL group stages. If they go out of the CL, I think no chance Gundogan stays and Reus has to do far too much. Reus might even go in the summer.

A - I can't agree they are going backwards. They have a tough CL group and are playing well in the BL.

B - I don't see it like that, they will qualify for the CL again no problem. As long as they do that the money keeps rolling in. A good squad takes a lot of building up, of course BVB are lagging behind us there, Bayern have been at that level far longer.

C - Once again I disagree. I think their signings were decent but sometimes it takes months to bed players in. I've seen a few at Bayern who have been crap in their first season before showing their true potential.

D - Why ? They will certainly qualify for next years competition and neither player has shown any sign of wanting to leave. Reus will definately stay imo.

E - I agree about Lewandowski, they should have taken the 25 million.

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:

A - I can't agree they are going backwards. They have a tough CL group and are playing well in the BL.

B - I don't see it like that, they will qualify for the CL again no problem. As long as they do that the money keeps rolling in. A good squad takes a lot of building up, of course BVB are lagging behind us there, Bayern have been at that level far longer.

C - Once again I disagree. I think their signings were decent but sometimes it takes months to bed players in. I've seen a few at Bayern who have been crap in their first season before showing their true potential.

D - Why ? They will certainly qualify for next years competition and neither player has shown any sign of wanting to leave. Reus will definately stay imo.

E - I agree about Lewandowski, they should have taken the 25 million.
A) No they have not been playing that well in the Bundesliga or the CL and for a while the results have covered the poor performances. They do have a tough group. However, even from the naked eye they are much weaker. Casual friends who rarely watched Dortmund have mentioned how in the games they have seen ie Bayer/Arsenal games Dortmund are a lot weaker.

B) They will qualify for the CL, but with the lack of TV money and match day funds, Dortmund need to progress deep into the CL to compete with the other top teams.

C) I disagree here again. Socrates was a fantastic signing and Aubamayang was decent and Mkhitaryan was bad. It's not just a matter of time. Mkhitaryan does not have the required skills to play 10. I have noticed even the match day Dortmund fans get on his back quickly after mistakes.

D) Gundogan has shown plenty of signs he wants to leave. He has not signed his new contact and been seen several times in Spain where he is clearly meeting representatives of the big Spanish clubs. Whether he has made up his mind or not is the only thing in question. Reus will leave too if he is forced to carry Dortmund like he has this season. Dortmund at this moment have several world class players and competing for the top 4 is not enough for them when they can move and win trophies. It's a similar situation to Arsenal. Vieira, Henry, Hleb, Fabregas, Song, Nasri and RVP. Even with all the TV Money and most expensive tickets in the league went 8 years without a trophy.

Thursday is Euro League time again.

We play in Bordeaux this time around and will be down there with 12000+ fans. Biggest away travelling support ever for the Euro League group stages according to the Uefa.

Will be good! :)

Huge and possibly season defining victory for Dortmund. The team did not really play great except for Mkhitaryan and Reus. Lewandowski was poor and missed quite a few good chances. Once again they were too wasteful. Kehl was off the pace as expected really. Still they got the result which was the most important thing. Helped massively by a soft penalty decision, which meant the match was played on their terms. Oddly enough Dortmund did not really press today, but sat back. Once again they showed how dangerous they are on the counter. The board have just announced that they will not be making any big signings this season or the next. I wonder how that will effect the players.

Did not see Schalke, but Basel have a big advantage over them. Lots of pressure on Schalke now needing to win this match. I don't think the youngsters will cope with the pressure and their defence is so poorly organised always likely to concede.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Does United's result tonight show depth of quality between the bundesliga and prem (excluding Bayern and Dortmund)?
To a certain extent. Bayer Leverkusen don't have the third strongest team in the Bundesliga. Schalke have much better players on paper and argument could be made that Wolfsburg are not too far on paper. Leverkusen have good organisation, but apart from Lars Bender and Kiessling no other special players.

This new German generation of players despite being technically brilliant are pretty weak mentally. As can be seen by the German team which really does not have inferior players to Bayern Munich except at left back. Bayer Leverkusen are better than they showed, but a lack of belief and courage made the result much worse today.

This campaign is going to do serious harm to the Bundesliga, because Schalke, Leverkusen and even Dortmund might still go out. Hard for players like Draxler and Lars Bender to remain at clubs lacking ambition.

Ultimately Bayern will extend the gap even further until it is a one team league and then due to lack of competition at home fall back.

EDIT
Schalke losing 6-0 on aggregate to Chelsea. Bayer Leverkusen losing 9-2 on aggregate to United and still being 3 points clear of Dortmund should put into perspective how well Dortmund were doing.

I like the Bundesliga and it's great value for money. However, we've been hearing a lot of talk lately, about it being the best league in the world. For the time being, you have Dortmund and Bayern that can hold their own with the big boys. I say for the time being, coz I think Dortmund will be forced to sell a lot of there stars next season and will struggle after that. Leverkusen are a few years off being any kind of force in Europe; I mean, to get taken apart by a pretty average yoonited side....well, that's pretty shocking to say the least. This leaves only Bayern, who are for me, the best in Europe. But this says nothing for the Bundesliga. How can it be the best league in the world, with only one super power? It's still light years behind the Premier League, which is still very much the league to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.