Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their team was based on Champions League money. After a decade of football in Europe. Now with two years not qualifiying and some bad transfers (they weren´t able to replace Diego or Özil) they run out of money. That is the problem of all german clubs except Bayern. Champions league money really makes the difference between a top club and the average rest. They won´t recover soon, same as their rivals Hamburger SV.

cbeck said:
Could any Bundesliga aficionados speculate as to why Werder Bremen are doing so poorly? I've always had a soft spot for them after visiting Bremen in the early '90s. An acquaintance took me to a couple of matches, my wife and I found the people very hospitable and a beautiful city to boot. Admittedly I've not followed them as close as I would've liked in the past couple of years but this season and the tail end of the previous their poor run of form has caught my attention.

My fondness for Werder is also helped in that Wynton Rufer, one of New Zealand's most eminent footballers of the time played for Werder.

Poor management is like a plague in the Bundesliga, clubs like Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, BvB, S04, Bremen, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and dont get me started with Neverkusen have all had the chance to overtake Bayern but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Especially Hertha Berlin who are the capital club yet have spent most of their time in the second division up until recently. The way BvB have dealt with Gotze and Lewa was ridiulous in my opinion. You dont have a talented player like Gotze go for €37m and Lewa should never be allowed to walk if your trying to build your club. Especially Stuttgart and Bremen who let world class players like Ozil and Khedira go for chump change. Leverkusen seemed to have learnt their lesson and Voller doesnt sell to anyone who is called "Bayern Munich" but if the rumors r true losing a player like Sam for €2.5m is horrible by management standards. Look at the way clubs like Porto and Benfica have pretty much declared "if you want our players your gonna give us an arm and a leg" that is what BuLi clubs need to do if they want to succeed. Porto and Benfica's management realize they will probably not challenge for the top accolades in Europe, wont be able to keep their star players but once they see they have something special they slap a €50m+ release clause on him and they laugh to the bank and sign another promising youngster to replace what they just lost. Im not saying they will win the UCL like Bayern but they will be hell of a lot more competitive.

BayernMan said:
cbeck said:
Could any Bundesliga aficionados speculate as to why Werder Bremen are doing so poorly? I've always had a soft spot for them after visiting Bremen in the early '90s. An acquaintance took me to a couple of matches, my wife and I found the people very hospitable and a beautiful city to boot. Admittedly I've not followed them as close as I would've liked in the past couple of years but this season and the tail end of the previous their poor run of form has caught my attention.

My fondness for Werder is also helped in that Wynton Rufer, one of New Zealand's most eminent footballers of the time played for Werder.

Poor management is like a plague in the Bundesliga, clubs like Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, BvB, S04, Bremen, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and dont get me started with Neverkusen have all had the chance to overtake Bayern but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Especially Hertha Berlin who are the capital club yet have spent most of their time in the second division up until recently. The way BvB have dealt with Gotze and Lewa was ridiulous in my opinion. You dont have a talented player like Gotze go for €37m and Lewa should never be allowed to walk if your trying to build your club. Especially Stuttgart and Bremen who let world class players like Ozil and Khedira go for chump change. Leverkusen seemed to have learnt their lesson and Voller doesnt sell to anyone who is called "Bayern Munich" but if the rumors r true losing a player like Sam for €2.5m is horrible by management standards. Look at the way clubs like Porto and Benfica have pretty much declared "if you want our players your gonna give us an arm and a leg" that is what BuLi clubs need to do if they want to succeed. Im not saying they will win the UCL like Bayern but they will be hell of a lot more competitive.

That is a very silly price if true. Who has been linked with the player?

Ray78 said:
BayernMan said:
cbeck said:

Poor management is like a plague in the Bundesliga, clubs like Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, BvB, S04, Bremen, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and dont get me started with Neverkusen have all had the chance to overtake Bayern but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Especially Hertha Berlin who are the capital club yet have spent most of their time in the second division up until recently. The way BvB have dealt with Gotze and Lewa was ridiulous in my opinion. You dont have a talented player like Gotze go for €37m and Lewa should never be allowed to walk if your trying to build your club. Especially Stuttgart and Bremen who let world class players like Ozil and Khedira go for chump change. Leverkusen seemed to have learnt their lesson and Voller doesnt sell to anyone who is called "Bayern Munich" but if the rumors r true losing a player like Sam for €2.5m is horrible by management standards. Look at the way clubs like Porto and Benfica have pretty much declared "if you want our players your gonna give us an arm and a leg" that is what BuLi clubs need to do if they want to succeed. Im not saying they will win the UCL like Bayern but they will be hell of a lot more competitive.

That is a very silly price if true. Who has been linked with the player?

Schalke have apparently signed him and it seems to be true since Leverkusen just got 17 year old Julian Brandt who is highly rated from Wolfsburg. Its funny cause S04 got Santana from BvB for €1m last summer too. I don't know when BuLi teams will ever learn....

Ruhr said:
Santana is really not much more worth than 1 million

He is a solid CB in my opinion, will never be world class but every team needs those average players for depth purposes

Crazy business sense Leverkusen. What is the latest on Julian Draxler? Is it kite flying from the British Media or is he genuinely unsettled at Schalke?

i think he will leave in summer. Since he has that 45 million euro price tag, he is playing pretty average.

He was replaced as no 10 first by KP Boateng and now by the younger talent Max Meyer. So he plays left winger, which he doesn´t like very much

Ruhr said:
i think he will leave in summer. Since he has that 45 million euro price tag, he is playing pretty average.

He was replaced as no 10 first by KP Boateng and now by the younger talent Max Meyer. So he plays left winger, which he doesn´t like very much

I wouldn't mind him at City but we are stocked up in Attacking Midfielders.

Re: What's wrong with Werder?

cbeck said:
My fondness for Werder is also helped in that Wynton Rufer, one of New Zealand's most eminent footballers of the time played for Werder....
It's extraordinarily harrowing the names that some poor antipodeans are afflicted with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.