Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruhr said:
i think he will leave in summer. Since he has that 45 million euro price tag, he is playing pretty average.

He was replaced as no 10 first by KP Boateng and now by the younger talent Max Meyer. So he plays left winger, which he doesn´t like very much

He has made it no secret he prefers to play centrally but i feel likehis release clause scares a lot of clubs away in my opinion. Dont get me wrong Draxler is very talented at Schalke and just imahine if he had world class talent around him at a big club but €45m is a big price even for the most talented players let alone a 20 year old kid

well first you say Bundesliga clubs are giving away players for peanuts, now he is too expensive. (There had been reportedly two offers in summer)

Ruhr said:
well first you say Bundesliga clubs are giving away players for peanuts, now he is too expensive. (There had been reportedly two offers in summer)

Most clubs seem to do that but S04 are doing right by Draxler

Ray78 said:
Ruhr said:
i think he will leave in summer. Since he has that 45 million euro price tag, he is playing pretty average.

He was replaced as no 10 first by KP Boateng and now by the younger talent Max Meyer. So he plays left winger, which he doesn´t like very much

I wouldn't mind him at City but we are stocked up in Attacking Midfielders.

We aren't.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:18 am --<br /><br />
BayernMan said:
cbeck said:
Could any Bundesliga aficionados speculate as to why Werder Bremen are doing so poorly? I've always had a soft spot for them after visiting Bremen in the early '90s. An acquaintance took me to a couple of matches, my wife and I found the people very hospitable and a beautiful city to boot. Admittedly I've not followed them as close as I would've liked in the past couple of years but this season and the tail end of the previous their poor run of form has caught my attention.

My fondness for Werder is also helped in that Wynton Rufer, one of New Zealand's most eminent footballers of the time played for Werder.

Poor management is like a plague in the Bundesliga, clubs like Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, BvB, S04, Bremen, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and dont get me started with Neverkusen have all had the chance to overtake Bayern but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Especially Hertha Berlin who are the capital club yet have spent most of their time in the second division up until recently. The way BvB have dealt with Gotze and Lewa was ridiulous in my opinion. You dont have a talented player like Gotze go for €37m and Lewa should never be allowed to walk if your trying to build your club. Especially Stuttgart and Bremen who let world class players like Ozil and Khedira go for chump change. Leverkusen seemed to have learnt their lesson and Voller doesnt sell to anyone who is called "Bayern Munich" but if the rumors r true losing a player like Sam for €2.5m is horrible by management standards. Look at the way clubs like Porto and Benfica have pretty much declared "if you want our players your gonna give us an arm and a leg" that is what BuLi clubs need to do if they want to succeed. Porto and Benfica's management realize they will probably not challenge for the top accolades in Europe, wont be able to keep their star players but once they see they have something special they slap a €50m+ release clause on him and they laugh to the bank and sign another promising youngster to replace what they just lost. Im not saying they will win the UCL like Bayern but they will be hell of a lot more competitive.

The most ridiculous comment ever on bluemoon, that takes some doing.

ManCitizens. said:
Ray78 said:
Ruhr said:

I wouldn't mind him at City but we are stocked up in Attacking Midfielders.

We aren't.

-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:18 am --

BayernMan said:
cbeck said:
Could any Bundesliga aficionados speculate as to why Werder Bremen are doing so poorly? I've always had a soft spot for them after visiting Bremen in the early '90s. An acquaintance took me to a couple of matches, my wife and I found the people very hospitable and a beautiful city to boot. Admittedly I've not followed them as close as I would've liked in the past couple of years but this season and the tail end of the previous their poor run of form has caught my attention.

My fondness for Werder is also helped in that Wynton Rufer, one of New Zealand's most eminent footballers of the time played for Werder.

Poor management is like a plague in the Bundesliga, clubs like Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, BvB, S04, Bremen, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and dont get me started with Neverkusen have all had the chance to overtake Bayern but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Especially Hertha Berlin who are the capital club yet have spent most of their time in the second division up until recently. The way BvB have dealt with Gotze and Lewa was ridiulous in my opinion. You dont have a talented player like Gotze go for €37m and Lewa should never be allowed to walk if your trying to build your club. Especially Stuttgart and Bremen who let world class players like Ozil and Khedira go for chump change. Leverkusen seemed to have learnt their lesson and Voller doesnt sell to anyone who is called "Bayern Munich" but if the rumors r true losing a player like Sam for €2.5m is horrible by management standards. Look at the way clubs like Porto and Benfica have pretty much declared "if you want our players your gonna give us an arm and a leg" that is what BuLi clubs need to do if they want to succeed. Porto and Benfica's management realize they will probably not challenge for the top accolades in Europe, wont be able to keep their star players but once they see they have something special they slap a €50m+ release clause on him and they laugh to the bank and sign another promising youngster to replace what they just lost. Im not saying they will win the UCL like Bayern but they will be hell of a lot more competitive.

The most ridiculous comment ever on bluemoon, that takes some doing.

All these clubs at one point were top dogs in German football for a period of time, especially Hamburg and Monchengladbach who were dominant in the beginning which can be seen from some succesful trips i. the European cup but all crumbled due to mismanagment then Bayern took a foothold in the mid to late 70s. In the early 2000s Leverkusen, BvB, Schalke, Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg each had their shot and won the BuLi but poor management sent BvB spiraling down after their UCL win vs Juve and Leverkusen cudnt finish RM in their UCL final either. Each of those clubs especially BvB, and Leverkusen had chances to build on it but were never able to....

hallstreetblue said:
Ruhr said:
Lothar Matthäus? The man who never got a job in germany?

Yeah, fookin shite Coach! Crackin Player mind.

He was indeed a fantastic footballer, we signed him from Gladbach in 1984 just after I'd moved to Germany so I followed all his career in both periods at Bayern.
Brilliant player but no good as a trainer and a bit of a dickhead as a person tbh.

-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:33 am --

cbeck said:

They should have got rid of Shaaf far sooner than they did but he'd been there so long it was like Ferguson or Wenger in England, unthinkable to give him the boot.

-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 am --

Ray78 said:
Crazy business sense Leverkusen. What is the latest on Julian Draxler? Is it kite flying from the British Media or is he genuinely unsettled at Schalke?

Tbh Draxler is just not worth the money being offered, he is not the finished item yet and the jury is still out. He is an exciting prospect, no more. If I were Schalke I'd bite anyone's hand off for €45 million.

Ruhr said:
there is a german tv station that has no tv rights for CL. So they sit in football pub in the city of Essen, former Bayern player Thomas Helmer and some pundits, watch the match on tv and tell the viewers what is going on (saw this kind of show in the 90s on italian tv and thought, wtf is that?).

They all were unable to explain, what Boateng did in that scene, so a former HSV player (Stefan Schnoor) tried to imitate it on the pub floor. Big laugh

Hahaha.

We could do with something like that over here. The people's game !!

Ray78 said:
Crazy business sense Leverkusen. What is the latest on Julian Draxler? Is it kite flying from the British Media or is he genuinely unsettled at Schalke?

Sam is getting 26 in January. Not in talent age. Until the first matches this season he was just a mediocre player. He had a run at the begin of the season - maybe even because of changed tactics of the team. I cannot see the big managerial blow up there. Prior to this season the sum would be a little low - but a release clause usually includes that you earn less. How will he perform if his run is over, the team changes tactics or is not in a good period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.