Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotweiss said:
supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:
Badstuber is still out yes. I can't remember at the moment when he'll be able to start training, but we won't see him in the second half of the season. If all goes well he should be with the team after the WC, hopefully all the injuries are behind him now!

As for the Gundogan rumours, I read something yesterday, however it was Spanish "April Fools" yesterday so don't believe anything you read from there. Gundogan's father said today that this was all bollocks and Dortmund would be the first team they will talk to.
Shame he is still out, but as long as he comes back fully fit.

There is too much smoke regarding Gundogan and he still has not signed his contract. Dortmund have not learnt about letting players wind down their contracts. I would be very, very surprised if Gundogan extends. The question is whether Madrid have decided on him more than does he want to leave. Seems to me like the article was to gauge public reaction to the signing of Gundogan.

Bad management in a German club, shocker! I'm slowly starting to believe he is also Madrid bound, which is a shame. That club is such a circus and they'll throw him away the moment they find their next big thing or some Spanish kid.

A lot can happen though, he may decide to stay and surprise us all, however most Dortmund fans I've talked to are under the opinion that he is most certainly leaving.
Very true about Madrid, but that is why they are always a good club to buy from. They throw away talent, because they are no longer in fashion.

Over here in England we love our homegrown players and they are out stars. To a fault actually, we build them up and praise them to no end. Not so in Germany. In fact I think a lot of German players are respected far more outside Germany, which is virtually unheard of for footballers. Werner and Meyer two of the best talents in Europe are unknown.

I mean compare Meyer with Barkley. Meyer is 2 years younger, in my opinion the bigger talent and they have played equally well. Barkley would cost at least 30 million already and has been praised as the next big thing. Meyer is still relatively unheard of. Or look at Reus. You would think the Dortmund fans would consider him unsellable, but you hear fans saying swapping him for 15 million plus Kagawa is a good deal. You would think if they needed money to rebuild they would consider other players over their homegrown ones and more so when Reus is arguably the best player in the squad.

supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:
supercrystal7 said:

There is too much smoke regarding Gundogan and he still has not signed his contract. Dortmund have not learnt about letting players wind down their contracts. I would be very, very surprised if Gundogan extends. The question is whether Madrid have decided on him more than does he want to leave. Seems to me like the article was to gauge public reaction to the signing of Gundogan.

Bad management in a German club, shocker! I'm slowly starting to believe he is also Madrid bound, which is a shame. That club is such a circus and they'll throw him away the moment they find their next big thing or some Spanish kid.

A lot can happen though, he may decide to stay and surprise us all, however most Dortmund fans I've talked to are under the opinion that he is most certainly leaving.
Very true about Madrid, but that is why they are always a good club to buy from. They throw away talent, because they are no longer in fashion.

Over here in England we love our homegrown players and they are out stars. To a fault actually, we build them up and praise them to no end. Not so in Germany. In fact I think a lot of German players are respected far more outside Germany, which is virtually unheard of for footballers. Werner and Meyer two of the best talents in Europe are unknown.

I mean compare Meyer with Barkley. Meyer is 2 years younger, in my opinion the bigger talent and they have played equally well. Barkley would cost at least 30 million already and has been praised as the next big thing. Meyer is still relatively unheard of. Or look at Reus. You would think the Dortmund fans would consider him unsellable, but you hear fans saying swapping him for 15 million plus Kagawa is a good deal. You would think if they needed money to rebuild they would consider other players over their homegrown ones and more so when Reus is arguably the best player in the squad.

Your Meyer to Barkley comparison was spot on!

supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:
supercrystal7 said:

I've no idea how British talents cost so much. It's definitely not helping them in my opinion, and some of the clubs. The British media manage to hype everyone who seems to have had a decent few games. I'm not saying Barkley is not worth the hype, he looks like a very bright talent but is he worth the money being talked about?

Another example is that kid Zaha. One good season in the Championship and United bought him for close to £20m if I'm not mistaken. Haven't heard of him since! It beggars belief how expensive English players would go for. Andy Carroll for £35m is still a deal I can't believe happened!

As for Madrid, they are a very good selling club! Love them for that. You just know that you can always manage to get a great footballer from them on the cheap!

Rotweiss said:
supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:

I've no idea how British talents cost so much. It's definitely not helping them in my opinion, and some of the clubs. The British media manage to hype everyone who seems to have had a decent few games. I'm not saying Barkley is not worth the hype, he looks like a very bright talent but is he worth the money being talked about?

Another example is that kid Zaha. One good season in the Championship and United bought him for close to £20m if I'm not mistaken. Haven't heard of him since! It beggars belief how expensive English players would go for. Andy Carroll for £35m is still a deal I can't believe happened!

As for Madrid, they are a very good selling club! Love them for that. You just know that you can always manage to get a great footballer from them on the cheap!
British talent is the most expensive, but I don't think we are as crazy as you think in Germany. Rather I think it's a case of Germany not being up to date with the current market. With the new money from PSG, Monaco and the Russia clubs; prices have exploded.

A few years back 25 million was the going rate for a world class player. Now it's probably 30 million. The Andy Carroll was just an aberration. Still I think the English valuation of a player is closer to the mean than the German.

Hazard, Pastorre, Witsel, Hulk, Cavani, Huguain, Isco etc have all gone for similar prices to the English valuation.

It's players like Mario Gomez, Sahin, Holtby etc who have gone for cheaper. I think German clubs need to not necessarily join the madness in spending such huge fees, but at least realise the madness is the norm when selling abroad.

The inflated market for English players is not bad for the top level of English talent. Players, who are good enough for top 6-8 clubs will be bought no matter what. Teams will happily pay 30 million for Barkley in the future. It's the players who are only good enough for the smaller Premiership clubs that suffer. There is no value buying British when you can get cheaper players elsewhere. This of course hurts our game, because players like Llana would usually not break through.

As for Zaha, he is a great talent. Have always said he has the potential to play for a championship winning side. I could see him being as good as Joe Cole o Damian Duff. The thing is he is very raw and needs games. Ferguson saw him against United, spoke to Dougie about him and rated him, but Ferguson is gone. Moyes is a more pragmatic, defensive manager and is not as likely to trust Zaha.

Mario Gomez only went so cheap because he was not really needed at Bayern. Somebody that earns big but does not go with the system. He wanted to go to Florence - and did not want to go to the highest bidders - so Bayern went with it. They would not have gotten much more money out of Florence.

Holtby was out of contract half a year later. As it is maybe not the best to have a player in your squad that already is somehow on the leave they cashed in. It was not the usual transfer.

Maldeika said:
Mario Gomez only went so cheap because he was not really needed at Bayern. Somebody that earns big but does not go with the system. He wanted to go to Florence - and did not want to go to the highest bidders - so Bayern went with it. They would not have gotten much more money out of Florence.

Holtby was out of contract half a year later. As it is maybe not the best to have a player in your squad that already is somehow on the leave they cashed in. It was not the usual transfer.
Explanations can be used when something happens only a few times. When it happens consistently then it is consistent bad management. Khedira, Ozil, Sahin, Lewandowski, VDV, Kompany, Holtby, Gomez and Vidal are just a few players in the long list.

Wolfsburg seem to be the only club capable of getting value for their players. They actually sold Dzeko and Diego for market value.

Just compare the fees that the Portuguese clubs sell their top talent for.

Look at the difference between Holtby and Erikson. Both Ajax and Schalke were in a similar situation and selling to Tottenham. Ajax got around 12 million, where as Schalke kept him for an extra few months and then sold him for 1.5 million.

Sahin one of the most promising young midfielders in the world leaves for under 10 million. Vidal leaves Leverkusen for 8 million. Compare that with Porto selling Anderson over 6 years ago for 18 million.

Even Brazilian clubs have understood the change in the market and are getting value for their players. Oscar, Neymar, Paulinho and Bernard have all gone for market value.

Every club makes a mistake and occasionally sells a player for too little or allows a player to run down his contract. The clubs need to understand that it's not the rest of the world who have gone crazy with transfer fees. It is the German clubs, who have refused to grasp the change.

Every club could learn a thing or two from Porto. I admire the way they do their business. Buying players on the cheap and almost consistently selling them for quite a lot.

Maybe if the clubs stood their ground and stopped putting release clauses in some players' contracts, or if there is one make it high, then we'd see some of them go for more. Sydney Sam going for 1.5m is just beyond ridiculous for example. That is the best example one could get of proper bad management.

Rotweiss said:
Every club could learn a thing or two from Porto. I admire the way they do their business. Buying players on the cheap and almost consistently selling them for quite a lot.

Maybe if the clubs stood their ground and stopped putting release clauses in some players' contracts, or if there is one make it high, then we'd see some of them go for more. Sydney Sam going for 1.5m is just beyond ridiculous for example. That is the best example one could get of proper bad management.

The Sidney Sam case has to be seen different, too. Yes, he now had a couple of good matches - but before... He is 26 in a month, no talent anymore - and his market value at transfermarkt until November was somewhere around 5 millions - and that was not too low.

Maldeika said:
Rotweiss said:

The Sidney Sam case has to be seen different, too. Yes, he now had a couple of good matches - but before... He is 26 in a month, no talent anymore - and his market value at transfermarkt until November was somewhere around 5 millions - and that was not too low.
If 5 million was his value then why did he go for 1.5? Besides the point, because a 26 year old player starting for a CL team should go for around 8 million at least. Not to mention if they never thought he would do well for them, why sign him?

supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:
Rotweiss said:

If 5 million was his value then why did he go for 1.5? Besides the point, because a 26 year old player starting for a CL team should go for around 8 million at least. Not to mention if they never thought he would do well for them, why sign him?

The clause was made when he came in 2010 out of Bundesliga 2 - the transfer sum then was 2 millon. The clause always costs the player wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.