Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart said:
Their support is incredible, standing room only.

Dortmund have the biggest standing kop in Europe with 21k, however the rest of their stadium is seated as well.

In terms of atmosphere...I am getting really sick of reading this statement of their incredible support literally everywhere. Best support in Europe, best in the world and what not..

Their standing area is impressive no question about that, but they are far from the best support in Europe or even in the Bundesliga.

And I am pretty sure that every honest, match going fan in the Bundesliga can confirm that.

They are pretty pretty good on away trips as they travel in huge numbers and are pretty vocal.

However all the superlatives, that people come up with despite never actually been to a match in their homeground, get really annoying. Seems like Dortmund are indeed the new lovechild of the press and of fans everywhere.

If I told you that Liverpool has the best atmosphere in the PL (because thats what German/ TV commentators still come up with everytime Liverpool gets mentioned) you would piss yourself laughing as well, right?

Or that the Rags got the best support simply based on the size of the swamp...

Media has the tendency to keep those stories alive forever, so take all the stuff you read/see on the Internet or on TV with a grain of salt.

I am pretty sure that the atmosphere and support of Dortmund (or 90% of the German teams) is better than everything you can see/hear in the PL, but unfortunately thats not because Dortmund are worldclass, its because PL atmosphere got killed with the introduction of all seaters.

Just my 2 cents and no offence to you in particular Lionheart.

A question to our German posters. I only watch selected Bundesliga matches (usually 1 or 2 per week) but the referees always seem good to me. How are the referees perceived in Germany? Do German fans think they favour the top team (Bayern) like the perception here in England is that United get favoured? When I watch Bundesliga, nearly every time the game ends without the referee in my mind. Over here, the referees are the talking point after every weekend of football nowadays.

LoveCity said:
A question to our German posters. I only watch selected Bundesliga matches (usually 1 or 2 per week) but the referees always seem good to me. How are the referees perceived in Germany? Do German fans think they favour the top team (Bayern) like the perception here in England is that United get favoured? When I watch Bundesliga, nearly every time the game ends without the referee in my mind. Over here, the referees are the talking point after every weekend of football nowadays.

I don´t really think anyone feels like the refs favour one certain team.

Of course there are always questionable decisions, but to be fair the majority of them turn out to be difficult to judge/see for the Ref in the end.

Its always easy to curse the ref when you sit in front of your TV and can witness a tricky situation from 10 different camera angles.

Overall I feel like every team has to suffer from bad reffing over the course of a season, so in the end it usually evens out.

When I was watching the FA Cup Semi Finals over the weekend I was actually surprised myself over the quality of the refs, especially after the Spurs - Chelsea game..

it´s the same over here. We have a tv show on sunday (all about Bayern, of course), where former players and journalists talk about the matches. And they show endless replays of fouls and offsides in super slowmotion just to prove that the refs were wrong. That is modern media. Recently a ref tried to commit suicide and they were all talking about the pressure on the poor refs and next week they were bashing them the same way as always.

Concerning Bayern: Every football fan over here believes, that the DFB, the refs and the media are working for them :-)

Ruhr said:
it´s the same over here. We have a tv show on sunday (all about Bayern, of course), where former players and journalists talk about the matches. And they show endless replays of fouls and offsides in super slowmotion just to prove that the refs were wrong. That is modern media. Recently a ref tried to commit suicide and they were all talking about the pressure on the poor refs and next week they were bashing them the same way as always.

Concerning Bayern: Every football fan over here believes, that the DFB, the refs and the media are working for them :-)

But not positively... (to that in bold)

They search everything that is negative. Bayern is the moon in Germany. There is Bayern fans, Bayern symphatisants and Bayern haters - the group of football fans that are not interested in Bayern at all is very small.

You cannot really compare it with the PL where there is a couple of teams that have been on top the recent years - or to Spain or Italy where there was always at least two that most fans sided with one or the other. In Germany you are a fan of any team - and you like Bayern or you hate it.

right, that´s why Bayern matches have the most viewers on tv. It´s Bayern fans and all, that want to see a defeat of Bayern, even when their own team is not involved.

@ Bembeltown

A top ten of ground atmosphere in germany including Dortmund or not?

I agree that media is very biased towards Bayern, but do you honestly think that the refs favor Bayern? Dont really have the impression.

@Ruhr: Dortmund is definitely in the top ten and as mentioned they are pretty good away. At home its more the size of the arena and the Südtribüne that is impressive.

I personally like Stuttgart and Nürnberg a lot in terms of atmosphere. Even though Nürnbergs arena is crap from an acoustic point of view.

Second division got some pretty nice support as well. Dresden and rostock come to my mind. Frankfurt is usually pretty good as well even though our home support got worse over the years

Bembeltown said:
I agree that media is very biased towards Bayern, but do you honestly think that the refs favor Bayern? Dont really have the impression.

no,not really but you know, it´s the only club, where fans would believe that, if there is five minutes extra time or a late penalty

You know the guys, that do the "true table"? They take all wrong decisions by the refs, that have led to a goal and make a Bundesliga table without that decisions.

The club that benefited most from referees is.... SC Freiburg (hm, Jogi Löws team, i see a conspiracy ..... :-) )

whats the german opinion of city genrally like, btw I think dresdan have the best atmosphere btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.