Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluebannana said:
whats the german opinion of city genrally like, btw I think dresdan have the best atmosphere btw
i think st pauli are great, always keep an eye out for them, they must have the best following in that league?

bluebannana said:
whats the german opinion of city genrally like, btw I think dresdan have the best atmosphere btw

I think city is not yet one of the well known clubs in Germany. If you would ask a rand om fan to name a top tier club you would most likely get the usual suspects like rags,liverpool, arsenal and chelsea. this will however improve once city plays champions league on a more regular base.
Most german fans dont really like the whole "buy yourself a team" approach that city is following at the moment. However thats not specific for city its the same for all the sugar daddy teams. Hoffenheim in the german league is generally despised by the msjority of fans for having a similar setup to city.

Greuther Fürth has been promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in club history. The german champion from 1914, 1926 und 1929

Greuther Fürth ist the 52. club in Bundesliga history and their ground with 15.000 will be the smallest in the Bundesliga

The Frankenderby with FC Nürnberg is regarded as the oldest derby in germany. It is seven minutes from station to station between Nürnberg and Fürth. They really like each other, as the vid shows

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io2lpdmYvVg&feature=related[/youtube]

Henry Kissinger is a honoury member of the club (he was born in Fürth). He once promised to visit a match if they ever make it to the Bundesliga

Their nickname "Die Unaufsteigbaren" ( The unpromotionables) – now they finally made it after they failed so often, that there had been rumours, the club doesn´t want to play in the Bundesliga.

Bembeltown said:
bluebannana said:

I think city is not yet one of the well known clubs in Germany. If you would ask a rand om fan to name a top tier club you would most likely get the usual suspects like rags,liverpool, arsenal and chelsea. this will however improve once city plays champions league on a more regular base.
Most german fans dont really like the whole "buy yourself a team" approach that city is following at the moment. However thats not specific for city its the same for all the sugar daddy teams. Hoffenheim in the german league is generally despised by the msjority of fans for having a similar setup to city.

But that has to do a lot with the club culture in Germany, that we have. Oh - it is not just like this in football - everywhere where 2 Germans meet they form a club. Even my town - with approximately 7,000 inhabitants has more than 50 clubs - all kind of sports clubs, two soccer clubs, three choir clubs and a couple of cultural clubs. With all the legal stuff around it - it has to be registrated, there has to be a president, somebody for finances, somebody who controls the one that is in charge of the finances, yearly elections...

One of the local football clubs is in 6th or 7th league. There is already a lot money in in that leagues. The smaller or bigger companies in the area have sponsorships, advertise on the homepage and in the papers of the club, you have entrance fees for the matches and the players get some money (not enough to live on but it is a better pocket money) for playing. It is not only local players but also players from an area of 30 or 40 km around.

And Germany is somewhat a "Neidgesellschaft" - society of envy. People having money are generally despised - but if it is not really earned that is the lowest form...

german football tries to keep foreign investors out.
That system is widely supported by the fans. They think, they still have some influence. And as Maldeika wrote, every german is a member of a club and there is that romantic idea among fans of being member of a Bundesliga club is something like being member of your local sport club - just in a larger version.

Media also support that system. It is a system, where former players or local businessmen are running the clubs and journalists know them for 30 years ore more. They don´t want any rich russian or anyone else to interfere.

And not forget: The big clubs like Bayern are backing the system.

They all have accepted, that there always will be some 3-4 english or spanish clubs that spend the big money. But every time there is new big spender around like City now or Chelsea some years ago, they get nervous that german football will fall behind or has to change its rules. That has a tradition. Germany was the last country to introduce a professional league, the Bundesliga in 1963. That was a forced development. The national team failed in 1962 and many star players got offers from italian clubs and started to leave.

Do you know who the most unpopular person in German football is?

It's the supporter at Borussia Mönchengladbach who shouts "give us a B"

The Pink Panther said:

I would have thought Lothar Matthäus, but well....lol, what´s wrong with the guy?

Ruhr said:
The Pink Panther said:

I would have thought Lothar Matthäus, but well....lol, what´s wrong with the guy?

I think the joke may be lost in translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.