Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark - TheBlue said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-DUFknzPk[/youtube]
Funny how that guy seems to be German and thats the first time I heard of him.

Is he successfull in the Uk? Seems to have quite a couple of videos on youtube. But his accent...*shivers*

There are english or dutch comedians in germany, which i think are no household names in their home country. Or that german guy running a tv show in Poland. I think, the "funny foreigner" is a typical job in that business.

Ruhr said:
A short guide into german club names, nicks, rivalries and badges

Part 3: Hannoverscher Sportverein von 1896
Better known as: Hannover 96

Name: The club was founded in 1896, but needed three years to understand, that football is the future sport, not rugby

Nicks:
96er
Kleiner HSV (the little HSV)

Die Roten (the reds)
Quite silly, as the club colours are green, white and black. The legend says, that in the early days of football, local authorities ordered the Hannover clubs just to wear one shirt colour. 96 came late, the green shirts were already given to another team, so they had to play in red and still do.

Die Niedersachsen (the lower saxonies, from Hannover being the capital of a federal state with the same name)

Anti-Nicks: Hannoi

Best home lyrics

That is not a special song of their own, other clubs using it too, but i like the way they did it with a passion in their european campaign

First round Bucharest
Second round Rome
In Copenhagen rings the phone
Maybe Rotterdam
Maybe Milan
Maybe Tenerife
A week at sandy beaches
Europa cup europa cup europa cup

At .0.30 in the video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk9Kgdg2xfs[/youtube]

Most hated rival: Eintracht Braunschweig (The Niedersachsen Derby)
Strong dislike: VFL Wolfsburg. Werder Bremen
Friends: Hamburger SV (the northern alliance) and for some parts Arminia Bielefeld

Their badge is a simple "96" in club colours

5.bild.gif

According to newspaper reports Bayern fined Franck Ribery with 50.000 Euros after punching Arjen Robben into the face at half time of the match vs. Real.

you should really praise football for giving guys like Ribery a place in the society

Congratulations to Borussia Dortmund for their 8th german title (so not from the deepest of my heart)

After a 2-0 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach this evening, they had defended last years title.

Bayern has secured their place in the Champions League today, VFB Stuttgart will play Euro-League next season

FC Kaiserslautern has been relegated today for the third time from the Bundesliga

Well done Dortmund, another fantastic achievement to beat the aristocrats to the title.

I read that Gladbach are signing Granit Xhaka from Basel, he'll be a very good signing for them if true.

Ruhr said:
Congratulations to Borussia Dortmund for their 8th german title (so not from the deepest of my heart)

After a 2-0 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach this evening, they had defended last years title.

Bayern has secured their place in the Champions League today, VFB Stuttgart will play Euro-League next season

FC Kaiserslautern has been relegated today for the third time from the Bundesliga

Great achievement by Dortmund to win it with 2 games to go, considering their poor start to the season.

What's more important for you Ruhr is that they beat Monchengladbach which must make Schalke hot favourites to claim that final automatic Champions League place. Hopefully you get it as I like the idea of a possible return trip to Gelsenkirchen next season.

Bembeltown said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-DUFknzPk[/youtube]
Funny how that guy seems to be German and thats the first time I heard of him.

Is he successfull in the Uk? Seems to have quite a couple of videos on youtube. But his accent...*shivers*

He's building a profile at the moment. He came here to do marketing for a football club and ended up in comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.