Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maldeika said:
There is a good argument for clubs like Leverkusen. It was the sports club of the company and so ever supported by the company.

Hi,

I totally disagree on that one: There's no good argument (or rather no excuse) for the existance of B**** Leverscum! True, it may have started as a sportsclub for the company's workers - but we're talking professional football now, so the 'club' as it is now is only there for one single purpose - for advertising purposes, to promote the name of the Company and it's chemical products. In fact, the 'club' is a fully owned subsidiary of the company's PR-department. Definitely does not qualify for a football club IMO.

The Bundesliga could do without the Leverscums, Ho$$enheims, Wolfsburgs, RB Leipzigs.

Koln, Dusseldorf, Hertha, Pauli, even Paderborn are by far more attractive than these plastic clubs... May the best team win.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
What's happening with Kagawa?

Dortmund offered him a better contract, however it looks as if he is going to leave the club and head to England.

So far Chelsea and the Scum have been mentioned as potential target clubs. :(

@Rhineland:

Do I smell a "slight" bias towards Leverkusen from someone from Cologne/Gladbach? ;)

I personally dont have a problem with Leverkusen, sure they are a bit plastic, but at least they seem to do a good job and don´t lure players over with insane salaries.

Wolfsburg is far worse imho...Magath gets all the money shoved up his ugly arse and the team they have is a typical "mercenary" team without heart.
If he didnt get the opportunity to go shopping for another 30 Million in the winter transfer period they wouldnt even be anywhere close to the EuroLeague spots.

After Fürth and Frankfurt going up to the 1st division again the fight for the relegation spot is still open.

At the moment Paderborn and Düsseldorf both have the same amount of points so the next match day (which is the last one as well) is going to be pretty interesting for those two teams.

Kaiserslautern is going to get down to the second division while Hertha BSC Berlin and Cologne are still desperately trying to avoid the direct relegation and reach at least the play offs versus the team ranked 3rd in the second division.

Cologne will play Bayern at Home, while Berlin will play Hoffenheim at Home so its looking pretty grim for Cologne.

I am myself still praying for a Cologne - Düsseldorf match up as both are bitter rivals and it would be interesting to watch on TV.

We had the pleasure to celebrate returning to the top flight on Sunday. For that purpose 50k black and white plastic coats have been handed out to the fans to cover the whole arena in black and white. After a while one of the sides of the arena showed in red letters "Nie mehr 2. liga" (no more second division) as well.

It looked damn impressive even though the below video is a bit shit but there are not really any better ones out there.
[bigimg]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1447/eintrachtfrankfurtchore.jpg[/bigimg]
[bigimg]http://eintracht-online.net/galerie/albums/Eintracht%20Frankfurt-TSV%201860%20Muenchen11-12/Eintracht_Frankfurt-TSV_1860_Muenchen11-12_05.JPG[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGfo3mkaUNM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGfo3mkaUNM</a>

We lost the match 2-0 but no one really cared and after 90 minutes the pitch was invaded to celebrate with the team. :)

We are going to travel to Karlsruhe on the last match day and its going to be an interesting match as well. Karlsruhe needs to beat us to stay in the second divison while we want to win the league.

There is an estimate of about 7k traveling fans which could end up pretty nasty in the end as there is some rivalry between both sets of fans and in the past it usually kicked off when we played them.
So with us going up and them potentially down the worst is to be expected.

Köln or Hertha, or as german media call it: the most pathetic relegation fight in Bundesliga history. These two clubs are really comedy gold.

Rhineland said:
The Bundesliga could do without the Leverscums, Ho$$enheims, Wolfsburgs, RB Leipzigs.

Koln, Dusseldorf, Hertha, Pauli, even Paderborn are by far more attractive than these plastic clubs... May the best team win.

Hoffenheim are funded by Dietmar Hopp, a lifelong fan of the club. Nothing wrong with putting your own money into a club you've always supported.
Wolfsburg are sponsored by VW so they take their money, are you really naive enough to think that Köln or Düsseldorf etc wouldn't bite VW's hand off if they offered them that sort of money ?

Bembeltown said:
@Rhineland:
Do I smell a "slight" bias towards Leverkusen from someone from Cologne/Gladbach? ;)

rather wrong, I'm not biased towards Leverkusen, because what I stated above is simply the truth

It's actually not about taking money from individuals or big companies - that's obviously part of the game - it's about identity.

On Leverkusen: see above.
On Wolfsburg: Leverkusen light, though I acknowledge the fact that VW is actually not part of the club's name. Still it's merely just another realisation of the same phenomenon: big company giving work, homes, shopping and leisure time facilities as a whole package.
On Hoffenheim: WHO? No need at all for someone to put his money (and we are talking hundreds of millions) into a sunday league club from a small village to turn it into a Bundesliga club if it wasn't for his vanity. Sad sod.

Rhineland said:
No need at all for someone to put his money (and we are talking hundreds of millions) into a sunday league club from a small village to turn it into a Bundesliga club if it wasn't for his vanity. Sad sod.

Why shouldn't he ? It's his money. You presumably disagree with City's funding as well then ?

I bet if your club had a Dietmar Hopp you wouldn't be complaining.

Neither my club nor City are some sunday league outfit from a small village... Is there a sheik to step up and put some billions into Altrincham FC or Didsbury FC and turn them into a PL side?! I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.