Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopp was better off giving his money to clubs like Waldhof, OFC oder DA98, decent clubs with history, tradition and relativly large faithful following...

Waldhof wouldn´t exist anymore without Hopp´s money, so this is quite a bad example

Rhineland said:
Neither my club nor City are some sunday league outfit from a small village... Is there a sheik to step up and put some billions into Altrincham FC or Didsbury FC and turn them into a PL side?! I don't think so.

why always Didsbury?

I balo telli you: no deeper meaning implied, but randomly chosen. It's just down the (Maine) road. Simple as that.

bayern blade said:
Rhineland said:
No need at all for someone to put his money (and we are talking hundreds of millions) into a sunday league club from a small village to turn it into a Bundesliga club if it wasn't for his vanity. Sad sod.

Why shouldn't he ? It's his money. You presumably disagree with City's funding as well then ?

I bet if your club had a Dietmar Hopp you wouldn't be complaining.

Got to agree with Rhineland here...imho its always a bit problematic if a club depends on one "Sugardaddy".

No matter if its City, Hoffenheim or "my club" its always a bad thing, but at least pick a club that has some history a decent fanbase and don´t form something artificial out of nowhere similar to Hoffenheim or RB Leipzig.

Without Hopp Hoffenheim wouldnt exist at all and their "fanbase" would still go to Kaiserslautern, Mainz, Waldhof etc.

This club is the most pathetic sample of everything that is wrong with modern football and its going to be interesting to see what happens once Hopp Senior loses interest in his toy. Pretty much doubt that his son will take over as his toy is the local Hockey Team Adler Mannheim and he doesnt seem to have any interest in football at all.

MSP said:
Bundesliga fans talking about sugardaddys on City forums..

Well as said earlier I despise the whole sugardaddy idea as such, unfortunately City is still my second team. Feel free to blame Mr. Rösler for that as he was the one drawing my attention to city back when he still played for you.

So, leaving the boaring Hoffenheim topic:

Decisions are made:

Champions: Borussia Dortmund

Champions League: Bayern München, Schalke 04

Champions League Qualification: Borussia Mönchengladbach

Europa League: Bayer Leverkusen

Europa League Qualification: VfB Stuttgart, Hannover 96

Relegated: 1. FC Köln, 1. FC Kaiserlautern

Promoted: Greuther Fürth, Eintracht Frankfurt

Relegation play-off: Hertha BSC vs. (Fortuna Düsseldorf, FC St. Pauli or SC Paderborn)

Goal scorer:

1. Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke) 29
2. Mario Gomez (Bayern) 26
3. Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund) 22
4. Claudio Pizarro (Werder) 18
4. Lukas Podolski (Köln) 18
4. Marco Reus (M´gladbach) 18

Cologne fans burning down the house after relegation
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4i5fbk17k[/youtube]

Hertha saving their a** into the play-off in the last minute
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1zuqyBYxxk[/youtube]

Great to see our German partner club Frankfurt promoted, might be a place to send some of our higher quality youth players as long as they can get a game there (Abu couldn't).

LoveCity said:
Great to see our German partner club Frankfurt promoted, might be a place to send some of our higher quality youth players as long as they can ge at a game there (Abu couldn't).
Thats one of my hopes as well... We will have a hard time staying up next year and we are not exactly rich so getting some decent quality players on loan might be an option.

I have no idea about the quality of citys youth department though.

Ruhr said:
Waldhof wouldn´t exist anymore without Hopp´s money, so this is quite a bad example

Rhineland said:
Neither my club nor City are some sunday league outfit from a small village... Is there a sheik to step up and put some billions into Altrincham FC or Didsbury FC and turn them into a PL side?! I don't think so.

why always Didsbury?

Didsbury is very famous and popular amongst the Germans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.