Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unknown_Genius said:
Ruhr said:
Waldhof wouldn´t exist anymore without Hopp´s money, so this is quite a bad example

Rhineland said:
Neither my club nor City are some sunday league outfit from a small village... Is there a sheik to step up and put some billions into Altrincham FC or Didsbury FC and turn them into a PL side?! I don't think so.

why always Didsbury?

Didsbury is very famous and popular amongst the Germans.

why? haven't seen any fan clubs or anything.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Ruhr said:
Waldhof wouldn´t exist anymore without Hopp´s money, so this is quite a bad example

why always Didsbury?

Didsbury is very famous and popular amongst the Germans.

why? haven't seen any fan clubs or anything.

I was joking, its just that whenever one of the Bundesliga posters talks about Manchester, Didsbury is always mentioned.

Ruhr said:
So, leaving the boaring Hoffenheim topic:

Decisions are made:

Champions: Borussia Dortmund

Champions League: Bayern München, Schalke 04

Champions League Qualification: Borussia Mönchengladbach

Europa League: Bayer Leverkusen

Europa League Qualification: VfB Stuttgart, Hannover 96

Relegated: 1. FC Köln, 1. FC Kaiserlautern

Promoted: Greuther Fürth, Eintracht Frankfurt

Relegation play-off: Hertha BSC vs. (Fortuna Düsseldorf, FC St. Pauli or SC Paderborn)

Goal scorer:

1. Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke) 29
2. Mario Gomez (Bayern) 26
3. Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund) 22
4. Claudio Pizarro (Werder) 18
4. Lukas Podolski (Köln) 18
4. Marco Reus (M´gladbach) 18

Cologne fans burning down the house after relegation
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4i5fbk17k[/youtube]

Hertha saving their a** into the play-off in the last minute
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1zuqyBYxxk[/youtube]

the relegation play-off is now: Hertha BSC-Fortuna Düsseldorf
(St. Pauli missing it on goal difference)<br /><br />-- Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 am --<br /><br />German squad for the Euros (27 players, four more than the final squad)

Goal:

Manuel Neuer (Bayern München)
Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen/1899 Hoffenheim)
Ron-Robert-Zieler (Hannover 96)
Marc Andre ter Stegen (Bor. M´gladbach)

Defender

Holger Badstuber (Bayern München)
Jerome Boateng, (Bayern München)
Philipp Lahm, (Bayern München)
Benny Höwedes (Schalke 04)
Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund)
Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund)
Per Mertesacker (Arsenal FC)

Midfielder

Mesut Özil (Real Madrid)
Sami Khedira (Real Madrid),
Toni Kroos, (Bayern München),
Thomas Müller (Bayern München),
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern München),
Lukas Podolski (1. FC Köln/Arsenal FC).
Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach/Borussia Dortmund),
Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund),
Ilkay Gündogan (Borussia Dortmund)
Sven Bender (Borussia Dortmund)
Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen)
Andre Schürrle (Bayer Leverkusen)
Julian Draxler (Schalke 04)

Striker

Mario Gomez (Bayern München)
Miroslav Klose (Lazio)
Cacau (VfB Stuttgart)

i think, ter Stegen, Draxler, one of the Bender twins and Gündogan will finally miss it

And one last video from my side for this season...

Last away game of the season in Karlsruhe (we lost 1-0, but who cares we are going up anyway).

7k Frankfurt fans in the away end and one last farewell to the second division:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8AnX_zkVY&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8AnX_z ... r_embedded</a>

Some idiots felt the need to throw bangers around again, even though Ultras Frankfurt (the leading die hard group of fans) asked people a hundred times to not do it.

Some people never learn it...

Regarding the Euro Squad:

Bit surprised to see just 3 "real" strikers...Klose just came back from an injury, Cacau didnt really had a good season and Gomez is usually useless when playing for the national team. Overall I consider our strikers to be the weakest part of the squad and for whatever reason we seem to be unable to produce true strikers and Klose/Cacau are not exactly getting younger either.

The Midfield spots are pretty crowded and it has enough quality for 2 squads especially considering how young the players are. Hopefully good times ahead in this department.

In terms of defense I am worried that he still picked Mertesacker (don´t really rate him), but at least we get some fresh blood and quality in with Schmelzer,Hummels and Höwedes.

From the goalies I would expect Zieler to miss out...

Bembeltown said:

Bit surprised to see just 3 "real" strikers...Klose just came back from an injury, Cacau didnt really had a good season and Gomez is usually useless when playing for the national team. Overall I consider our strikers to be the weakest part of the squad and for whatever reason we seem to be unable to produce true strikers and Klose/Cacau are not exactly getting younger either.

The Midfield spots are pretty crowded and it has enough quality for 2 squads especially considering how young the players are. Hopefully good times ahead in this department.

In terms of defense I am worried that he still picked Mertesacker (don´t really rate him), but at least we get some fresh blood and quality in with Schmelzer,Hummels and Höwedes.

First thing congratulations on your promotion back to the Bundersliga. I haven't seen the squad but is Podolski named in the squad?

carlos92 said:
Bembeltown said:

First thing congratulations on your promotion back to the Bundersliga. I haven't seen the squad but is Podolski named in the squad?

it's about 5 posts up the page...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
carlos92 said:
Bembeltown said:

it's about 5 posts up the page...

Oops sorry still half asleep.

Podolski will always be in the squad, even if he would play for Didsbury...

The german team is much about loyalty, not so much on current form (thouh Podolski played his best Bundesliga season, but other players are in that squad just because of some merits in the past)

Ruhr said:
Podolski will always be in the squad, even if he would play for Didsbury...

The german team is much about loyalty, not so much on current form

A bit of a dangerous policy, something England does on a regular basis but the German national team can get away with it a bit.

Didsbury? What about Chorlton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.