Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Its as simple as no killer instinct today. Aguero does not fit in this system, he scores goals because thats what he knows but cant help but feel like there would be someone more effective.

He scores against Newcastle, Bristol, Cardiff. Will score against Basel & Wigan. I've not looked back on the games or his goals this season but the only goal I remember him scoring against the top teams is the 1st against Liverpool? He's a fantastic player but in this system against tough opposition he doesn't perform. We need Jesus back ASAP

Gundogan, Sterling and Sergio were the worst performers today. Bernardo didn't do much either. Basically our front three were useless. We arrived to their box many times with good numbers, often with 3-on-3 or 3-on-2 situations. It's not unreasonable to expect to have scored at least 4 goals today.

Ultimately though, you can blame individual players all you want, but the manager had no options to change the game. We've now got some very difficult games coming up and we'll do well not to see our lead slip to single figures. You can't expect the same three players to play every minute of every game at a high level.

Taking Raheem off was a poor decision.

We lost all of our pace on the counter which we would have got opportunities to exploit seeing as Burnley were going for a winner.

I think Pep got sick of him after that miss.

Diaz on for Sterling shouldn't have happened just because pep was pissed off with him for missing that sitter,bringing an inexperienced player on for him was out of order for me.
Why ? Sterling puts too much pressure on him after missing a sitter. Pep made the right decision. There was no time for a player regretting a sitter to be on the pitch.

I expected a draw before the game and voted accordingly on this forum.

As soon as I saw both Gundogan and Bernardo were playing I knew we would be slow and disjointed at times because both of them are slow and from what I've seen not up to it. Still mystified why Sterling was made to play on the left all game, he's nowhere near as effective on that side of the pitch. Thought Walker was at fault for their goal, went to sleep and didn't anticipate the Burnley player would get in front of him. If hadn't been for Ederson's two world class saves we could have easily lost the game.

Oh well, on to the next game and hopefully Pep can get rid of this wastefulness in front of goal that seems to have crept back into our game.

Diaz on for Sterling shouldn't have happened just because pep was pissed off with him for missing that sitter,bringing an inexperienced player on for him was out of order for me.

How are young players meant to get experience if not when the starting squad is depleted by injuries? Sterling deserved to be subbed, too. Nobody is untouchable.

I think he was worried Sterling was starting to get frustrated. Before the miss Gundogan had 2-3 chances to pass to him and chances are he would have scored from where he was. I noticed his face was starting to show signs of getting a bit pissed off. In my opinion he did well to keep at it even though he kept getting over looked due to a lack of correct decision by Gundogan or others.

So badly needed a goalscorer evident to all so why leave it till the last day? Sterling miss was a disgrace and cost us three points but wasnt on his own Aguero apart from missing two sitters did nothing Gundo guilty also You could see PEP getting more and more annoyed Do not know what can be more costly todays toss off or another transfer window where we fail to get what we really needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.