Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

100% RIGHT!!!

We played Brilliant football and a freak miss cost us.

Talk about an overreaction on here! Jesus fucking Christ we don't know how lucky we are and you get muppets moaning because we drew WOW.
Spot on Robbo!

Sack the board!

Disappointing result and sloppy finishing but a point not the end of the world. The players need a rest now and we go again.

We are still going to be a point better off than we were last week at a minimum thanks to Spurs beating the tags so all good.

Sterling shouldn't take the blame it was all round poor finishing notably Aguero was very poor and even KDB quiet.

Just one of those days.
oh my god

kiam is talking more sense than anyone1

get in there lad - i completely agree

Another point closer to the 85 required.

When your lead exceeds the number of games left you have to feel its going your way.

Disappointing to give away the lead and miss some good chances but that's going to happen during the season.

I think we can get 16 points from out last 12 games.

Am I the only one who thought Sterling wasn’t bad before the miss? Thought he looked quite threatening and linked up well. Subbing Brahim on was the wrong decision.
I don't think he was bad, no. I think Aguero was far worse. Every time we've dropped points in the league so far this season I've felt Sergio has been dreadful and it's cost us. It's not just that he's not finishing chances, it's that he's breaking down our attacks and preventing us from creating any chances at all.

no worries...

I really like Diaz .....he is so positive and loves to run at the defender and thats his first thought.....we need that in our team...he is young at present and needs the next two years of being on the bench, getting regular game time through subs appearances and then we could have a very special player on our hands (same with Fodden )

I like the kid also but he’s not ready. It’s fine saying he’s positive and runs at defenders which he does. But when it really mattered and we needed a spark today, he went backwards 95% of the time he got the ball. Not ready imo.. zinchenko would of been a better replacement for sterling

Not the best - commentator talking utter shit to try to keep interest in the title - utter cock. Media will give Sterling shit - we need to stick together. That Kelly Daglish is a stupid cow as well why do they employ her - must be 100s of women out threre more qualified than her
They employ her because of who her father is, same as Gabby Yorath on BBshit 1

His whole interview focused on two things. The side Sterling prefers to play on and his finishing. The two things that caused problems today.

It was either brilliantly incisive by Neville or it got to Raheem.

But they settled too much for 1-0 and that was a mistake today. They also for the first time finished a game second best and looked like the games had caught them up.

Truth is but for an amazing save they could have lost that game.

But this is why we are not going to win the league by a huge total in the way some are saying. It will be much closer. The season is long and we are starting to feel the effects of injury.

He HAS to play Sterling next week - though. He needs his confidence back. He should not have been taken off today as Sergio could have come off given his performance today and pushing Sterling in the middle to try to get the winner was the best thing he could do.

I think Sterling was celebrating in his mind before the goal went in, rather than nervous or lacking confidence, a lack of concentration.

How many touches in the opposition box? 55 close to a season record I think. How many times was the final pass the wrong choice? About 20.

I just think it was one of those days mate, Soon as Raheem missed that you just knew. I find it hard to have a pop at our team/players as thev'e just been sublime this season.

Just write today off, A point is not the end of the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.