Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

We drew away from home. Fuck, but I can hear United breathing down our necks.

Sterling. Truth is, if you can put that horrendous miss aside — difficult, I recognise — he had a significantly greater creative impact on the game than Kun. He was busy down that flank, always threatening, always trying to create things, always making the Burnley defence deeply uncomfortable. Sergio, on the other hand: I genuinely forgot that Kun was playing. When I saw him coming off at the end, I realised to my astonishment that I'd assumed that without my noticing it that he'd been substituted at some point. Love the guy, but when he goes missing, he goes missing big time.
Sure, we should have put the game to bed. Don't forget that Ederson had to pull out one good save, and one that was astonishing. What a keeper. And sure we will be punished for that against the big teams in the CL, if we don't take those chances.
13 point lead. One week's full holiday. Steady as she goes.

"an ex-Utd quizzing him on his scoring ability...will get into his head"........oh dear...you seriously believe that Gary Neville can get into his head and cause him to play utter mince?

I did not say that.

I said it would be in his head AFTER the miss and that's why we should have kept him on to give chance to rectify the error not left stewing on it for a week.

One of the big reasons his game has so improved under Pep is the confidence he has instilled. You can see how he struggles at Anfield as that abuse gets into his head.

These psychological things are more important with Sterling than some players.

The hard fact is we are actually in a better position than we were a week ago. Sure we all want to win every game but that is never going to be the case. We are 13 points clear with 12 games left. We have dropped 9 points all season, if we drop 9 points in the last 12 games we still finish on 96 points.

We should have been out of sight in the first half. Sterling sitter I thought it had gone in cos it was impossible to miss! Would of kept him on how many games has he won for us in the last few minutes. Kompany hurts me to say but he was our weakest link and Burnley concrentrated on this gave the ball away a number of times. Kevin went missing in the second half. Great corner work should have capitalised more on them. Anyway a point at Burnley is not to be scoffed at just hope we win next week. 6 subs whats Pep doing??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.