Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

13 points ahead with 12 to play is 1.08 points per game. 15 points ahead with 13 to play was 1.15 points per game. So the situation is now worse by 1.15/1.08 = 1.06 or 6 per cent.

13 points ahead with 12 to play is 1.08 points per game. 15 points ahead with 13 to play was 1.15 points per game. So the situation is now worse by 1.15/1.08 = 1.06 or 6 per cent.
Incredible.....we're fucked , it's the 0.01 's that get you every time

We are a fine football team, playing the type of football that has not been seen in this country so consistently, these guys are not machines they are human, given the amount of games played, and, injuries to key players, our points total is something to be proud of. Feel better now I got that off my chest.
So putting everything in perspective a draw away to Burnley is hardly a disaster.

No, as I said earlier in this thread but I repeat because I think it is key about today.

A draw away (to a top 7 team as well) when you are playing well is disappointing. But a draw away when you are playing poorly is worrying.

This was very clearly a case of the former and caused by factors we all understand and have little control over but very fortunately now have some time off and a free week to try to get ourselves mentally ready to go again. Something we have not been able to do for months.

But we were 12 ahead with 14 to play last weekend, though. So we are 1 pt better off than last weekend with 2 games fewer to play.

No, as I said earlier in this thread but I repeat because I think it is key about today.

A draw away (to a top 7 team as well) when you are playing well is disappointing. But a draw away when you are playing poorly is worrying.

This was very clearly a case of the former and caused by factors we all understand and have little control over but very fortunately now have some time off and a free week to try to get ourselves mentally ready to go again. Something we have not been able to do for months.
Agreed, the week off so to speak is a nice wee bonus,

Missing such sitters 1 yard from goal is woeful.
We played well at times, creating gilt edged chances to put the match beyond doubt, but YET AGAIN, we waste them. We got what we deserved, a draw. We didn’t put away our chances and the opposition gained confidence from it.
We got a point that could easily have been none. Get this game behind us, give the players a short break and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.