Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

Ederson 7.5/10 Good distribution. Not much to do between the posts. A few unnecessary passes that puckered the sphincter.

Ake 7/10 Good at the back, decent with his distribution. A bit nervy passing out from the back in the beginning.

Akanji 7.5/10 Good awareness and positioning, solid passing. Another dependable performance from the bargain buy.

Walker 7/10 Few wingers can win a foot race against him. Nothing doing on his flank for Burnley. His forward runs could've ended with better final balls.

Lewis 5.5/10 Not confident in possession. Not able to consistently link play between the defence and midfield. Just needs more experience, has played this role successfully before and will again.

Rodri 8.5/10 The cog that turns the wheel. Best 6 in the world for my money. If he’s the last man defending you feel confident. Excellent insurance goal.

Kovacic 7.5/10 Easy to see why Pep targeted him. Strong on the ball. Reliable passer. Played with excellent industry from box to box. Gonna be a great fit.

Foden 7/10 A bit wasteful at times but directly contributed to 2 goals. Work rate tracking back doesn’t always match Grealish’s.

KDB NR Get healthy, wasn’t worth running him out in this game imo.

Bernardo 6.5/10 Worked hard but was less than sharp with his service.

Alvarez 6.5/10 Set up Haaland’s 2nd but otherwise struggled to make his imprint on the game. Heavy touch cost him goal opportunity.

Haaland 8.5/10 Two clinical finishes and constantly looking to cause havoc for the opposition. Didn’t get involved much beyond the goals.

Palmer 6/10 Worked hard, continuing to show he’s capable of contributing.

Laporte 6/10 Cleaned up well in the final minutes.

Gvardiol 6.5/10 Very energized for his debut. Impressed with his movement and awareness.

Job done lads. We will get sharper as we get used to new teammates.

Standouts for Burnley:

CB Al Dkahil
GK Trafford
RW Koleosho
Lewis was better than that. Burnley tried their rough stuff on Rico and he came through it. He managed the ball well overall and credit to Burnley’s press for forcing an error or two.

Erm us. Neutrals make the Premier League the most watched football product in the world and generates billions. If the product is not exciting and viewership declines then so will the quality of players we watch.

This is not a tribalism “fuck the rags and scousers what they think” way of thinking, it’s the bigger picture. There’s too much football being played and fans aren’t getting value for money.
I personally don’t give a shit what neutrals think

City’s best vocal following at Burnley in many years. Burnley is a hostile place but everyone was great in the cricket Club, as usual. I had to laugh at the City and Burnley youngsters leaving a bit on each other in the kick about on the cricket pitch.

Rodri and Haaland were outstanding. Phil and Alvarez missed a few half chances between them. Can’t complain with 3 nil

It was great to see the involvement of so many Academy graduates. Everyone did us proud and Macatee looks like he’s toughened up from his loan at Sheff Utd.

It was bad to see KDB go off injured but Kovacic offered an extra pivot and option to beat Burnley’s press. I though he did really well in helping to turn defence into attack.

worried about Kev. 32 and body getting injury prone now. Like happened to vinnie. Hope I’m wrong but we need a plan B quickly. Hopefully he was just rushed back too soon.

I’m no doctor but rushing him back from a really bad hamstring injury to play against dross like Burnley was fucking moronic.

It’s not often our medical team shit the bed but I could see this coming from the first whistle.

That was a poor representation of elite/premier league football.

Game was too lopsided, the atmosphere was non existent.

As a city fan happy with the game but for a neutral that was shit. I didn’t even flinch at the third goal.
But the scum dont play til Monday

That was a poor representation of elite/premier league football.

Game was too lopsided, the atmosphere was non existent.

As a city fan happy with the game but for a neutral that was shit. I didn’t even flinch at the third goal.

9 times out of 10 that sums up our games.
The opponents park the bus, we play patent possession football trying to draw them out of their shape.
Kin hell even I find it boring !.

I would say most City games for the neutral are boring in, because our opponents dont want to play football and are happy with a nil-nil.

I must admit I agree with you about last night. But it's an early game in the 9 month season. It was exactly the type of game I was expecting, City tend to play like this for the first 8 or 10 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.