Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

You’re not genuinely comparing arsenal and Burnley as comparable title rivals are you?
Anyway, positive posts are boring, all you can do is Like or say ‘yeah, agreed’. Nothing like a bit of disagreement or a defeat to get the debate going - human nature - as I’m sure you know ;-)
3 points against Burnley are the same as 3 points against Arsenal as far as the league table is concerned.
Oh damn it...is that too positive ;)

Last edited:
Last night reminding me of the start of last season. Abit more quicker,direct, less control. I think it suits Alvarez and Foden more but probably Pep doesn’t like it

Excellent performance and result.
And all this new shite added time rule can sod off.
To be fair, there were only 6 minutes added on at the end and there was a bad tackle/injury, VAR review and a red card after the 90mins.

The ball is in play for City games more than any team in Europe. We are the only English club to average over 60mins. The PL average last season was 54mins (lowest for 12 years) and some clubs are as low as 52mins and some individual games are as low as 43mins (Villa v Brentford; Palace v Leeds).

The worst time wasting I’ve ever seen was the City v Everton game last season. The ref added 12 minutes on, however, there were 6 substitutions, 2 goals and a 5 minute stoppage for a technical fault on the lino’s earphones… so we actually only got 3 minutes added on for the ball being out of play.

Something needed to happen. But with City having the higher BIP numbers, we’ll get less of this time added on than everyone else unless like the last two games there’s an injury or VAR incident after the 90mins. It’ll be those games like Villa v Brentford and Palace v Leeds last season where we’ll see the 15mins extra.

To be fair, there were only 6 minutes added on at the end and there was a bad tackle/injury, VAR review and a red card after the 90mins.

The ball is in play for City games more than any team in Europe. We are the only English club to average over 60mins. The PL average last season was 54mins (lowest for 12 years) and some clubs are as low as 52mins and some individual games are as low as 43mins (Villa v Brentford; Palace v Leeds).

The worst time wasting I’ve ever seen was the City v Everton game last season. The ref added 12 minutes on, however, there were 6 substitutions, 2 goals and a 5 minute stoppage for a technical fault on the lino’s earphones… so we actually only got 3 minutes added on for the ball being out of play.

Something needed to happen. But with City having the higher BIP numbers, we’ll get less of this time added on than everyone else unless like the last two games there’s an injury or VAR incident after the 90mins. It’ll be those games like Villa v Brentford and Palace v Leeds last season where we’ll see the 15mins extra.
I timed it and there were 6 mins. There first two subs only took 20 seconds, there was a VAR after the goal, the stoppage to drag a fan out after the low cross to Haaland went for a GK and the hamstring to Burnley's right centre back. Then the remaining subs took longer, especially Haaland going off. The 5 mins in the first half was 3 mins KDB and 1 min each goal.

Already the times are reducing to more normal added time after it was ridiculous the first week in the EFL.

Typical bollocks on this forum.

109 pages on here in a defeat to Arsenal in nothing more than a kick around.

45 pages on here in a 3-0 victory away from home Premier League game.

Obviously alot of wums on here when we get beaten, But just as many happy to have a dig at the players and management in defeat.

The mind boggles on here sometimes.
That’s the case with any form of win:defeat ratio on post-match threads on all forums.

Last week was a Sunday afternoon where lots of people will have been sat at home watching and still had their phones/laptops handy after the game, others will have had the ride back home from Wembley to get on their phones and on Bluemoon to discuss the game, we were playing last season’s big rival, a club who we do not get on with at all, a club Pep has said he has ‘no respect for off the pitch’, in a game that had a trophy at the end of it after a penalty shoot-out that we didn’t win.

Last night was a Friday night where lots of people will have been out at the pub or on a night out after the game, others will have gone to bed after the game as it’s nighttime (plus I go to bed and sleep better after a win in a night game, I tend to stay up and can’t wind down after a defeat), lots of people don’t bother with their phones/laptops later on at night, we won, there’s less to delve into and discuss.

Perfectly normal behaviour in my eyes mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were all waiting for us to fall at the first hurdle, but we left them disappointed!

Love it Blues!

Pressure's back on the rest now, so enjoy the weekend!

Wouldn't the easiest way be to just stop the clock when the play stops & restart it when play restarts?

I've no idea why it's made so complicated, & left open to referee interpretation. A stop the clock system removes all uncertainty & adds the jeopardy of the seconds ticking down like basketball.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.