Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

As if Vinny has just had to try and talk about/defend Burnley fans booing the taking of the knee and it’s a slight positive as it’s less fans booing than it used to be. What a shitty little club of inbreds Burnley really are.

Poor Vinny.
I think he got quite a clear message across as well. Dirty horrible fan base that he was clearly ashamed of.

Very comfortable night overall. We had to weather a mini storm if you like in the first 30/35 minutes but then we took complete control.

Rodri was the standout for me, He's the heartbeat of this City side he's absolutely immense.

The downside is that tackle at the end. Yes it was the right decision of course, But it's the first game of the season and fouls like this is happening to our lads already.
Realistically it should be a more lengthy ban for those types of tackles. 3 game ban isn't enough for that tonight. Thankfully Walker is OK, Could have easily been his season over tonight.

Ederson 7.5/10 Good distribution. Not much to do between the posts. A few unnecessary passes that puckered the sphincter.

Ake 7/10 Good at the back, decent with his distribution. A bit nervy passing out from the back in the beginning.

Akanji 7.5/10 Good awareness and positioning, solid passing. Another dependable performance from the bargain buy.

Walker 7/10 Few wingers can win a foot race against him. Nothing doing on his flank for Burnley. His forward runs could've ended with better final balls.

Lewis 5.5/10 Not confident in possession. Not able to consistently link play between the defence and midfield. Just needs more experience, has played this role successfully before and will again.

Rodri 8.5/10 The cog that turns the wheel. Best 6 in the world for my money. If he’s the last man defending you feel confident. Excellent insurance goal.

Kovacic 7.5/10 Easy to see why Pep targeted him. Strong on the ball. Reliable passer. Played with excellent industry from box to box. Gonna be a great fit.

Foden 7/10 A bit wasteful at times but directly contributed to 2 goals. Work rate tracking back doesn’t always match Grealish’s.

KDB NR Get healthy, wasn’t worth running him out in this game imo.

Bernardo 6.5/10 Worked hard but was less than sharp with his service.

Alvarez 6.5/10 Set up Haaland’s 2nd but otherwise struggled to make his imprint on the game. Heavy touch cost him goal opportunity.

Haaland 8.5/10 Two clinical finishes and constantly looking to cause havoc for the opposition. Didn’t get involved much beyond the goals.

Palmer 6/10 Worked hard, continuing to show he’s capable of contributing.

Laporte 6/10 Cleaned up well in the final minutes.

Gvardiol 6.5/10 Very energized for his debut. Impressed with his movement and awareness.

Job done lads. We will get sharper as we get used to new teammates.

Standouts for Burnley:

CB Al Dkahil
GK Trafford
RW Koleosho
You deserve 10/10 for your analysis of Ederson - “puckered the sphincter” haven’t had mine puckered for years

Or we have a game Pep will be taking very seriously mid-week and he's already rotating as needed and no one else is as caught up on a young lad celebrating a treble as some of our more uptight posters on here!
I'm upright till I'm horizontal.

I'm more interested in who makes the stating 11 v the georgies,in an intense PL game, than Wednesday agin Seville.

Whether Jack starts in games or not is irrelevant.

Alcohol and 24 hour raves are not conducive to elite level performances from professional athletes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.