Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Judging by the matches Stones has played this season, he should be above Laporte in the pecking order. Laporte hasn't been the same since his injury last season. And he has tendency to dwell on the ball a bit too long for my taste.
I'm just happy for Stones. I hope he keeps up his form (even if it means dislodging Laporte). He has it in him somewhere, hopefully his personal issues are now behind him.

I think we will see the old ruthless Pep back now he has a full squad to choose from. He can now demand higher performances or the players will be dropped.

Highlighting the mistakes and reacting to those mistakes is something we have all been asking him to do. Mahrez played well today but if he starts fucking about again he will be dropped. Same goes for stones.

Time to deliver or you won’t play. Pep has the upper hand now the injuries have slowed.
Good points and signing a new contract will reinforce his authority and the players should respond to that.

Lovely assist for the Torres goal, his run made our first and two goals chalked off for marginal reasons. Still haven't seen the first offside - where were all the lines and reruns they showed for the second one? Don't answer that I already know the answer.

Thought he played fine.
Have to agree about Jesus - yeah he’s not another Sergio but who is ?
I thought he brought plenty of positives today and usually does - he pops up all over the pitch and maybe if he stayed more central he would score more - but our system demands that players be flexible in terms of position.

It was 'only' Burnley but it was noticeable that the intensity and work rate of the team went up several levels today. We have strolled about far too often against similarly limited opposition for the last 18 months so hopefully Pep is getting to grips with this major fault in our play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.