Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Gabby was his usual industrious self. He chases down defenders, runs off the ball, takes defenders away etc, but his offside today was comical. Only then did VAR make an appearance.
Stones was a rock today. I really hope that he’s put all his past troubles behind him and can go on and show us what we bought him for.
Gundogan had a decent game too.
Kev was sublime, shame he didn’t get a goal.
We could have had double figures if we had been even more clinical. Get some game time in before we play the comedy fixture v rags. I think we all know VAR will be examining every move we make right back to see if they can disallow it.
Onwards Blues.

Stones 2 season ago was brilliant, think him and otto didnt play well at all together

Dont think his injuries been in and out the team has helped

also his private life been splash all over the media and we all know what the press are like with anything city related
stones is good enough but maybe he lacks that belief and his mistakes have been big and brutal and costly
but that is because he was in and out with injury and every mistake highlighted and pep lost trust in stones

£50 million looks cheap if we get the john stones of today every week. because he is the best defender with the ball at the club. his passes are crisp and can come out and drive the team up field

Rolls royce performance by Stones today.

Couldn't believe it was the same player, not only today but midweek too in the Chumps League.

Dias seems to have boosted his confidence & looks more comfortable with this partnership than Laporte or anyone else to date.

Made all the right decisions & a great improvement I noticed late on in the game was him sensing the danger & positioning himself correctly before the ball went into the box.

As a result of his improved confidence he was bringing out the ball with conviction & made quite a few incisive passes forward rather than sidewards - more of this please!
Dias looks to be such an imporant signing. Very much like Kompany insofar as he makes everyone he play with look better.

Rolls royce performance by Stones today.

Couldn't believe it was the same player, not only today but midweek too in the Chumps League.

Dias seems to have boosted his confidence & looks more comfortable with this partnership than Laporte or anyone else to date.

Made all the right decisions & a great improvement I noticed late on in the game was him sensing the danger & positioning himself correctly before the ball went into the box.

As a result of his improved confidence he was bringing out the ball with conviction & made quite a few incisive passes forward rather than sidewards - more of this please!
His anticipation certainly thwarted a number of potential opportunities for Burnley to attack. He's definitely starting to find his form again.

Totally agree with Pep when he says players aren't enjoying playing every three days, I think a lot of fans are feeling the same, watching it . It does become boring, way too many matches being crammed into the ridiculous schedule. Fuck, I really hope we're back to normal next season.

Totally agree with Pep when he says players aren't enjoying playing every three days, I think a lot of fans are feeling the same, watching it . It does become boring, way too many matches being crammed into the ridiculous schedule. Fuck, I really hope we're back to normal next season.
Next season is 2021-22 with a World Cup halfway through, so unless there are serious changes to the domestic and European cups then it's going to be just as chaotic. Or they could just relegate all teams with red shirts to reduce the number of league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.