Burnley V Man City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Jullarkey said:
I'd start Kompany in the hope that he'll be back to somewhere approaching his best after his extended rest. We can't not play him and then blindly throw him back in for the Barca game. Tomorrow is really important for Vinny. If he can have a relatively mistake-free afternoon, he might be in the sort of mindframe he was for last season's game at the Nou Camp, where he was an absolute beast.
Was. At the moment his game has fallen apart
Behave Marvin ffs.....he had a fine 2nd half against the dippers

BringBackSwales said:
Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
These 2 games coming up are the biggest of the season so far. If we don't win both our season is completely over.

A win against Burnley puts us 2 points behind Chelsea who have a tough game against Southampton. The Saints rarely concede goals and Costa is in a goal drought. Chelsea are now under pressure to win the league and there are a lot of current players at Chelsea that haven't dealt with the pressure of winning the Premier League whereas the majority of our squad has, especially from behind, so they could start to wobble if they see us going on a winning run. Mourinho's teams famously start seasons like a train but don't pick up many points towards the end of league campaigns. As much as the English media likes to say it's over I don't think we are quite dead and buried just yet.

As far as the Champions League goes, 2-1 is a strange lead to have going into the 2nd leg. Barcelona have a lead to defend and that is always subconsciously in the back of players minds that if they go all guns blazing you could get caught on the counter attack. Similar to when we were 2-0 down away at Bayern, we had nothing to lose and they had everything to lose so they were a bit more cautious and we just went for it and produced a famous 3-2 win at the Allianz. The same could happen here. The players will know that if we conquer Barcelona in the Nou Camp the whole world will be watching and this is our chance to say we have arrived in European football. Ever since that late goal in the CSKA vs Roma game which did us a massive favour, I just had a feeling something special was going to happen this year. Winning 2-0 away at Roma is the sort of game Champions league winners look back on. And then coming from 2-1 down against Bayern with two late goals in the final few minutes from Agueroooooooooo. (Ring any bells?) I could be wrong but I feel like this year it's written in the stars. (No I am not drunk)

If we win both games especially the latter then our season starts to look a bit brighter.

Team Vs Burnley

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Clichy

Fernandinho - Yaya Touré

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Aguero

Team Vs Barcelona

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolarov

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Yaya Touré - Silva

Aguero

C'mon City!

Is James Milner knobbing your wife?

He's knobbing my club

A 1-0 win and please no injuries to Kun and Yaya ..

I just know one of them will pull a hamstring today ........

KnaresboroughBlue said:
...........................Hart

Zaba....Kompany..Mangala..Clichy

.........Fernandinho..Toure

Navas...............Silva.............Milner

.......................Aguero

I know this is a must win game and I'm not one of the "I've given up on the league brigade" but a strike force of Bony and Dzeko ability should be enough to see of Burnley plus a midfield without Silva. If we are to have any chance on Wednesday both Silva and Aguero have to be fit and play. I know we aren't playing well at the moment but this is where the "squad" game should come into its own. Fergie was a master at it.

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
Jullarkey said:
I'd start Kompany in the hope that he'll be back to somewhere approaching his best after his extended rest. We can't not play him and then blindly throw him back in for the Barca game. Tomorrow is really important for Vinny. If he can have a relatively mistake-free afternoon, he might be in the sort of mindframe he was for last season's game at the Nou Camp, where he was an absolute beast.
Was. At the moment his game has fallen apart
Behave Marvin ffs.....he had a fine 2nd half against the dippers

Yep our back four improved in the second half, the midfield was the problem.

Tricky17 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

I know this is a must win game and I'm not one of the "I've given up on the league brigade" but a strike force of Bony and Dzeko ability should be enough to see of Burnley plus a midfield without Silva. If we are to have any chance on Wednesday both Silva and Aguero have to be fit and play. I know we aren't playing well at the moment but this is where the "squad" game should come into its own. Fergie was a master at it.

As we failed to see off Burnley at home, I would go full strength for every league game until there's nothing left to play for. There is still a small chance that Chelsea could crack if we can keep the pressure on them and we also have to be very wary about the teams below us.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Tricky17 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

As we failed to see off Burnley at home, I would go full strength for every league game until there's nothing left to play for. There is still a small chance that Chelsea could crack if we can keep the pressure on them and we also have to be very wary about the teams below us.

I don't disagree with the sentiment but think the squad should be used to its fullest to give us the best chance of getting a result. I don't want to be in block 533 and see us get stuffed! I'm already worried about the Vertigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.