Burnley Vs City Post Match Thread

We played like we were playing a meaningless game before a cup final.

This team is full of champions and they should be hurting after that performance. The next few weeks will show us what players are up for a fight

CITY FOR LIFE said:
blueman68 said:
Don't think players downed tools more likely that Wednesday playing on minds. Had a don't want to get hamstring injury type of non commitment. maybe under instruction? Could it be that 2nd in league was already accepted by club and Wednesday top priority.
Is that a serous quote, why worry about Weds we are not on the same playing field, today was about not giving a fuck.
But the fact is we are on the same playing field and being the mad deluded optimistic fool that I am, I've got a sneaky feeling kun is going to fire us into next round.

No passion, no commitment; not good enough! We had the chance to put some real pressure on Chelsea today, you would have thought the players would come out and have a real go at Burnley... what a let down. Yaya was particularly poor, didn't look bothered at all.

blueman68 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
blueman68 said:
Don't think players downed tools more likely that Wednesday playing on minds. Had a don't want to get hamstring injury type of non commitment. maybe under instruction? Could it be that 2nd in league was already accepted by club and Wednesday top priority.
Is that a serous quote, why worry about Weds we are not on the same playing field, today was about not giving a fuck.
But the fact is we are on the same playing field and being the mad deluded optimistic fool that I am, I've got a sneaky feeling kun is going to fire us into next round.
If they do mate, I will buy you a very large drink in Mary Dees or Level 3 next week :)

Just a thought, why not let Navas go out on the left side every so often. I'm sure he could cause problems for the oppo def, cutting in to shoot on goal. City so are to predictable with the system they use now.

NQCitizen said:
SlimShadyRus said:
jimharri said:
1239638148802.gif
Nice gif btw! What TV series/movie is it from?
It's from R Kelly's 'Trapped in the Closet'

The Citizen Kane of the hip hopera genre.
Wtf!How do you know that? How does any body know that? lol

kingdoneg said:
MichaelBBack said:

I'd give Vieira a go already. His knowledge of the fantastic young talents we have would be a great asset, and from what I hear he's a decent motivator. It'd be fair to give him a shot.

I completely agree. But as a previous poster stated, he must be allowed to manage without pressure. His only target being to maintain our current league position. He's a far better motivator than Pearce or Pellers was/is. Plus, if you've ever watched the EDS teams they don't always play 442. I'd back Viera.

I'm not slagging Viera but making the point it would be some gamble to give someone such a big job who has never managed before,. How do you know he'd be a better motivator than Pearce or Pellers?

Players need to take a long hard look at themselves , bar maybe 2 players that was our best team on paper, and they can't be arsed to put in the effort, Fernandinho was our best player today, but that was cause he had to play well since Yaya wouldn't even bother to get goal side. 2 seasons now where we won the league the year before and the next year the players show no desire to get it back, I hate for us to sack our manager after 2 years after winning the league in one of those years but it needs to be done for us to move forward both in the champs league and the prem, Klopp would be the one for me as he would be a different type of likeable manager with his passion carrying over to the players and would also get into them a bit more.

I think it would be too much of a risk to out Viera in charge as he isn't proven and I still trust in Pellegrini to get a top four place but possibly next year he can be given a job as assistant manager.

In the summer we need to look at the squad properly and decide who we need to sell and get the right price, I would like to see Yaya bed in his successor but after the season he's had, which hasn't been bad just not like last season, says to me that he's on the decline and at this moment I would cash in, although that is the only one of our spine (Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Kun) that I would sell, but I would definitely look to improve other areas of the team with younger, quicker players that can produce something that can get the crowd of their feet even if we're not playing well.

One thing I would say is if we have a squad revamp then we have to accept that we could have a season of transition next year.

blueraid said:
The team performance was appalling, but as someone who doesn't have the "loyalty" points to get a ticket for Burnley away, can I also say that those "loyal" fans were just as bad- the support for the team was abysmal! Must have heard the City fans twice all game!
haha what a stupid post, if you watched the game on tv you'd have known just how shocking of a performance that was, obviously that transfers to the stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.