Burnley Vs City Post Match Thread

I found myself laughing when burnley scored, that just can't be right, but there it is. What a shambolic shower of shite's...

What i thought was a blip in form is something much deeper and i guess the truth will come out in the end.Behind the scenes there is obvious unrest,either between the players or with the manager or both.It is written all over the players body language and lack of drive fight and effort.Even Silva has been dreadful lately.I have no idea when this started.Just prior to Christmas we went on that great run with no fit strikers and we looked more fluent,hard working and dangerous.The opposition didn't seem to know how to set up against us and it worked.

We had kept Chelsea in our sights and at one point were level with them.There was excitement that our key players were coming back and we signed Bony too who most fans thought was a good signing. Since then we have imploded in dramatic fashion and just recently we have been dreadful,scraping the odd win or draw when we didn't really deserve to.We could play a team of heavy Sunday league boozers at the moment and i wouldn't bet against them giving us a game and scoring at least one goal.

For me this team has peaked and is over the hill and a major rebuilding job is needed,whether Pellegrini is the man to do that is not for me to decide.They have lost their hunger and will to win and unfortunately for us it is not just one player but almost the whole team.

For years that is what set the rags apart from the rest, as soon as a player lost his hunger Fergiescum had him out of the door no matter what his standing was at the club.This sent out a warning that nobody was safe and unless you maintained your desire and hunger you were out,end off!

Once this season has fizzled out some ruthless hard decisions have to be made with nobody immune before this cancer grows and consumes us.

blueman68 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
blueman68 said:
Don't think players downed tools more likely that Wednesday playing on minds. Had a don't want to get hamstring injury type of non commitment. maybe under instruction? Could it be that 2nd in league was already accepted by club and Wednesday top priority.
Is that a serous quote, why worry about Weds we are not on the same playing field, today was about not giving a fuck.
But the fact is we are on the same playing field and being the mad deluded optimistic fool that I am, I've got a sneaky feeling kun is going to fire us into next round.
Barca will score in the first ten mins and it will be over

squirtyflower said:
No tempo, no passion, no clue, no desire, really just not good enough

The only thing that remains is whether the players care enough to ensure we finish top three.

You wouldn't back us in over two legs to qualify for Chumps League no matter who we play.

Could easily see us slide to 6/7th if the players continue to perform like they have in the past 11 games.

As some have said it could be the best thing to happen to us because the apathy in the current squad needs something significant to happen to make them realise you have no free ticket to Europe each year.

just going to say this then concentrate on the barca game

FUCKING SHIT ...right that's out of the way..

now we have lured barca into a false sense of security glory beckons :)

Hart- nothing to do and couldn't stop the goal.
Zabba.- poor, lacking confidence, waited until last 10 minutes to get up the pitch.
kompany- just not himself, going backwards in possession whenever possible and looks shaky every time he's pressured.
Demichellis- disaster, another foul on the edge of the box that results in a goal, too slow, horrible on the ball and not champion material.
Clichy- misplaced to many easy 5 yard passes.
Navas- awful, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, final ball awful and just all round shit. Not good enough.
Yaya- looked like a lost dog, couldn't be bothered in the slitest. never broke out of a jog and was the worst player on the pitch.
Fernandinho- never looked himself, lacking his buzz around the field which we normally always see, also bad in possession.
silva- never had a good game but he's allowed an off day, unlike most of the other players he has been playing well lately.
Dzeko- never done anything, lacking confidence and a bad selection by Pellegrini.
Aguero- worked hard and tried to make things happen, just didn't get a break, one of the better players, probably our best.

subs
dzeko-bony… right decision but should of happened earlier, bony came on with 25 minutes and never done anything. nothing since he signed
silva-jovetic… Worst decision pellegrini could of made, Silva was the only one other than Kun who looked like he could create an opportunity, Jovetic Awful when he came on, trying to beat people and cutting in and slowing our momentum, definitely gone in the summer, would of been better with a hungry EDS player.
toure-lampard should of happened a lot earlier, yaya today summed up our performances of late.
Onto wednesday now where really anything can happen, wouldn't be surprised with a 5-0 defeat or a 3-1 win, this should be a huge wake up call for the players but then again we have said that for months.

BigOscar said:
That wasn't about the individual players or the tactics, that was 100% about a gutless lack of desire, energy and tempo. The players should be fucking ashamed of themselves. It looks like we need to sack Pellers now just to hope the new manager bonus can give us enough fucking desire to stumble to the end of the season, then a whole lot of these players need fucking off. Yaya first out the door, if we can convince him to move that far. Fucking shocking lack of hunger

Exactly. This isn't the usual 'break the team up' request that come in the droves after every poor result, but this team seriously needs breaking up. If it's not now abundantly clear to all and sundry that we have a serious attitude problem it honestly never will be. Txiki must surely know by now who the trouble makers are, and if he doesn't he can join whoever is on the way out.

Certain members of this squad seem to feel their race is run. Or feel they only have to run it for one season under the new boss before resuming their general malaise. It needs youth, it needs impetus and it needs it fast.

Garbage.

I've run out of confidence for the manager. We're less than the sum of our parts this seaon and that's down to him to make the difference.

How can a team who must win play so appallingly? I used to worry that there was no plan B. Now I'm not so sure there's a plan A!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.