Bury Blues - (MCFC OSC Branch)

Re: Bury North Supporters Club - (MCSC Branch)

Been to a Sportsman's Dinner and a Race Night at Greenmount CC in last couple of years. It should be an ideal venue. Oh, and it's a nice stroll for me. ;)

Ox-Blue - it sounds like you've just volunteered to host the after-show party.

Boots_ said:
Been to a Sportsman's Dinner and a Race Night at Greenmount CC in last couple of years. It should be an ideal venue. Oh, and it's a nice stroll for me. ;)

Only time I've ever been there was to a Slimming World meet, and no it wasn't for me (lol)

I'm thinking along the lines of Thursdays would be ideal for meetings, as weekend is football games + mondays, and then we're now in the champs league which feels strange so tuesdays and wednesdays is taken up with games.

and Fridays people are usually out doing their own thing anyway.

Our first meeting will be before the season starts so it could be on most days (if there's no cricket on)

The sooner the better really then maybe something could be organized for the community shield coach, tickets etc

SteSteez said:
Boots_ said:

Only time I've ever been there was to a Slimming World meet, and no it wasn't for me (lol)I'm thinking along the lines of Thursdays would be ideal for meetings, as weekend is football games + mondays, and then we're now in the champs league which feels strange so tuesdays and wednesdays is taken up with games.

Our first meeting will be before the season starts so it could be on most days (if there's no cricket on)

Kolo?!

Boots_ said:
SteSteez said:
Boots_ said:

Only time I've ever been there was to a Slimming World meet, and no it wasn't for me (lol)I'm thinking along the lines of Thursdays would be ideal for meetings, as weekend is football games + mondays, and then we're now in the champs league which feels strange so tuesdays and wednesdays is taken up with games.

Kolo?!

lol....

Here's my effort of a logo:

[bigimg]http://imageshack.us/f/560/coatofarmsofburymetropo.png[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/coatofarmsofburymetropo.png/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/56 ... tropo.png/</a>

it needs touching up, like the three canal line being put in place, and the branch name font improved.
As you can see it incorporates the bury coat of arms aswell as the mcfc badge but the badge name is changed to say mcSc

ChaoticBluemoon said:
hi me and my son would be very interested. We live in Brandlesholme.

Have you tried bury cricket / rugby club - they have a big room with a bar that they rent out. I think that's what it is called - is on the opposite corner to Parkhills garage ( Radcliffe road ) its slightly hidden.

I run a football club and we have used the room above Burrs visitor centre before but it only has a bar if you hire one - although its opposite the Brown Cow.

Also you can hire/use the bar area /room at Playfootball - they can corner it off and has a bar / holds 100+ and they don't charge for the room if bar takings are over a set amount.

Hope this helps.

Free but bar must be over £400 or get a £50 surcharge if its the same deal we got Friday for rugby do. £3 a pint, loads of parking. Staff were a bit slow to serve you but nitpicking really. Agree loads of other supporters coming in isnt ideal and yes its close to P&W. Glad it got binned really.

Greenmount CC suits me.

was hoping thursdays wouldn't be the agreed day, that's the only day i can't do. Ah well....

SteSteez said:
notdead said:
I live on Tottington road - cant believe there is so many of us so close ! I would be interested and my mate Moz too. The Globe is run by a Blue and i know he would throw some food in for free if we organised it there.

Just a thought - theres a blue around here about 40, watches City away games in Waggonmakers. Calls every player by their first name. Fuck knows why, "shoot Carlos" or "clear it Pablo" etc etc gets right on my tits. Can we ban him ?

As much as The Globe would be a location very close to where I live, this venue for me is too neutral in terms of the amount of fans from all kinds of clubs congregating there regularly.

As for the guy at Waggonmakers, maybe Ian would ban him for you?

stonerblue said:
If the branch headquarters is gonna be The Trackside then count me in.

Any particular reason why?

I'm not massively up for having the Branch HQ in a pub, if I wanted this kind of thing there are many pubs on a match day where many city shirt wearing public group together and watch the games.

This Branch aims to "Support" as in attend games both home/away on a regular basis, and attempt to involve itself with the direction in which the club is going.
There are many pubs out there all over this country that as a Supporters Club we would be visiting before/after matches.

I'd say it was more of a train station than a pub, but my suggestion was a bit tongue in cheek really

Chungo said:
masterwig said:
Where is this 'playfootball' place? I've never heard of it.

Bury College

Ah, I've reffed down there, didn't go into the building but it looks like it would be too small and as people have pointed out, there would be loads of 5-a-side players about and it could be problematic parking etc.

Anyway, that's irrelevant if Greenmount is decided.

OxBlue said:
Wahoo, GCC 2 min walk from my house...

can we also tap up other venues to use for when I get barred? (;-)

Cheers

OxBlue

lol.

knew you'd be happy with that one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.