Bus drivers?

I used to hold the opinion that most bus drivers are ****s but you hav to admit that the amount of complete bellends, ignorant twats that they have to deal with in a day would test the patience of Mother Theresa.

Some are going to be arseholes but after a day driving a bus I bet Ainsley Harriot would be frowning and scowling at everyone and telling them to stick their Percy Pepper up their arses.

Public transport in Manchester is a disgrace. Both in terms of price and the behaviour you see on it. It's a while since I had to get the bus on a regular basis but when I did the drivers had to deal with all sorts of dickheads - and on a regular basis. I used to be on the verge of murder myself, just getting on for a few minutes.

Also, take a look at the post on this thread about London buses.

Despite what moaning Cockneys would tell you, London has a proper public transport system. Regular and fair priced.

The price of buses in Manchester is a fucking joke - apart from down Oxford Road and the offshoots around it, which seems to be subsidised by charging every other area 10 times as much.

I know people use the word too often, but bus prices in Manchester are an actual DISGRACE. I bet the shit that the drivers get off some nobheads for that, even though it is nothing to do with them, doesn't contribute positively to their mood either.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I used to hold the opinion that most bus drivers are ****s but you hav to admit that the amount of complete bellends, ignorant twats that they have to deal with in a day would test the patience of Mother Theresa.

Some are going to be arseholes but after a day driving a bus I bet Ainsley Harriot would be frowning and scowling at everyone and telling them to stick their Percy Pepper up their arses.

Public transport in Manchester is a disgrace. Both in terms of price and the behaviour you see on it. It's a while since I had to get the bus on a regular basis but when I did the drivers had to deal with all sorts of dickheads - and on a regular basis. I used to be on the verge of murder myself, just getting on for a few minutes.

Also, take a look at the post on this thread about London buses.

Despite what moaning Cockneys would tell you, London has a proper public transport system. Regular and fair priced.

The price of buses in Manchester is a fucking joke - apart from down Oxford Road and the offshoots around it, which seems to be subsidised by charging every other area 10 times as much.

I know people use the word too often, but bus prices in Manchester are an actual DISGRACE. I bet the shit that the drivers get off some nobheads for that, even though it is nothing to do with them, doesn't contribute positively to their mood either.

hahaha class as always john.

Had one once who refused to let me pay with a fiver for a £2.70 fair.

Refused to get off as i had the tender to pay for it, he then refused to move the bus out of the station until i got off.

After a few verbals i begrudgingly got off, complained to stagecoach and got a free megarider.

Look at this poll!!

Is it any wonder that some of them are moody?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.busandcoachforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.busandcoachforum.net/viewtop ... f=1&t=1915</a>

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Unfortunately, Aphex, I am a VOSA accredited tacho trainer, and I wholeheartedly agree the subject is mind numbingly dull, but as I said, the penalty's for getting it wrong can be severe both for the driver (loss of licence and a fine) and for the operator (loss of operators licence).

I'll stick to the basics, which isn't easy as the rules are quite complex and there is some flexibility available on a day to day basis, but here goes.

You can drive for 4.5 hours, and you have to stop for 45 minutes rest and recuperation. That rest period can be split, though, and you can have a 15 minute break, drive a bit,then have a 30 minute break, which obviously makes up the 45 minutes rest and recuperation. Once you have had a period of 45 minutes rest, be it a 15 and 30 minute split or the full 45 minutes, you can drive for a further 4.5 hours, before you need to stop for another 45 minutes.

So, you can drive for 4.5 hours, stop for 45 minutes, and carry on for another 4.5 hours. You can also drive for 2 hours, stop for 15 minutes, drive another 1.5 hours, stop for 30 minutes, and carry on for another 4.5 hours.

You can drive for 9 hours a day, but twice a week you can drive for 10 hours, but you can't exceed 56 hours driving in any one week, and 90 hours in any 2 week period.

As for the bus drivers you mention taking breaks after 2 hours driving, it is perfectly possible, as their rota may require them to be driving for the next 4 hours or so without them taking a break.

To be honest, it is a nightmare for both drivers and operators, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the driver, and the operator can't demand a driver take a vehicle out if the driver does not think he can keep within the timescales.

I hope that helps, and I agree that a lot of bus drivers are miserable sods, but there are also people like me, who are not!

thankyou mate

i wholeheartedly agree about the beurocratic nonsense that hampers our everyday life. be it tachographs - (or bendy bananas...)

i guess it's just the ones around oldham. they must get there fair share of idiots..

bus drivers don't use tacos.you can drive for up to 5.5 hours without taking a break.for the people who think drivers are all knobs,get in your car drive around town for 8 hours stopping every 30 seconds to pick up a potential argument and at the end of the day see if your a bundle of joy.and yeah i know if you hate the job that much don't do it argument.just trying to reason why your driver might be a miserable twat.like i said it doesn't bother me i let it go right past me and carry on laughing but some days it drives you nuts

I agree that a lot of the people who get on buses are nobs, I dont agree with bus drivers treating everyone like shit. At the end of the day the job is part driving part customer service.

If Worst Bus drivers could actually stick to the timetables (rather than run early) that the GMPTE apparently needs £259 million a year to print (well, I'm not quite sure what else they do) then you might have a chance of actually getting on one. Either that or wait 45 minutes for one, as I did this evening.

I find them quite nice for the most part in north Manchester. On my bus route they are friendly and polite though you do get the odd moody one. When I used to go to college and me and my friends forgot our card that said we could still pay children's fare they never used to say anything or if they did it was usually followed by a "oh it doesn't matter this once".

Then since I started going to uni and work in central Manchester the drivers are horrible. Very rude, unfriendly, generally bad drivers who have road rage. I got a monthly pass and one driver refused to believe it was in date until I got my phone out and showed him on the calender I had another week left. I sometimes skip the line if loads of people are lining up and fiddling with change but always make sure to stay there for five seconds so they can inspect it properly yet half the time they always call me back. Always go past stops when the bus isn't even full. Sometimes they go past the stop you want and even when you tell them you want to get off here they go to the next stop.

Am I the only one who think the bus drivers on that side of town are rude?

Oh sugar, I was honestly thinking of applying for a job as a Bus Driver now i'm in serious doubt. Not sure if i could keep my cool that long.

I'dd drive over some scrote at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.