Buying Success: Discuss

You can't buy success IMO.

When we lose we hear "a team of individuals, not got the team spirit needed", but I thought we were "buying success"?

Every single professional football team on the planet buys football players.

In the last 20 years, there's been NO team to have long term success without paying big money on players. It's simply impossible to have long term success in football without money. Sure, you will get the occassional success with little money (Porto, Athletico), but it's short term - usually only 1 season. They can't sustain it long term because the big teams with the big money buy their best players.

Every fan in England would like their team to spend more money and win more. We're the most privileged fans in the country.

Sit back and enjoy what's going on at our club. We've got the best team in the country and we're only going to get stronger - as a team and as a club.

In 20 years time, we'll be the biggest club in England.

Football is corrupt, from top to bottom, with almost no morals. aside from the chavs, PSG and us, most owners use club's to hide money (launder) with the EPL teams also getting a good return from now on, I expect few EPL takeovers in the future as we get stronger.

After the takeover we were other fans were queing up to tell us that we wouldn't be able to buy success no matter how much we spent. Now we are successfull and they're queing up to tell us we've bought the success.

Spending money dosen't guarantee success, but I can't think of a single successfull club that hasn't spent big when compared to their rivals. Not spending money does however guarantee failiure, the City teams of the 80's and 90's are proof of this.

the stick the utd's liverpools and arsenal of this world use to beat us with is not that we are buying success or should i say buying the ability to have success because we all do it
its that we are using money that isn' t earn't
of course they all do it by using only money from matchday ticket sales

ycmiu and i love it

i own a garage i get a loan from the bank to buy a new ramp and equipment i make more money does that meen i am buying success yes it does do i get looked apon as i am doing wrong NO people are impressed that i am forward thinking and a clever business man but in football its a no no the thinking behind all this buying success is just jelous bollox.

its a Barm said:
i own a garage i get a loan from the bank to buy a new ramp and equipment i make more money does that meen i am buying success yes it does do i get looked apon as i am doing wrong NO people are impressed that i am forward thinking and a clever business man but in football its a no no the thinking behind all this buying success is just jelous bollox.

Punctuation is everybody's friend.

As others have suggested, the argument keeps changing:

1) We spend a lot and don't win = Money can't buy to team spirit / success
2) We have success = only because you bought it
3) When we highlight spending regimes of past winners = but they EARNED their money

So now it's not about buying it, but how you got the money to buy it?

City are a prime example of how money DOES influence things, despite all the talk of academies and fantastic history and management - none of those seem to stack up particularly well against expensive teams. FFP shouldn't be an issue IF it's true that great clubs know how to make great players, but we all know that's not really true. Great clubs manage to snap up the best, and then add a bit of polish and call those players their own creation.

We aren't about denying money. We are about showing that most clubs could have done what we've done with a lot of money and some decent management. But most clubs aren't lucky enough to ever get those things - which is why they could never compete with the big boys.

We are still fighting to avoid having our wings clipped, but we're in a much stronger position that we've ever been before.

Let's not kid ourselves, City have had a few spending sprees over the years, and some of those got us into a fair amount of debt and trouble. Arguably the late 70s spending spree set us back 25 years or more, it was that bad (similar to Leeds in some ways). It's not like we've never had a bit of money tossed at us, we have, and made a hash of it. We've been very lucky this time around though, and we're bloody lucky fans to witness cup finals and trophies - 95% of football fans NEVER get that experience. This is something Liverpool and United fans don't grasp - how bloody lucky they've been over the years, and yet the moment they go a few years without winning something, they can't cope.

Matty said:
its a Barm said:

twats are nobodys.

its a Barm said:
Matty said:
its a Barm said:

twats are nobodys.

Oh dear.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
If you won the lottery would you stick with your basic everyday car or go wild and buy a Ferrari?

Is there any point with all them fucking speed humps :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.