Buying Success: Discuss

Matty said:
levets said:
Matty said:
Hmm, now, lets see which elements of the Code Of Conduct you've just fallen foul of here

Strike 1.

An entire paragraph without a single piece of punctuation falls under "txt spk" as far as I'm concerned, strike 2.

Strike 3.

Could this one be strike 4? I suspect so...........

Get a grip Matty... this is a football forum

Indeed it is, and one which has a code of conduct. Of course, if you're happy to use a forum where every third post is someone calling someone else a dick, or a twat, and where there are huge swathes of text without punctuation, or with vowels missing like it's a text message, then I'm sure you can find one out there somewhere. Forums need moderating, it's that simple. You may not like that fact, or the way the moderation is conducted, but it's going to happen regardless. I've got my "grip" sorted perfectly, but thanks for the concern.

Absolutely incredible. You actually think you are in the right. For no reason you try and belittle a poster and then take the moral high ground. The poster made a valid analogy to buying success. For some reason instead of responding to the post you felt the need to criticise.

Matty said:
its a Barm said:
Matty said:
Punctuation is everybody's friend.
twats are nobodys.

Hmm, now, lets see which elements of the Code Of Conduct you've just fallen foul of here

10. Treat other users with respect. Anyone who is constantly aggressive or confrontational will face action. If something (or someone) winds you up easily walk away.

Strike 1.

11. Please avoid using "txt spk" as it has a habit of pissing people off.

An entire paragraph without a single piece of punctuation falls under "txt spk" as far as I'm concerned, strike 2.

17. Please treat the moderators with the respect they deserve, as they are giving up their free time to help keep this site running.

Strike 3.

14. The minimum age limit for membership is 13.

You sound like Rimmer on Red Dwarf quoting the space core directives. Go and have a pint and put your feet up. Dear me.

GeekinGav said:
levets said:
Matty said:

Strike 1.

Strike 3.

Agreed .... if you gave me a sarcastic comment about grammar and punctuation, you would get a lot worse from me, regardless if you are a mod are not.

but as I have just "disagreed with a Mod", this will be my last post obviously. o/
One "mod" once called one of my posts stupid. I let him know what I thought of him. I let him know again when the thing I was referring to in my post (that he said was stupid) actually happened. He refused to apologise and even reduced himself to the "whatever" quote, but I'm still here. For now.

Football is the only industry that dislikes outside investment. It's staggering really. It's money that previously wasn't within football... coming into football. It allows the industry to prosper. But no... apparently the better way is to load yourself up with debt and pay huge sums in interest. Money that WAS in football but has now left it forever. It really doesn't make any sense.

franksinatra said:
Matty said:
levets said:

Indeed it is, and one which has a code of conduct. Of course, if you're happy to use a forum where every third post is someone calling someone else a dick, or a twat, and where there are huge swathes of text without punctuation, or with vowels missing like it's a text message, then I'm sure you can find one out there somewhere. Forums need moderating, it's that simple. You may not like that fact, or the way the moderation is conducted, but it's going to happen regardless. I've got my "grip" sorted perfectly, but thanks for the concern.

Absolutely incredible. You actually think you are in the right. For no reason you try and belittle a poster and then take the moral high ground. The poster made a valid analogy to buying success. For some reason instead of responding to the post you felt the need to criticise.

Actually, I don't think I'm in the right, I know I am. It wasn't for "no reason" I pointed this out, it's because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. An entire paragraph, containing what should have been 5 or 6 individual sentences, that contains not 1 single piece of punctuation, wasn't acceptable as it makes it incredibly difficult to read. In fact it's actually annoying for many members as it's just lazy posting and a sign of modern society where it's more important to be heard than to do so in a manner that's articulate. Being called a twat for doing so is not acceptable. Oh, and the "reason" I felt the need to criticise, your word not mine, is because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. I many have mentioned that already.

'because I'm a fucking moderator' is a phrase that no moderator should ever post.

Other than that, text speak does need to be policed, although perhaps with a gentle reminder rather than a sarcastic rebuke.

Matty said:
franksinatra said:
Matty said:

Actually, I don't think I'm in the right, I know I am. It wasn't for "no reason" I pointed this out, it's because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. An entire paragraph, containing what should have been 5 or 6 individual sentences, that contains not 1 single piece of punctuation, wasn't acceptable as it makes it incredibly difficult to read. In fact it's actually annoying for many members as it's just lazy posting and a sign of modern society where it's more important to be heard than to do so in a manner that's articulate. Being called a twat for doing so is not acceptable. Oh, and the "reason" I felt the need to criticise, your word not mine, is because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. I many have mentioned that already.

"I'm a fucking moderator"?

Oh dear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.