Buying Success: Discuss

Tricky_Trev said:
Football is the only industry that dislikes outside investment. It's staggering really. It's money that previously wasn't within football... coming into football. It allows the industry to prosper. But no... apparently the better way is to load yourself up with debt and pay huge sums in interest. Money that WAS in football but has now left it forever. It really doesn't make any sense.
I think you'll find every industry dislikes outside investment in direct rivals. It's just that in most other industries, the regulatory body isn't run by the companies that are already successful, and if it was, anyone could tell you that it would be a recipe for disaster.

Matty said:
franksinatra said:
Matty said:
Indeed it is, and one which has a code of conduct. Of course, if you're happy to use a forum where every third post is someone calling someone else a dick, or a twat, and where there are huge swathes of text without punctuation, or with vowels missing like it's a text message, then I'm sure you can find one out there somewhere. Forums need moderating, it's that simple. You may not like that fact, or the way the moderation is conducted, but it's going to happen regardless. I've got my "grip" sorted perfectly, but thanks for the concern.

Absolutely incredible. You actually think you are in the right. For no reason you try and belittle a poster and then take the moral high ground. The poster made a valid analogy to buying success. For some reason instead of responding to the post you felt the need to criticise.

Actually, I don't think I'm in the right, I know I am. It wasn't for "no reason" I pointed this out, it's because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. An entire paragraph, containing what should have been 5 or 6 individual sentences, that contains not 1 single piece of punctuation, wasn't acceptable as it makes it incredibly difficult to read. In fact it's actually annoying for many members as it's just lazy posting and a sign of modern society where it's more important to be heard than to do so in a manner that's articulate. Being called a twat for doing so is not acceptable. Oh, and the "reason" I felt the need to criticise, your word not mine, is because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. I many have mentioned that already.

I can assure you there is very little moderating done on this forum. The language has become disgraceful recently and nothing is done about it. All it does is attract wind up merchants and lowers the standard of what used to be a fairly decent forum.

Matty said:
franksinatra said:
Matty said:
Indeed it is, and one which has a code of conduct. Of course, if you're happy to use a forum where every third post is someone calling someone else a dick, or a twat, and where there are huge swathes of text without punctuation, or with vowels missing like it's a text message, then I'm sure you can find one out there somewhere. Forums need moderating, it's that simple. You may not like that fact, or the way the moderation is conducted, but it's going to happen regardless. I've got my "grip" sorted perfectly, but thanks for the concern.

Absolutely incredible. You actually think you are in the right. For no reason you try and belittle a poster and then take the moral high ground. The poster made a valid analogy to buying success. For some reason instead of responding to the post you felt the need to criticise.

Actually, I don't think I'm in the right, I know I am. It wasn't for "no reason" I pointed this out, it's because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. An entire paragraph, containing what should have been 5 or 6 individual sentences, that contains not 1 single piece of punctuation, wasn't acceptable as it makes it incredibly difficult to read. In fact it's actually annoying for many members as it's just lazy posting and a sign of modern society where it's more important to be heard than to do so in a manner that's articulate. Being called a twat for doing so is not acceptable. Oh, and the "reason" I felt the need to criticise, your word not mine, is because I'm a fucking moderator, and it's our responsibility to deal with issue other posters find irritating, and that fall foul of the Code Of Conduct. I many have mentioned that already.

Read the responses, not one person has an issue with the post you tried to belittle with your crass reference to Punctuation. Yet five or six people have commented on your attitude and comments. So if you are dealing with 'issues posters find irritating' I would start 'fucking moderating' ,your words, closer to home

Matty said:
franksinatra said:
Matty said:

+1

no sod it, +2

citymad said:
Matty said:
franksinatra said:

I can assure you there is very little moderating done on this forum. The language has become disgraceful recently and nothing is done about it. All it does is attract wind up merchants and lowers the standard of what used to be a fairly decent forum.
You can have a +1 too, I think the mods need to have a little sit down with Ric and decide in what direction the forum is going. I know it's a football forum which will be the cry of many but a lot of posters have crossed the line for far too long now. Shove the CoC down peoples throats and then start banning transgressors.

franksinatra said:
Matty said:
franksinatra said:

Read the responses, not one person has an issue with the post you tried to belittle with your crass reference to Punctuation. Yet five or six people have commented on your attitude and comments. So if you are dealing with 'issues posters find irritating' I would start 'fucking moderating' ,your words, closer to home
Since a mod had already addressed the issue what would be the point of repeating it?

To be fair to the rags most of the ones I know don't begrudge us our money, it's a case of ok, bring it on and let's see you compete. The bitter ones seem to be Arsenal and Liverpool. As others have said, we started from a very low base. If we hadn't been successful the critics would only be out saying that money can't buy you team spirit, etc. No win situation with the media sometimes, but as long as we're playing great football and winning a pot or two along the way, that's fine by me. I've supported us through the crap times and couldn't give a stuff about anyone saying we're "buying success". The key for me is remembering where we've come from & keeping our feet on the ground.

What's happened too this thread? Lol but yeh, ALL PL clubs HAVE to spend money, its how football always has been. We're no exception, yes we've spent quite abit but so have other clubs ie rags, dippers, spuds, chelsea madrid etc.

If anything, we're not 'buying success' - were investing in more than just football players ie. Our youth academy, new training facilities, accomodation etc. We're investing to make a TEAM and make our proud club on the map after alot of suffering, rightly so imo.
We've a loyal fanbase and its something that we fully deserve!

ColinLee said:
franksinatra said:
Matty said:

Since a mod had already addressed the issue what would be the point of repeating it?

I don't understand what you are saying here.

sir baconface said:
ColinLee said:
franksinatra said:
[/b]

I don't understand what you are saying here.
I'm saying that I had an issue with it (and similar crappy posts that are all but unreadable) but since a mod had already pulled him up then there's no sense in posting more replies to it. Perhaps there's actually a lot of people that objected to it but did the same as myself and let the mods deal with it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.