Can the UK handle..

Rascal said:
Blue Mist said:
Ignoring all the anti-pro gypsy/roma stuff for a moment. On the first page I said I didn't want any more people from anywhere coming in because the country is full. A few stated otherwise.
Today at 10am I set off from Sale to go to Leeds. Traffic traveling the other way were nose to tail doing on average 30 mph, this was nearly all the way not just around Manchester. We were not doing much better and it took 80 minutes to do the journey. This was not rush hour, I did not see any accidents and there was no bad weather, it was just the sheer volume of traffic. Coming back at 1pm was not much better.
Other than build a new motorway how else do we cope with more and more people coming here ?
I am not interested in ethnicity/religion or anything else ending in nicity, I just think 65 million people are struggling to fit into this tiny island and we don't need any more.

So if we had a decent intergrated transport system you would be all for immigration?

No, no and thrice no. A decent integrated transport system would/could be used to move 65 million people about but the fact remains we are full. In many respects I am against all immigration, I know the arguments, we have some cracking NHS nurses/doctors from all walks of life. The Poles have provided no end of skilled labour, countless immigrants of all colours have done jobs UK residents wont do. I could go on. As I say this is not about race or ethnicity. France, three times the size of us has 60 million people the same as us. Virtually every new house built has to be built on green land, (Not green belt), every new road carves a swathe through country side, every where is full. I hope I am not coming across as a NIMBY. I just think soon we will be at breaking point.
You say a decent integrated transport system, but look at the trains (full) roads (full) internal flights Pretty much full). Perhaps I am suffering from Lemming's disease (note that shows my age)

stonerblue said:
foxy said:
stonerblue said:
didn't read my post then?

I did, what about it?

It's a Guardian article....

typical response from an ignorant gobshite. I'd be surprised if you could actually read.

-- Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm --

MCFCTrick said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
They're gonna come by the truck load 'cos we are a soft touch. We hand out money, it seems, without the slightest check, money that we don't have, and money that isn't available in the place they've come from, and, if we were to emigrate to those places, wouldn't be available to us. The EU has well and truly given some Europeans the chance of a decent lottery win without even buying a fuckin' ticket!

Well said Dave...we a re the laughing stock and dumping ground for any chancers that want to come here and take the piss...but hey it's all in the name of ''multiculturalism' and we should be happy and embrace it...want it or not...

oh look, the illinois nazi's back.

Is there any hope that either you or your mate, can accept different views without insulting them? It's pitiful that you have to resort to it....grow up man.

MCFCTrick said:
stonerblue said:
foxy said:
I did, what about it?

It's a Guardian article....

typical response from an ignorant gobshite. I'd be surprised if you could actually read.

-- Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm --

MCFCTrick said:
Well said Dave...we a re the laughing stock and dumping ground for any chancers that want to come here and take the piss...but hey it's all in the name of ''multiculturalism' and we should be happy and embrace it...want it or not...

oh look, the illinois nazi's back.

Is there any hope that either you or your mate, can accept different views without insulting them? It's pitiful that you have to resort to it....grow up man.

I accept your views.
I am on a public forum, so I have no choice.
So I suggest that you accept mine.
And it is that you are an ignorant, ill-informed bigot, who has not once constructed anything resembling a rational explanation for their prejudiced crap in all the time we have suffered you.
So there we have it.
A frank and honest exchange of views.

Blue Mist said:
Rascal said:
Blue Mist said:
Ignoring all the anti-pro gypsy/roma stuff for a moment. On the first page I said I didn't want any more people from anywhere coming in because the country is full. A few stated otherwise.
Today at 10am I set off from Sale to go to Leeds. Traffic traveling the other way were nose to tail doing on average 30 mph, this was nearly all the way not just around Manchester. We were not doing much better and it took 80 minutes to do the journey. This was not rush hour, I did not see any accidents and there was no bad weather, it was just the sheer volume of traffic. Coming back at 1pm was not much better.
Other than build a new motorway how else do we cope with more and more people coming here ?
I am not interested in ethnicity/religion or anything else ending in nicity, I just think 65 million people are struggling to fit into this tiny island and we don't need any more.

So if we had a decent intergrated transport system you would be all for immigration?

No, no and thrice no. A decent integrated transport system would/could be used to move 65 million people about but the fact remains we are full. In many respects I am against all immigration, I know the arguments, we have some cracking NHS nurses/doctors from all walks of life. The Poles have provided no end of skilled labour, countless immigrants of all colours have done jobs UK residents wont do. I could go on. As I say this is not about race or ethnicity. France, three times the size of us has 60 million people the same as us. Virtually every new house built has to be built on green land, (Not green belt), every new road carves a swathe through country side, every where is full. I hope I am not coming across as a NIMBY. I just think soon we will be at breaking point.
You say a decent integrated transport system, but look at the trains (full) roads (full) internal flights Pretty much full). Perhaps I am suffering from Lemming's disease (note that shows my age)

The UK pop density is lower than Holland and Belguim, just above Germany. Italy and Luxembourg and that is skewed because the UK has 12mllion living in London alone. Our population grew by 1.7% above the EU avrage from 2002/2011. The percentage of EU nationals living in the UK is around average for the EU the percentage of non-EU nationals living in the UK which consider our ties of empire are again average for the EU. Please note that of the estimated 2.5 million EU nationals liiving in theUK 500,000 are estimated to live in London making it the 4th largest French City by population.

So it would suggest that the poorness of our infrastructure, our lack of housebuilding, the daily stores of fecklessness and scare stories about everything else are building peoples fears irrationally.

I am pretty convinced by the need for immigration on the simple basis the UK birth rate makes unsustainable without it. The only available answer i can forsee is people working til they die and pensions being a thing of the past. Otherwise we will have nobody to do the jobs we rely on and im sure everyone on here wants to work til they die. Now that is scary

Kinda like the situation we have back home. people woman about their being no jobs and yet complain about the illegal Mexicans taking our jobs. the sad fact is that their are many jobs available we just think its beneath us to do them.. sad state of affairs but its the truth.

Rascal said:
Blue Mist said:
Rascal said:

The UK pop density is lower than Holland and Belguim, just above Germany. Italy and Luxembourg and that is skewed because the UK has 12mllion living in London alone. Our population grew by 1.7% above the EU avrage from 2002/2011. The percentage of EU nationals living in the UK is around average for the EU the percentage of non-EU nationals living in the UK which consider our ties of empire are again average for the EU. Please note that of the estimated 2.5 million EU nationals liiving in theUK 500,000 are estimated to live in London making it the 4th largest French City by population.

So it would suggest that the poorness of our infrastructure, our lack of housebuilding, the daily stores of fecklessness and scare stories about everything else are building peoples fears irrationally.

I am pretty convinced by the need for immigration on the simple basis the UK birth rate makes unsustainable without it. The only available answer i can forsee is people working til they die and pensions being a thing of the past. Otherwise we will have nobody to do the jobs we rely on and im sure everyone on here wants to work til they die. Now that is scary
Am I missing something here. London/France what is it I am missing here

Rascal said:
Blue Mist said:
Rascal said:

Fair do's Rasc. When you view stats like that it is hard to argue against. I was in Holland (albeit a few years back) a few times and I am surprised our pop. density is lower. That would be my ideal of a country, multi cultural, liberal understanding and most of all space. How wrong can you be! Perhaps it is as you say down to planning. I was shown a school in Holland, it was designed so that if needs changed it would readily be converted to flats. I did however end my post by mentioning Lemmings Disease, I take it you know the back ground of that ?

Several years ago, when the influx of refugees from war zones came in, it definitely did have an effect on my job. Many couldn't speak English and had a very long way to go before they were job ready. No English, no real skills that could be offered to the workforce and at one point I was dealing with at least one a day. I felt sorry for most of them but at least then it was a thriving economy. Don't see any of them now so I guess most found work and settled.
This time it will place a burden on an already over stretched public service/infrastructure.
And that worries me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.