Can the UK handle..

MCFCTrick said:
stonerblue said:
foxy said:
I did, what about it?

It's a Guardian article....

typical response from an ignorant gobshite. I'd be surprised if you could actually read.

-- Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm --

MCFCTrick said:
Well said Dave...we a re the laughing stock and dumping ground for any chancers that want to come here and take the piss...but hey it's all in the name of ''multiculturalism' and we should be happy and embrace it...want it or not...

oh look, the illinois nazi's back.

Is there any hope that either you or your mate, can accept different views without insulting them? It's pitiful that you have to resort to it....grow up man.

I find your views insulting and there is no fuckin hope at all that i would even remotely consider accepting them.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
MCFCTrick said:
stonerblue said:
typical response from an ignorant gobshite. I'd be surprised if you could actually read.

Is there any hope that either you or your mate, can accept different views without insulting them? It's pitiful that you have to resort to it....grow up man.

I accept your views.
I am on a public forum, so I have no choice.
So I suggest that you accept mine.
And it is that you are an ignorant, ill-informed bigot, who has not once constructed anything resembling a rational explanation for their prejudiced crap in all the time we have suffered you.
So there we have it.
A frank and honest exchange of views.

Its a great pity these political threads cant be conducted well with respect for each others views without falling into the usual 'I can come up with the bigger/better insult' kind of schoolboy crap.
Its very boring when you know that you will only be part of a thread for so long until it becomes extremely tedious.

BigJimLittleJim said:
mackenzie said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
Cobblers.

I live in inner city Leeds, and in areas with high levels of immigrants, there are many new medical centres purpose built for the modern era, which I also have had cause to use with recent illnesses.
They are staffed by people of all ethnic groups who can speak both English and other tongues, and let me tell you, they are not rammed full when I've been, far from it.

There are thousands of empty properties in Leeds, and there is a council initiative to get them back in use, and I'm sure this is happening all over the country, just because there may not be as many council owned properties to rent doesn't mean there is nowhere for newcomers to go - there are very few overtly homeless people in Leeds, and mostly they are mentally ill who struggle regardless of housing stock availability.

As usual, the mentally frail Daily Mail readers will believe the horror stories above actual facts and evidence of their own eyes, and tremble in fear and impotent rage at the latest group of media scapegoats, until they're told it's time to focus on someone else.

I guarantee you the influx of our fellow Europeans will not change your lives one jot come January the first.
I'm a leftie. And when one interview takes twice as long than the usual because an interpreter is needed then yes it does have an effect.

I respect you as a poster Mack, and if I'm not mistaken you work in some sort of social service/support role, getting people up to speed for jobs?

You got thru the Polish invasion, I'm sure you'll get 'thru the Roma one, no one will die, no one will get hurt, maybe get stressed, which sucks, but that's the way of all modern business - never enough staff or resources, you can't let your job impinge into your private life (I did several years ago - I got out and changed lifestyle and career - best thing I ever did).

However, I deeply object to this thinly disguised xenophobia dressed up as concern for our national infrastructure - the poor sods aren't even here yet and some would have them strung up by their scruffy goolies - let's see what happens when and if they do come - and there are many respected sources who dismiss the scale of the numbers projected to actually come as insignificant, due to the fact they'll probably go to places like Spain and Italy etc.. due to language similarities and other cultural factors.

History tells us immigrants are good for our country in all respects, and the good people of Romania and Bulgaria will be no different.
And I always respect your posts too because I know that we are like minded and have the same desires at heart.
Yet I can't help but know that an already over stretched public front line is going to suffer in some respect. If one interview takes twice as long then waiting times for said interviews will be effected. And this will be duplicated in other front line areas.
The problem is the lack of English.

foxy said:
MCFCTrick said:
stonerblue said:

He is a keyboard warrior, did you expect anything more? You get branded as a racist if you critic the influx of criminal groups which will flood the country with beggars, baby sellers and scammers in case you didn't know. Oh yeah and the Guardian is 100% right and we all have to read it and accept it as gospel.

The article suggest very little. One guy called Dave carried out research in to the Roma population with no government financial support and so the research is probably poor. He didn't carry out any FOI requests from South Yorks police, so who knows of the anti social crime which has taken place? What does stand out is groups hanging around on street corners which is no doubt intimidating for Sheffield residents. This has been mentioned a huge amount in local press and BBC south Yorkshire news.

It seems South Yorks police couldn't be bothered to record how many times they shuffled groups a long, it was probably not worth the hassle so fair enough.

I like this from one of your earlier un-racist posts in this thread;

"I'm some what apprehensive about the influx of Ronanians in January, they are a horrible nation."

nimrod said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
MCFCTrick said:

I accept your views.
I am on a public forum, so I have no choice.
So I suggest that you accept mine.
And it is that you are an ignorant, ill-informed bigot, who has not once constructed anything resembling a rational explanation for their prejudiced crap in all the time we have suffered you.
So there we have it.
A frank and honest exchange of views.

Its a great pity these political threads cant be conducted well with respect for each others views without falling into the usual 'I can come up with the bigger/better insult' kind of schoolboy crap.
Its very boring when you know that you will only be part of a thread for so long until it becomes extremely tedious.

Spot on

BigJimLittleJim said:
mackenzie said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
Cobblers.

I live in inner city Leeds, and in areas with high levels of immigrants, there are many new medical centres purpose built for the modern era, which I also have had cause to use with recent illnesses.
They are staffed by people of all ethnic groups who can speak both English and other tongues, and let me tell you, they are not rammed full when I've been, far from it.

There are thousands of empty properties in Leeds, and there is a council initiative to get them back in use, and I'm sure this is happening all over the country, just because there may not be as many council owned properties to rent doesn't mean there is nowhere for newcomers to go - there are very few overtly homeless people in Leeds, and mostly they are mentally ill who struggle regardless of housing stock availability.

As usual, the mentally frail Daily Mail readers will believe the horror stories above actual facts and evidence of their own eyes, and tremble in fear and impotent rage at the latest group of media scapegoats, until they're told it's time to focus on someone else.

I guarantee you the influx of our fellow Europeans will not change your lives one jot come January the first.
I'm a leftie. And when one interview takes twice as long than the usual because an interpreter is needed then yes it does have an effect.

I respect you as a poster Mack, and if I'm not mistaken you work in some sort of social service/support role, getting people up to speed for jobs?

You got thru the Polish invasion, I'm sure you'll get 'thru the Roma one, no one will die, no one will get hurt, maybe get stressed, which sucks, but that's the way of all modern business - never enough staff or resources, you can't let your job impinge into your private life (I did several years ago - I got out and changed lifestyle and career - best thing I ever did).

However, I deeply object to this thinly disguised xenophobia dressed up as concern for our national infrastructure - the poor sods aren't even here yet and some would have them strung up by their scruffy goolies - let's see what happens when and if they do come - and there are many respected sources who dismiss the scale of the numbers projected to actually come as insignificant, due to the fact they'll probably go to places like Spain and Italy etc.. due to language similarities and other cultural factors.

History tells us immigrants are good for our country in all respects, and the good people of Romania and Bulgaria will be no different.

Nice. You casually write off Mackenzies actual experience as stress-related, advise a career change as a solution, then describe anyone who voices a concern for our national infrastructure as due to immigration as a xenophobic.

I've no problem with immigrants. We live in a pretty diverse community and I'm proud that my sons are growing up in an environment where they are oblivious to skin colour and accept as a normal fact of daily life that their school friends are from at least seven different countries. I'll also hazard a guess that for every immigrant family bleeding the state of benefits there will be at least one indigenous millionaire costing us more with clever off-shore tax-avoidance. To suggest though that uncontrolled immigration will have a zero or negligible impact on our state services is probably bollocks. We might very well be able to cope with it though and have nothing to worry about - which is precisely why folk like yourself need to stop stifling the debate by labelling anyone who raises concerns as a xenophobe and give the facts a chance to emerge.

mackenzie said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
mackenzie said:

And I always respect your posts too because I know that we are like minded and have the same desires at heart.
Yet I can't help but know that an already over stretched public front line is going to suffer in some respect. If one interview takes twice as long then waiting times for said interviews will be effected. And this will be duplicated in other front line areas.
The problem is the lack of English.

Funnily enough I was discussing this with a well travelled chap I'm in a car club with (restoring crap old cars) - the labour MP Anne Cryer led an initiative in Keighley West Yorks to get Asian women speaking English, which immensely improved their whole lives - it also helped to empower them to recognise when they were being exploited - I'm not sure whether this is offered to all who come to live here, but it would be a great way of integrating newcomers.

On the flip side, there are whole areas of France and Spain etc.. full of Brits who can't speak a word of any other language than English, who live in their own enclaves, complaining about the lack of "proper" sausages and pot noodles - so people in glass houses etc..:)

I might have blown it, but I'd like to live at least for a few years in maybe the South of France, and for sure I'll brush up on my A level French, and have a good crack at integrating - all this is possible because we're Europeans now, and the sooner people accept it, the better. (Not a rant at you there Mack, just venting a bit, soz!)

BigJimLittleJim said:
I'm not sure whether this is offered to all who come to live here, but it would be a great way of integrating newcomers.

The best way NOT to integrate "Newcomers" is to place them in areas of high unemployment where they are a threat to resources to the people already living there, and of course having the same non opportunities as the incumbent tenants.

There is going to be a change when the Roma/Romanians/Bulgarians come and some of these changes will be good ones....but there will be bad changes too.

I don't realistically think you can compare the emigration of mostly well-off retired sun and golf fans from the UK to the Costa's with Eastern European immigration to the UK to be fair - the demographics are likely to be a little different.

Helmet Cole said:
I don't realistically think you can compare the emigration of mostly well-off retired sun and golf fans from the UK to the Costa's with Eastern European immigration to the UK to be fair - the demographics are likely to be a little different.

Good point. A load of people who will pay no tax, take local housing and use local public services whilst putting very little back into the community or some kid from Bulgaria who wants to better himself, will probably in a job and pay tax and contribute to the community

Thats a great point HC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.