can this be challenged?

unexpected item said:
You can tell them what you think here

http://www.premierleague.com/page/ContactUs/0,,12306,00.html

Not that it will make any difference.

Also, the have a document on their site titled HOW THE PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE LIST IS COMPILED Season 2008/09.
http://premierleague.custhelp.com/c...&p_tbl=9&p_id=23&p_created=1238079397&p_olh=0
Don't know why it hasn't been updated recently, but it states

There are also a number of Premier League rules involving matters such as the sequencing of matches. For example:
Wherever possible no Club should have more than two successive home fixtures or two successive away fixtures (excluding Cup draws). All Clubs should have an alternating sequence of home and away Saturday fixtures at both the beginning and end of the season.
A Club that has an away fixture on Boxing Day will have a home fixture on New Year’s Day and vice versa. Each Club should have an equal number of home and away Bank Holiday fixtures, assuming an even number are scheduled.
The distance of journeys to away fixtures on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day should be minimised wherever possible in order to lessen inconvenience to travelling supporters. Clubs participating in the UEFA Cup will be playing on Thursday nights, and will have the option of moving Saturday games to Sundays. Where possible these matches should therefore be home fixtures.

Seems they forgot about about the distance on Boxing Day rule this year, apart from London, Newcastle is our furthest away fixture.

Well put and good find!!! More typical anti city shite going on. It fucking stinks!!!

I am not worried in the least about fixture sequences. We can win the title.

Sunderland travel to Old Trafford on Boxing Day. I suppose they don't matter though do they because it is all anti-City after all isn't it? God help you lot whose minds work in such ways.

It will of course just be coincidence and the luck of the draw that the scum were at home first and last games also last season - and of course also that both games are against newly promoted clubs

The paranoia is ridiculous we are not the first or the only team to have to play away first and away last. There are harder fixtures out there. People will find absolutely anything to moan about.

de niro said:
sorry for another thread but i'm seething, there must be some way this can be challenged, scum v blackpool ffs last game of the season, at home? us away first and last?

this is a message for bobby and the players, we are up against it, they hate us and are doing everything they can to derail us, go and win something, win the league, win a cup but lets show the cheating scum prem chiefs they will NEVER stop MCFC in their quest to smash their fucking bent cartel.
The most important thing is to avoid the promoted clubs in the first few weeks and the last few weeks. Easy 3 points in mid-season, are no longer easy 3 points when these are Cup Finals as relegation appraoches

And the other important factor is do we play away after UEFA Cup games. I haven't worked that out.

I don't care one bit whether we are home or away of the first and last day.

simonr555 said:
Sunderland travel to Old Trafford on Boxing Day. I suppose they don't matter though do they because it is all anti-City after all isn't it? God help you lot whose minds work in such ways.
Well, but if you think about it Sunderland have few closer fixtures!

Marvin said:
de niro said:
sorry for another thread but i'm seething, there must be some way this can be challenged, scum v blackpool ffs last game of the season, at home? us away first and last?

this is a message for bobby and the players, we are up against it, they hate us and are doing everything they can to derail us, go and win something, win the league, win a cup but lets show the cheating scum prem chiefs they will NEVER stop MCFC in their quest to smash their fucking bent cartel.
The most important thing is to avoid the promoted clubs in the first few weeks and the last few weeks. Easy 3 points in mid-season, are no longer easy 3 points when these are Cup Finals as relegation appraoches

And the other important factor is do we play away after UEFA Cup games. I haven't worked that out.

I don't care one bit whether we are home or away of the first and last day.

Ya, it's all the games in between that I'm worried about. First game is always a hard one, home or away.
But if we've any desires of a good top 4 finish we shouldn't have to rely on the last game of the season. For the good of our health I should hope that we're all ready sorted with a place in the top 4 by then.

IrishMacca said:
The paranoia is ridiculous we are not the first or the only team to have to play away first and away last. There are harder fixtures out there. People will find absolutely anything to moan about.

Sorry I know for a fact that no club EVER has had 6 years on the bounce been away from home on the first day of the season

waspish said:
IrishMacca said:

Sorry I know for a fact that no club EVER has had 6 years on the bounce been away from home on the first day of the season
I would guess there are few teams that have had the run of away endings as we have either(what is it 4 in 5?).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.