can this be challenged?

Has someone got time to check which fixtures could be rearranged for europa league/FA cup.

Taking a cursory look if we do well in both we couls have a spuds esque finish of playing all the so called big boys back to back again. Mind you the rags have

Once again Sky have got their dabs and it looks like they want a south bias of a new "Sky" 4.

SCUM
chelsea
Spudschelsea and arsenal in their last 4 games.
Arse

Wonder if the refs have been briefed yet?

The rags in midweek at home. Are they wanting trouble? You'd think after the CC matches the GMuP would want two sunday 13:00 kick offs again.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Damocles said:
If I'm right in thinking that we haven't had a home start since 2004, this is now the 6th season starting away.

This makes the odds of which, 1 in 64. This is equivalent to tossing a 'tails' six times in a row, a little higher than picking the Ace of Hearts out of a fully shuffled pack, and around the same as Ghana winning the World Cup.

No, those odds are wrong. From what I gather the champions start at home the season after winning it, so the 3 seasons they won it have to be taken out of the calculation

Any proof of that?

Whilst I agree with the posters who say we have to play everybody anyway, this is still harsh on our support.
I'm sure clubs can have an input on the fixtures - who did it for City?
It would not be unreasonable to ask for first/last game at home this time; Boxing Day fixtures
are meant to be local - with a third of the teams in the North West this fixture is stupid whoever is at home. If it really must fall this way why not have Wigan, Bolton etc do the travelling - it would spoil Xmas for fewer people.
So who did allow this for City? It's too late now, but we have a strong case next year to have the games the fans look forward to, to be played at home. Put it right City!

danny123 said:
It does take the piss slightly but really, we have to get used to this...we haven't started off at home for what will be what? 6 seasons when we played West Brom at home....It's clear we are a hated club..we have to show that we don't care (and I know some people already don't care) and prove them wrong and start winning trophies when everyone is against us! Just look at our run in...it's relatively easy for a change right?

Wait till the re-arranged fixtures shed a different light on the run-in!

Used to worry about the fixtures when i was younger but the realised that every team has to play each other twice home and away and who is to say Chelsea at home is harder than Blackpool at home when the Chelsea game could see them without Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Anelka, Essien, Cech and Ashley Cole and the Blackpool game could see us without Tevez, Johnson, Adebayor, Lescott, Kompany, De Jong?

At the end of the day it shouldn't really matter who we face, if we're good enough we'll be fine.

As regards Sky, they pump so much money into the Premier League, they are entitled to their influence. Without their money it wouldn't be the Premiership as we know it.

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
No, those odds are wrong. From what I gather the champions start at home the season after winning it, so the 3 seasons they won it have to be taken out of the calculation

Any proof of that?

Just what a number of people seem to say on here, so no...

Someone's probably noticed it already, but is it good or bad that we play ALL of the Sky 4 at home first, before playing them away later in the season?

I can't actually remember proper the last time we had an opening home game fixture.

and we've had one home game in 5 years now.

bit of a joke really.

also looked at the scums fixtures, an easy running is a understatement.

Freestyler said:
I can't actually remember proper the last time we had an opening home game fixture.

and we've had one home game in 5 years now.

bit of a joke really.

also looked at the scums fixtures, an easy running is a understatement.

Facing relegation, none of their fixtures will be that easy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.