can this be challenged?

de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
It's total paranoia and really embarrassing to be honest. If this was united and you heard they were going to appeal their fixture list, you would have a field day. You need to get over yourselves and realise the computer has dished out what its dished out. No conspiracy, no fiddling, just fixtures plain and simple. If we play spurs away first or mid season, it doesn't matter.

if it was a one off maybe, 2 seasons maybe but fuck me this stinks to high heaven. we again play the rags AT THE SWAMP early feb, it can't be coincidence every fucking season.
Tell me what the problem is with playing united away early Feb. Yes I am aware of the significance of the date, but bar Owens goal, tell what problem it has caused us the last 2 times that fixture has come up.

de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
It's total paranoia and really embarrassing to be honest. If this was united and you heard they were going to appeal their fixture list, you would have a field day. You need to get over yourselves and realise the computer has dished out what its dished out. No conspiracy, no fiddling, just fixtures plain and simple. If we play spurs away first or mid season, it doesn't matter.

if it was a one off maybe, 2 seasons maybe but fuck me this stinks to high heaven. we again play the rags AT THE SWAMP early feb, it can't be coincidence every fucking season.
could have sworn it was September when we played em at OT last season

From last season, but there's surely a conflict of interest when a clubs secretary is on the panel rearranging fixtures...

Despite the threat coming from the other side of Manchester, rivals United had good reason to be upbeat. Indeed, fixture planners should now be safe from Sir Alex Ferguson's wrath after revealing their schedule for next season.

Incensed at having to travel to nine of their 10 nearest rivals in the first half of last season, United's manager let fly at the system for determining matches and even asked if it was designed to undermine his side's bid for honours.

There was never likely to be any repeat after United secretary Ken Ramsden found himself drafted on to the group responsible for overseeing each season's list of games.

Ramsden took his place on the League's Fixtures Working Party and can expect a nod of approval from Ferguson over a programme that should not only ease United into the new campaign but spare them any unwanted extra travel when the Champions League kicks in midway through September.

I am furious we have been given an away trip yet again to open, even more furious that the last game is also away, however on the bright side we have (on paper) a very fortuitous run in.

its all well and good saying we have to play everybody at some point but my beef is these.

A, this season will be even closer to us winning something, challenger the sky 4, we could do with a home tie to finish on, its got to be an advantage ffs.

B, i'm just as angry for the travelling fans, boxing day away, its a killer getting there, if we have poor weather our game would be on deffo, not turning back around the oxford area as we did at portsmouth. last home game should be lap of honour, a day out for families and players alike.

i dont want it all our own way just a fair run and i'm sorry that is not the case, like it or not we have bias against us.

Ha Ha we have played them twats 3 times I think in over 20 years in the league on there or thereabouts of there big day remember Goater scoring 1 year that was early Feb , now 3 times in 20 odd years is not every season, I know we have not always been top flight , it just proves the fixtures are fixed for there benefit , what a load of bullshit

MCFC OK

The Fat el Hombre said:
Damocles said:
If I'm right in thinking that we haven't had a home start since 2004, this is now the 6th season starting away.

This makes the odds of which, 1 in 64. This is equivalent to tossing a 'tails' six times in a row, a little higher than picking the Ace of Hearts out of a fully shuffled pack, and around the same as Ghana winning the World Cup.

No, those odds are wrong. From what I gather the champions start at home the season after winning it, so the 3 seasons they won it have to be taken out of the calculation

so when liverpool won it all those times did everton start away every year? lets check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.