Can we cut Edin a break?

He is a strange player who seems to have lapses in concentration but he is a talent nontheless.

Sometimes the ball bounces off him & people put that down to a lack of ability/touch but it's not that, he just takes his eye off the ball for some reason.

When he concentrates, some of his touches are awesome, when he doesn't, he's Peter Crouch in diving boots. Strange.

Sometimes he busts a gut to get on the ball, other times he ambles like he can't be arsed. Both can happen in the same game in the space of five minutes.

Scores important goals & makes some terrible decisions. Why he wasn't just passing to Tevez rather than shooting at the corner flag for the last goal is anyone's guess but it ended in a goal, so he got an assist & a goal out of the game.

Enigma.

Dzeko could and should have got 3 or 4 goals yesterday - he was alone unmarked in the 6 yard box on two occasions, when a team-mate made the wrong pass and failed to give him a tap-in.

He also needs to work on the accuracy with his left foot - for some reason, many chances seem to land on his left foot.
The same can be said of David Silva's right foot.

Perhaps he an Balo shoud start each alternative game and be subbes after 60 minutes?

In perspective his a fantastic third or forth striker to have in the squad, he has scored and set up many important goals. His a great aerial threat and his positioning is fantastic, but he still doesn't fully fit into City's system.

Fans talk about how we dont play to his strenghs, he needs regular game time as his a confidence player, so fucking what? He needs to adapt to Mancini's vision. For me, I think his doing his job atm and am thankful, but I think another top quality striker would be doing a better one. The amount of times he made simple errors yesterday was ridiculous, and that's my biggest frustration, it puts a lot more pressure on the defence and midfield when they're not expecting it. Yes he scored a goal and set up a goal (that was a fluffed shot and diverted by Tevez) but he needs to lose the simple mistakes. The OP has created this thread and it's just gonna add more opinions about him. And that's the beauty, it's all about opinions.

I do think whenever he leaves City he will do well, as long as he picks the right team which play to his strengths. On the other hand players like Tevez and Aguero could walk in to practically any side and adapt.

I think his always going to devide city fans, but his a great third or forth striker to have. I just wouldn't build my side around him.

adammck said:
In perspective his a fantastic third or forth striker to have in the squad, he has scored and set up many important goals. His a great aerial threat and his positioning is fantastic, but he still doesn't fully fit into City's system.

Fans talk about how we dont play to his strenghs, he needs regular game time as his a confidence player, so fucking what? He needs to adapt to Mancini's vision. For me, I think his doing his job atm and am thankful, but I think another top quality striker would be doing a better one. The amount of times he made simple errors yesterday was ridiculous, and that's my biggest frustration, it puts a lot more pressure on the defence and midfield when they're not expecting it. Yes he scored a goal and set up a goal (that was a fluffed shot and diverted by Tevez) but he needs to lose the simple mistakes. The OP has created this thread and it's just gonna add more opinions about him. And that's the beauty, it's all about opinions.

I do think whenever he leaves City he will do well, as long as he picks the right team which play to his strengths. On the other hand players like Tevez and Aguero could walk in to practically any side and adapt.

I think his always going to devide city fans, but his a great third or forth striker to have. I just wouldn't build my side around him.

I agree with most of that but even amongst City's pass & move style, Dzeko should get better service played to his strengths, & I don't mean changing to suit him, I mean when the best option is to stand the ball on the far post for Dzeko to have a go at heading it, don't turn inside & look for a short pass & end up getting blocked, put it on the fucking far post & see if Dzeko scores!

There were occasions when people lke Nasri, then milner, had the ball at their feet, a clear view across goal, Dzeko peeling off to the far post with his hand up shouting for the ball & they think it's too simple to do that so try something else.

Then they fuck up. Just stick it on his head ffs, it's the best option in those positions. Every goal doesn't have to be a passing masterpiece.

Tevez seems to be the only bloke who understands this.

Neville Kneville said:
He is a strange player who seems to have lapses in concentration but he is a talent nontheless.

Sometimes the ball bounces off him & people put that down to a lack of ability/touch but it's not that, he just takes his eye off the ball for some reason.

When he concentrates, some of his touches are awesome, when he doesn't, he's Peter Crouch in diving boots. Strange.

Sometimes he busts a gut to get on the ball, other times he ambles like he can't be arsed. Both can happen in the same game in the space of five minutes.

Scores important goals & makes some terrible decisions. Why he wasn't just passing to Tevez rather than shooting at the corner flag for the last goal is anyone's guess but it ended in a goal, so he got an assist & a goal out of the game.

Enigma.

A good assessment,he is so inconsistent,one play is sublime the next useless.

His concentration lapses and casualness are weaknesses,he ceratinly needs to up his aggression and make his presence known some more.The frustration being that he could be so much better........

I like the lad,and the fee was not his fault,but no way is he a 30m striker,there is equal to be had for half or less than that price.

Some of his turns yesterday were a joy to behold.
Very clever as he can go left or right at real speed.

He struggles when he tries to hold the ball up and that is we're he invariably loses possession.

I like him.

EaglesFan said:
By now it is OBVIOUS some people here just flat-out dislike Dzeko, mostly for non-football reasons (i.e. people saying he had a BAD game today).

We played 3 games, and have 7 points.

Dzeko has 2 goals in 3 games, one an equalizer and the other one for the lead today (and you could argue he played a great part in Skrtel's mistake turned in by Tevez)

You can dislike him all you want, but No Dzeko - and we could have 3 points (3 ties) in 3 games instead of 7.

So - can we cut the lad a fucking break??

Just saying - people need to get their head out their ass - you can dislike the player, but please have some sense and at least save it for when he struggles.

My god. Did you see him play today? He was beyond shocking! The second goal was all Tevez.

And the 3rd goal, Dzeko blasted it wide and Tevez managed to redirect it.

i like edin<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:21 am --<br /><br />his heart is in the right place ..he actually cares about the badge,,,unlike mario

SamTheGuru said:
My god. Did you see him play today? He was beyond shocking! The second goal was all Tevez.

And the 3rd goal, Dzeko blasted it wide and Tevez managed to redirect it.

An unfair assesment,he did as much good as he did bad,some of his hold up play was great other times useless,however,i can't help thinking had that been RVP presented with some of his opportunities.......<br /><br />-- 02 Sep 2012 08:24 --<br /><br />
cyprustavern said:
i like edin

-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:21 am --

his heart is in the right place ..he actually cares about the badge,,,unlike mario

This is an Edin thread,nothing to do with Mario,stop your stirring.

FantasyIreland said:
i can't help thinking had that been RVP presented with some of his opportunities.......

But he only had two real opportunities,one was a goal and the other,a scuffed shot, lead to a goal,the only other shot i remember from him was a long range effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.